Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

VonVix wrote: »
    Met you today! :p

I was waiting to see who the boardsie was!
    Apologies for Ralph answering back to the puppies at a training!!

Brought Ralph and Raven to get their photos done for xmas cards at wet nose studios...
    Wasn't the best of times, Raven was afraid of everything in the room and Ralph chewed the squeak out of the photographers prop:o:o:o:o

Ill await to see the finished photoshop, might get two tails in the one shot:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

shakencat wrote: »
    I was waiting to see who the boardsie was!
    Apologies for Ralph answering back to the puppies at a training!!

Brought Ralph and Raven to get their photos done for xmas cards at wet nose studios...
    Wasn't the best of times, Raven was afraid of everything in the room and Ralph chewed the squeak out of the photographers prop:o:o:o:o

Ill await to see the finished photoshop, might get two tails in the one shot:p

Haha, I just heard "shush, Ralph!" and looked over, did a double-take. :P Your duo are just as gorgeous in real life!

And it's totally fine, I should apologize for looking totally drowned, you didn't catch me on the best of days. :D

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Nor me, the other half was late home from work so i had to take them myself, he's a handful!!
    the type of dog who runs around you in circles and the lead miraculously wraps in and out and around your legs haha

Raven just sits watching like the lady she is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My poor Leo is sick :(

6ywPFYx.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I notice a slight swelling/lump on the left side of his neck. He went for a walk and ate ok, by night time he seemed to be having some trouble drinking.

He woke me up at 7am this morning whimpering to go out. When I got downstairs I notice the swelling had ballooned to the size of a small fist, and he was shivering.

94jL8Ye.jpg

He was having difficulty yawning and swallowing his spit. I called the vets and was told to come up in an hour. The vet said it seemed like he had an infected lymph node. And a high temperature.

He said it's very unusual for a 7 month old puppy to have this, and it could likely be from something he tried to eat. He's a divel for picking up crap of the footpaths on walks and trying to eat all manner of crap. There's also a section of our walk where he tries to eat grass, but there are thorny hedges there too. He might have got a thorn, I don't know.

The fact that he had a temp hopefully indicates just an infection and nothing too sinister.

He hasn't eaten much today and I had to give him water by syringe, he's only just gone out again since this morning, mostly sleeping all day.

Just now he started chewing on one of his toys, so that's a good sign.

I'm to give him Clavudale and get back to the vets on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed its nothing serious and the swelling goes down by then. I've only had him for two months but I already love him to bits the lanky little mutt. :o

ash poor leo, keep us updated x

• Advertisement

shakencat wrote: »
    ash poor leo, keep us updated x

Thanks. You should see the thing now. It's like a big goitre :eek: my wife says it's all on the outside and it's OK for it to get bigger before it gets better.

He ate the food I left out earlier and drank from his bowl. He even wanted to,play with his tug toys. Fingers crossed, the meds are kicking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Jease. Poor him and you. Fingers crossed for you both.

TT

TopTec wrote: »
    Jease. Poor him and you. Fingers crossed for you both.

TT

Thanks. I'm so glad I took his collar off yesterday afternoon when I saw the swelling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Even the dogs are refusing to go out in this weather!!

2015-11-09%25252012.44.57.jpg

Haha. Don't blame them one bit. Leo never wants to go out in the mornings to do his business, if it's cold and it wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Lucy says hello

Lucy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Found a couple more of ours, one from last winter:

IMG_0940_zpsmlidlh7a.jpg

and a 'ya little b****' action shot :pac:

IMG_1239_zpsbtrzbjiy.jpg

Daughter-named Tiggy, but by other dogs' reaction wherever we go, should really go by Darth Vader or Kaizer Soze :cool: Maybe it's the oversized teeth (a French vet -not his usual, we live in the UK- remarked on it again week before last)...or the terrier built around them, clearly as an afterthought :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sibleykins

I wish i could share a picture of mine - but darn new accounts aren't allowed apparently for a period of time!

Reggie is tired! Spot the photobomber?

I took Leo back to the vets on Tuesday. The swelling had gone down considerably by then. The lymph node was still inflamed though, and he still had a temperature.

The vet gave me more antibiotics to last till Sunday. Hopefully that will clear it.
    He's still not eating like he used to, but he's in good spirits and full of energy. I just hope he hasn't gone off the food. :o I only just got two bags of it. :eek:

12249816_10208406172017675_4449391940553902908_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Me and my ex split 2 years ago and in the custody battle she got the dogs. Unfortunately only one remains after our Newfoundland developed a tumor. I rarely get to see McClane so when I got a message that the ex was going to New Zealand for a few weeks and she asked if I'd take care of him and the cats I jumped at the chance.

Here's myself and the missus with McClane over the weekend at the beach/cliffs

20151114_144406.jpg
    20151114_145608.jpg
    20151114_151333.jpg
    received_10153825419847216.jpg
    received_10153825420072216.jpg
    received_10153825420237216.jpg
    received_10153825420272216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Me and my ex split 2 years ago and in the custody battle she got the dogs. Unfortunately only one remains after our Newfoundland developed a tumor. I rarely get to see McClane so when I got a message that the ex was going to New Zealand for a few weeks and she asked if I'd take care of him and the cats I jumped at the chance.

Here's myself and the missus with McClane over the weekend at the beach/cliffs

I am in a similar situation to you but im the one who got the dogs. He sees them a lot but not as much as he'd hope im sure. Hopefully you get to see McClane more often now....he looks delighted there anyway! Especially the "selfie" with the beach in the background - hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Waiting to blow out candles on his fillet steak! My loyal friend the Tintin. Had testicular cancer this year, cured. Has bad heart value problem (last 3 years) but stable. Has liver/kidney failure and going to vets tonight to get blood test to see how bad. Hopefully not his last birthday:(
    or2iwn.jpg
    Edit: Blood results back, going into kidney failure. Won't be a 15th birthday:(:(:(

2i0vh9v.jpg
    HE YET LIVES!!!!!!!!!!
    14 years and two and half month birthday. On a renal diet (make it everyday for him) and kidneys have improved. Was drinking nearly 3/4 litre of water per day now drinking normal amounts. Get his 4 walks per day and around 50+ nuggles from myself and the missus. Maybe a 15th birthday is not impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

How can you follow a post like that!

Mine turns 12 next month, still likes his food.

Dougie.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Senecio, why is your 12 year old cutie, sitting there with an empty bowl?!?!?!?
    Get on with it - has he not got you trained yet?!?!? :D

All smiles!:D:D

smikes_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

aonb wrote: »
    Senecio, why is your 12 year old cutie, sitting there with an empty bowl?!?!?!?
    Get on with it - has he not got you trained yet?!?!? :D

His bowl was full 30secs earlier!

That was his "Please sir, I want some more" look.

Senecio wrote: »
    His bowl was full 30secs earlier!

That was his "Please sir, I want some more" look.

He is so gorgeous - one of my dogs dam was the spitting image of him - I love the hairy little terriers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

All snuggley :)

369373.jpeg

ralph settling in well!!

20151122_214121.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

"This is my Leonberger impression!"
    qndjYbP.jpg?2

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My girls stressing about their hard lives.
    IMG_20151121_204310.jpg

I hope this isn't huge. Using my phone to do this.

This is my new little dog Hiro looking very trendy and oh so happy to be wearing a sparkly girls hat! :D

• Advertisement

^^^^^ Black & tan, hairy, black eyed terrier = fills all my requirements for the perfect dog :) Such a cutie! how old?

^^^^^ Black & tan, hairy, black eyed terrier = fills all my requirements for the perfect dog :) Such a cutie! how old?

He's just a little over a year old. He's adorable and bold in equal measures! :D He's best friends with my mams whippet/lurcher. Its very sweet. The lurcher was badly abused before we got her at five months. She's terrfied when she's out and about and often will stop walking completely and starts to violently shake when she sees other dogs and people. Now my mam takes hiro with them on their walks and there's no problems now at all. She must think he'll mind her.

ok, so let me change my previous post:

Black & tan, hairy,bold, kind to his friend, black eyed terrier = fills all my requirements for the perfect dog :):)

That is the nicest post Ive read for a while!
    Arent dogs the absolute best!
    Lucky little whippet!
    I guess you could say Hiro is her Hero :D

I guess you could say Hiro is her Hero :D

Hahaha can't believe we've never used this pun ourselves!

Lovely active thread of doggies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Need a bigger couch :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

R8rpSJd.jpg

Fox is ready for winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Where is my Daddy going Now :rolleyes:

Where%20he%20go_zps1dtzypiy.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

my messers!

Ralph is getting bigger!

2015-11-27%2013.33.23.jpg

2015-11-25%2010.54.25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

They really look like best buddies. The only thing better than having a dog is having two dogs.

look though....

We had Nova, our foster, they got on so well...

IMG_20150418_101504.jpg

Now this guy has taken permanency!

2015-11-25%2010.54.25.jpg

20151122_214121.jpg

• Advertisement

LOVE this thread!

Fox = Cuteness overload!

MonkieSocks= GREAT picture!

Shakencat = such a lovely story, to see your "scary RB" (:D) rescue pup settling in so well - how lucky was he to land on his feet - apart from having his ear bitten off by his human of course!! Lovely photos, and lovely to see him looking so healthy and happy and GROWING!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

3557755444_a3ebd42783.jpg

Sylvester

Love his eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Sylvester

Beautiful :p

When I see that name for a Cat.....reminds me of this :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Look into my eyes!

tGxfmRN.pnghttp:

She was sunbathing back in the summer and I managed to catch her in the middle of a slow blink to me :)

GKXKSpp.png

(She had some matted fur just above her tail at the time hence that white patch but it's all better now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

:D

370171.jpeg

Leo's nose is loosing pigment :eek: I hope it's not because of plastic?! He's hit a white plastic bowl that I use for water outside, two rubber toys. He's had the bowl and toys for months. The loss of pigment only started a few days ago. I hope it's not because of the nylabone I got him last week.

He's a powerful chewer and anything else gets destroyed in minutes. :o

EcwtSJC.jpg
    s38yh4H.jpg
    oye8co7.jpg
    zzfvnSk.jpg
    cXxfIMk.jpg
    J2KKyIN.jpg

^^^^^ he is SOOOOOO cute!

^^^^^ he is SOOOOOO cute!