Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Thread 18/12 (Canelo v Smith & GGG v Szeremeta)

Options
  • 18-12-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

GGG card on DAZN has started. GGG expected to be in the ring at 1am so not too late.

Pitters v Richards a decent competitive fight about to start on Channel 5 now too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    GGG card on DAZN has started. GGG expected to be in the ring at 1am so not too late.

Pitters v Richards a decent competitive fight about to start on Channel 5 now too.

Lovely stuff...

Will try stay up for GGG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Some finish from Craig Richards knocking out Pitters there. Well worth a watch back for anyone who hasn't seen it. Really good fight.

GGG about to ring walk

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Target practice for GGG. Polish lad had nothing on his shots to deter GGG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What time for the Canelo fight against Smith. I think they said 1PM but is that the ring walk or the start of the whole show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

What time for the Canelo fight against Smith. I think they said 1PM but is that the ring walk or the start of the whole show?

Ringwalk 4am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ringwalk 4am

Hmm, I was concerned about that!
    I'll forget about it for tonight so, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Great finish from Richards. I joined in the 5th and thought he was starting to look lacking in ideas. His corner told him to double jab and that really improved him. Heavy right hand but the left hook to finish it was a bomb!

GGG got a good workout in and looked impressive enough against a limited opponent who was well chosen for him. He might fight 3-4 more times and I think that’ll be him. Great fighter.

Who you all got for Smith vs Canelo? I’m not staying up for that one. I think Canelo gets to the body and Smith will be in a world of trouble. He looks enormous beside him and so he should have some advantages too. He will need a wand of a jab all night to win this. Think he’ll likely need a stoppage to win and it’s hard to see that happening. But maybe. I’d love Smith to do it so frig it I’m gonna say he stops Canelo in Round 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Callum Smith is a dangerous fight for Canelo. He's no Rocky Fielding he does possess power and a decent chin.

Biggest size difference I've seen since Pacquiao v Margarito

Actually love to see Smith spring an upset but just really can't see it after that John Ryder performance. Think Canelo will abuse his body and stop him late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Yeah. Feel like if canelo can finish kovalev, he can finish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone watching this. Any chance canelo is rusty and caught cold.

I'm watching. Weirdly enough I think Smith is going to KO Canelo. The size difference is so massive that I can't see Canelo getting a KO. Think Smith is going to use his reach to jab him to the point of frustration and he'll catch with a hook once Canelo can't get inside him. But then again I've about 7 cans in me so I'm probably just talking utter scutter.

Edit: Love myself a good national anthem. What a stupid tradition that boxing has yet to shake off.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this. Any chance canelo is rusty and caught cold.

Would genuinely shock me given his chin and defence but we'll see. He usually feels his way into these types of fights and takes over as the rounds go on.

I'm watching. Weirdly enough I think Smith is going to KO Canelo. The size difference is so massive that I can't see Canelo getting a KO. Think Smith is going to use his reach to jab him to the point of frustration and he'll catch with a hook once Canelo can't get inside him. But then again I've about 7 cans in me so I'm probably just talking utter scutter.

Edit: Love myself a good national anthem. What a stupid tradition that boxing has yet to shake off.
    I’m in a similar situation cans wise, hence a fiver on smith for the craic. In reality canelo probably rips his body to pieces. I’d really like to see canelo beaten for some reason

Yeah his body shots against Fielding were a thing of beauty. Completely shut him down. Good to see the host nation get a national anthem, next thing to get a national anthem is the manufacturers of the cameras and then another anthem for the textile manufacturers of the ropes....

Yeah his body shots against Fielding were a thing of beauty. Completely shut him down. Good to see the host nation get a national anthem, next thing to get a national anthem is the manufacturers of the cameras and then another anthem for the textile manufacturers of the ropes....

I was just wondering was he American or a Mexican. They love him in USA.

Can’t believe he entered the ring to the old sports stadium ditty. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,010 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is Michael Buffer speaking to us from beyond the grave?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Is Michael Buffer speaking to us from beyond the grave?

It’s digital Michael buffer. If he stumbles in his speech we can say he’s buffering.

I’ll grab the coat there now😳

• Advertisement

Why the f*ck did they get Buffer to do a virtual intro for both fighters only for the in ring announcer to do the same thing? Joke shop tbh. That along with the Champion walking out first and the challenger walking out second.

It’s digital Michael buffer. If he stumbles in his speech we can say he’s buffering.

I’ll grab the coat there now��

:D:D niiiiiice

Size difference is crazy.

Fair play to Canelo 5'8 is small for super middleweight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,010 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I’ll grab the coat there now��

Cleanest shot of the night.

Haven't given Smith a round. Pure domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Smith doesn't deserve to last the distance here, huge gulf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

There's more power in my dick than smith,just another british fighter exsposed on the world stage,bye bye.............

Knockout incoming. Smith has been really poor. Standing in a hunched stance since 1st minute to limit damage. Afraid to let hands go. He’ll be kod I think

Smith's corner has been terrible. No real instructions. Basically spoent most of that time asking if he was okay to continue with no advice on what to do.

• Advertisement

Smith's corner has been terrible. No real instructions. Basically spoent most of that time asking if he was okay to continue with no advice on what to do.

Joe f*cking Gallagher. ****e trainer

Advertisement