Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

People who make a big song and dance when they're 'leaving' Facebook (or practically any social media platform) in order to try and attract as much attention as possible (and in many cases, return to Facebook again at some point in the future because they can't handle the attention vacuum). They're also the sort of people who pre-announce that they're going to 'cull' their friends list just to see what reaction it gets, and very rarely do they really go through with their 'threat' - when they have several hundred/thousand 'friends' they have no-one to blame but themselves. I have this one fella, who's generally regarded as a fairly smart cookie, who uses an app to track his friends list so he can see who has 'unfriended' him - yet he loves to stir things up and wonders why? Needless to say, I managed to pull the plug on Facebook at the start of the year (I left a simple message to let people know, just in case they thought something might have happened to me!) and I'm all the better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finishing work for two weeks today and mother of god, you'd swear I was leaving for good with the level of crap that's being panic-thrown at me today.

I also have a whopper headache and genuinely can't tell if it's the stress of having to deal with that, the fact that I overdid it on the wine at a family dinner last night, or my ponytail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People calling going for a swim “ wild swimming “ ! Its just a swim in the sea or a lake or river for gods sake !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Timmy Two-Fags, the resident babyfaced chain smoker of my bus stop is stinking the place out of it with his rotten tobacco smoke yet again and he hasn't even started his second smoke yet 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ian Bailey farted - newsworthy item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sandz066

Take a screenshot of it, always in your photo gallery then regardless of the signal.

First day of leave so naturally I was awake at 8.30.

I've also already had to fish out the work phone to send an email. 'Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Once half five comes and if it's work related, I won't answer or reply to anything until 9 the next morning

That's how it should be but unfortunately not really an option in my job. I've already had to knock two days off my leave to be able to take it at all.

Quick PSA, kids: Never work in client service. Particularly in PR.

Anyway, the phone is gone back in the laptop bag now, and there it shall stay til Friday week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or in anything remotely ICT-related.

• Advertisement

The whole celebrity culture thing. It's such a hollow load of sh!te perpetuated by the media. It's even bigger now since the prevalence of smartphones. What does it matter what Billie Eilish or Machine gun Kelly think about x, y or z?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Don't get me started on the MET gala.

The most pretentious clap-trap of all time. Who cares what celeb A is wearing, and why it's more daring that celeb B's apparel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nikki Minaj doing covid "research". Lol.

Sitting on the can with your phone is research now.

I see Frank Ocean brought a neon green robot baby to the met gala. Newsworthy. 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 24,844 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The only day that I have shitloads of stuff to do is tomorrow..no sorry today, and I haven’t slept a wink yet, insomnia dot com... annoyed too by my Dad just being an unreasonable needy individual this week... and giving out because the rest of us don’t want to exceed to his demands...which is him basically wanting to organize a social event at home to help cheer up his sister my aunt.... inviting family etc...post boosters maybe different..

his sister despite being in her ‘70s, a widow is apparently feeling the burden and isolation, her son and daughter are within a 5 kilometer radius... the aunt works with the homeless community despite her age and has been less then observant of restrictions. Sees herself as a martyr of sorts...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The way I tend to fixate on a particular song that I love. Presently it's Pink and Thats all I know so far. Absolutely cracking song

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Builders should have and use those plastic things to cover shoes when entering somebody else's house, the kind you see surgeons wearing. Got some nice muddy footprints to clean off the carpet later 😤

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's a shop I go to weekly and the buttons on their card machine are ridiculously sensitive, you've to press the buttons really lightly. Normally takes 3 attempts to put your pin in

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I said it to a guy one day who was about to head upstairs with wet shoes.

Guess what, he had the covers for his shoes, just hadn't put them on until I mentioned it. 🙄

When I open a six pack of crisps and the first pack I pull out is burst I always feel cheated. 😩

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Anither forum I'm on actually has a Flouncers Corner! Someone goes there to announce they are leaving. <Tumbleweed>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

And the recent trend for the women to turn up in a translucent "dress" that shows the underwear as clear as day.

Saw one celebrity at that Gala and the back of her dress dipped to below her ass crack.

Check out "celebrity" Liberty Poole at some "celebrity" event tonight. Basically wearing a negligee.

It's like they're all trying to out-chav each other.

To thine own self be true

And yet you're all still talking about said "celebrities"...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Well this is a double edged sword 🤔 now I don't know whether to be happy that they exist or annoyed at the possibility that he had them but was too lazy to put them on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That you can't see on the new site who has thanked posts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The phrase "of a [insert day here]".

It just reeks of people trying to use a phrase the old people use because you know....there's a type of person who thinks liking/doing/saying things old people are typically associated with is funny or something.

I first noticed Ray D'arcy using the phrase. He says it constantly. "I was out for a walk of a Monday evening"

Now I'm seeing it on Instagram of young people captioning photos with it.

Jack Grealish's haircut.

That my housemate never put the black bin out last week while I was away and now there's no way we're going to make it to the next collection day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Being failed in my driving test for not being observant via not looking over my shoulder enough. spent 90% of the test looking in mirrors, well able to see what's behind me and fails me on not looking over my shoulder once or twice.

Pedantic wanker.

I made one screw up more so, pulling out the gate hastily, a bit wide and my car was in the way of a lady pulling in to where I was pulling out, I'll hold my hand up and say I screwed up there. But with my mirror usage today I was more than observant and could see everything, should have sailed through that test.

Load of b*****ks.

Advertisement