Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

paddyCPW wrote: »
    That's really disappointing to be waiting that long. I'm in the same boat June 2017 OOM is higher (late 700's). I agree OOM seems to only be valid for public jobs. I'm just waiting sign off on my vetting by senior management, so April does look hopeful for us :)

Yea it nearly made me give up I thankfully took on a different job or else I would have been broke and homeless waiting on them. 2 the girls I did the fitness with in July are both in already it's soul destroying when realistically they just need to do their job in the office and they would have the candidates processed much quicker. I'm gonna email them as reading previous comments what they say and what they mean doent mean much they said I'm fully signed off but I'm still not convinced. I thought I would be on the beat by now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Yea it nearly made me give up I thankfully took on a different job or else I would have been broke and homeless waiting on them. 2 the girls I did the fitness with in July are both in already it's soul destroying when realistically they just need to do their job in the office and they would have the candidates processed much quicker. I'm gonna email them as reading previous comments what they say and what they mean doent mean much they said I'm fully signed off but I'm still not convinced. I thought I would be on the beat by now ha

It is and they probably have a higher OOM. I rang HRM and they are still awaiting sign off by senior management.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Quick question for the people who know or have been in Templemore. I'm aware you can work while studying for the 6 months (not sure about off campus) but is it worth it? Would you suggest when down there getting a part time job for extra cash or is it even worth it?

I heard someone say you can work on campus extra like in the canteen / bar but I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Smallboy wrote: »
    Quick question for the people who know or have been in Templemore. I'm aware you can work while studying for the 6 months (not sure about off campus) but is it worth it? Would you suggest when down there getting a part time job for extra cash or is it even worth it?

I heard someone say you can work on campus extra like in the canteen / bar but I'm not too sure.

Don't think you can man ,maybe a cash in hand on the weekend but

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Smallboy wrote: »

Not sure for definite but I’ve often seen people say on previous threads that you can’t work on the side during the 8 months training. Like previous poster said, maybe people do cash in hand jobs at the weekend but technically I don’t think it’s allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Any body who what size of each intake is? And how many months apart In takes are?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Any body who what size of each intake is? And how many months apart In takes are?

200 an intake. Every 3 months. Has anyone rang to confirm the date of next intake?

twoblub wrote: »
    200 an intake. Every 3 months. Has anyone rang to confirm the date of next intake?

Yes, it's April

twoblub wrote: »

Are you still waiting from September 2016 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

I called up HRM yesterday to get an update on my application . Said Vetting is complete and I’m on the door step of templemore like many of us. The lad on the phone was sound got chatting to him and he said to keep an eye on my email within the next month as offers would be out and to make sure to check spam folders. Now I know none of us here would be stupid enough to miss and offer but he was saying it happeneds quite a lot so keep those eyes peeled for the next month !

• Advertisement

I called up HRM yesterday to get an update on my application . Said Vetting is complete and I’m on the door step of templemore like many of us. The lad on the phone was sound got chatting to him and he said to keep an eye on my email within the next month as offers would be out and to make sure to check spam folders. Now I know none of us here would be stupid enough to miss and offer but he was saying it happeneds quite a lot so keep those eyes peeled for the next month !

Did he say your vetting was signed off by senior management?

What competition are you from and OOM?

Happy days ,yeah be great to get a good bit notice from the acception email and the start date ,back to checking it out emails a hundred times a day ha

Did he say your vetting was signed off by senior management?

What competition are you from and OOM?

He said it’s waiting to be signed off. How long do you think that takes ?

Sept 17 and my OOM is 44

He said it’s waiting to be signed off. How long do you think that takes ?

Sept 17 and my OOM is 44

I called and they said it takes as long as it takes, however from previous posters on here it can be done the day before offers go out.

I called and they said it takes as long as it takes, however from previous posters on here it can be done the day before offers go out.

Yeah I getcha ! Here’s hoping we all get an offer in the next month or 2 !

We’ve all waited long enough !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dayday888

I'm sept 2016 too.....

dayday888 wrote: »
    I'm sept 2016 too.....

What’s your oom

I don’t think your oom means anything tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Im from june 2017 and my file is waiting to be signed off since sept 2018 :/

AniaSz wrote: »
    Im from june 2017 and my file is waiting to be signed off since sept 2018 :/

What's your OOM?

That's crazy

What's your OOM?

That's crazy

• Advertisement

AniaSz wrote: »

Have you rang HRM lately to get update?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Think there's still about 160 - 170 people waiting from Jan 2016 campaign.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Think there's still about 160 - 170 people waiting from Jan 2016 campaign.

What make you say that

Have you rang HRM lately to get update?

Yes but always same answer ... we will let u know as soon as we get your file back

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

How often are people ringing HRM for an update?

Letsdoit wrote: »
    How often are people ringing HRM for an update?

I rang for the first time ever yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I ring every 3 days or so. There’s been no progress on my file for months.
    I’m seotember 2016, everything completed about 18 months nearly. I’m not the only one like this either. So anyone from June 2017 who’s complaining just think about us haha because I am at my witts end

I ring every 3 days or so. There’s been no progress on my file for months.
    I’m seotember 2016, everything completed about 18 months nearly. I’m not the only one like this either. So anyone from June 2017 who’s complaining just think about us haha because I am at my witts end

Oh wow that’s mad ! And what do they say when you ring ? What’s the hold up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

What make you say that

It was in one of the links someone posted a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Oh wow that’s mad ! And what do they say when you ring ? What’s the hold up ?

They told me it’s vetting the usual and I rang last week and they told me I was waiting to be signed off then I rang this Monday and they said vetting outstanding and I rang this afternoon and they said awaiting sign off. I dunno what’s going on atal. What date are the next crowd going in do u reckon?

Advertisement