Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due August 2021

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭uptheduffagain

Am I the first August mammy? Happy and healthy baby boy born last Thursday. Feeling very lucky 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Congrats uptheduff, that's great news! :) still waiting here, 39 weeks today and feeling very much done with being pregnant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Hi all, my (not so little) man arrived by planned section. We're home now and doing great. He's a little dote, feeding and sleeping like a champion.

Best of luck to you all still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Congrats xalot 😊

Our baby number 3 turned out to be a boy, he arrived on the 19th August, a very quick birth (that I'm still reeling from a little bit!) and is doing great, feeding is going v well with the aid of nipple shields. His big brother and sister are delighted with him - although both have definitely been extra sensitive since his arrival - and we're all adjusting to being a family of 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

It looks like my August baby will probably be a September baby after all. I am 5 days overdue now and going demented!

Any more babies? How did you get on, @Antares35 and @catrionanic ? Hope all well with you and your families.

I'm doing well, had a bit of a rocky start though as I developed a bad case of mastitis after 11 days... ended up pretty sick in hospital for a few days but thankfully doing better now. I can safely say that I never want to see the inside of the NMH ever again!

Otherwise baba is doing really well and couldn't be more in love with him. Big brother is slowly coming around to the idea too (or maybe we're just getting more tolerant of his tantrums!) 🤯😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Oh goodness, mastitis bad enough for a hospital stay must have been really truly nasty, you poor thing. Did you work out what caused the mastitis so that you can try to avoid it again?

Our little lady arrived 8 days late on 2nd September. We had a planned home birth and it was just magical. She was a big baby - 4.06kg - and much bigger than her older brothers were! But she is doing great and she has two adoring fans in her older brothers who are completely madly in love.

Ah that's lovely news, congrats! Glad your home birth worked out.

It was awful, I've genuinely never felt as sick in my life... I'd rather go through labour again, TBH. Breastfeeding didn't work out for us so I was pumping pretty much from the start. I reckon I had an oversupply and wasn't pumping regularly enough. He's now on formula and we're both a lot happier. I'm very glad he got a couple of weeks of breastmilk but I have no regrets, exclusive pumping is extremely hard, both physically and mentally.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well done uptheduff, it is really hard pumping especially with another child too.Hard to be regular about it and mind a newborn too.

Advertisement