Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2018 campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

Hello everyone. I just completed the Assessment Questionnaire, just wondering has anyone got the email for the Aptitude testing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hello everyone. I just completed the Assessment Questionnaire, just wondering has anyone got the email for the Aptitude testing yet?

No you won't get that until probably the day before they are due to start on the 27th.

Lads anyone have any idea how the questionnaire is marked, I was just wondering about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bowelofsoup

I just completed the questionnaire. Fairly straightforward enough. Took me 40 minutes just answered each with my gut feeling think it was the best way to approach it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I just completed the questionnaire. Fairly straightforward enough. Took me 40 minutes just answered each with my gut feeling think it was the best way to approach it

Definitely.. There really isn't any right/wrong answers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Aptitude tests on public jobs. (part B)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Aptitude tests on public jobs. (part B)

I didn’t get mine yet.. probably be tomorrow for me!

Tomorrow's date is the start date on it so you're probably right.

Anyone do the aptitude tests yet guys?? I'm leaving mine till the middle of the week, dreading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

I did part b just now. Verbal was very straight forward, especially if you've done them before. Logical was very tough though, I'd definitely recommend practicing them online, I practiced the logical at home and on a course and always got about 90% right but this one was full of tough questions I felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

Does anyone know a good Irish course or where to learn Irish? I need to learn it for the test but all I can find is rosseta stone and 1 course in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Ye verbal reasoning was pretty easy but logical was a **** to do, I completed the logical part with 3 seconds to go while on the verbal I had plenty of time left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

LukeP26 wrote: »
    I did part b just now. Verbal was very straight forward, especially if you've done them before. Logical was very tough though, I'd definitely recommend practicing them online, I practiced the logical at home and on a course and always got about 90% right but this one was full of tough questions I felt.

Hi did you do the career services course? If so was the logical the same type as what they are showing examples of?

Is the Kilroy online material similar to the material that appears in this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi did you do the career services course? If so was the logical the same type as what they are showing examples of?

If you've been practising the logical at all, I think you'll manage these. I found them generally straightforward. I'm more confident on the logical reasoning, felt like some of the wording in the verbal was a bit tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

P1nkr0ses wrote: »
    Did them an hour ago. Did not have fun. I'm normally faster at the inductive reasoning but I pretty much ran out of time and had to start guessing at the end. I had 4 minutes left in the verbal reasoning. Not expecting to get a low OOM.

I wouldn't mind once i got through to stage 2 might wait till Monday to do it haha

Did them an hour ago. Did not have fun. I'm normally faster at the inductive reasoning but I pretty much ran out of time and had to start guessing at the end. I had 4 minutes left in the verbal reasoning. Not expecting to get a low OOM.

I think I worked it out that to pass you could get 9 wrong for the verbal and 7 wrong in the logical. I don't think I've aced it, but hopefully done enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

I think I worked it out that to pass you could get 9 wrong for the verbal and 7 wrong in the logical. I don't think I've aced it, but hopefully done enough.
    That sounds pretty good, hopefully it works out well for us all, good luck to all anyway

I think I worked it out that to pass you could get 9 wrong for the verbal and 7 wrong in the logical. I don't think I've aced it, but hopefully done enough.[/quote]

How did you work that out ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Did anyone else find tests extremely difficult? Ive done career services course and was scoring extremely well on the online tests (90 plus) but found the public jobs test extremely difficult and think got alot wrong. Even ran out of time on last 2 questions in both. Am I only person in this boat that found them v tough? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

The good thing about these tests is that they are scaled and you are compared with peers.

vardy98 wrote: »

How did you work that out ????[/quote]

I think I read somewhere that the pass rate is 70%. So that would be a score of 21/30 for the verbal and 17/24 for the logical. Don't have a source for the 70%, I'm sure I read it on here somewhere, but can't remember where 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Do we have to complete an Irish exam at any stage? I have my Leaving Cert and have an ordinary level B. I was always brutal at it and I would really struggle to have a conversation in it. I could probably make a good attempt at translating an Irish passage into English but absolutely not the other way around. Is the Leaving Cert taken as satisfactory competency or have we to prove it in another way?

Do we have to complete an Irish exam at any stage? I have my Leaving Cert and have an ordinary level B. I was always brutal at it and I would really struggle to have a conversation in it. I could probably make a good attempt at translating an Irish passage into English but absolutely not the other way around. Is the Leaving Cert taken as satisfactory competency or have we to prove it in another way?

Once you have over a D3 in ordinary level Irish your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Just finished Part B there. I found both exams alright, but I normally get an average of 50-60% correct from practising! Hopefully done enough to pass anyways. Sooner we find out the better

I want to do them, but I'll be sh!tting a brick! :o

Not sure if it's much good to anyone at this stage but Kilroy have an online course for 99 euro. You might with a push get access by late Monday if you paid online today. I suppose it'd be a way to calm the nerves before you do the aptitudes.

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's much good to anyone at this stage but Kilroy have an online course for 99 euro. You might with a push get access by late Monday if you paid online today. I suppose it'd be a way to calm the nerves before you do the aptitudes.
    I am not sure

I used the career services myself. Just the online material for 100 euro. It prepared me some what.

However, what caught me was that the practice material for the verbal reasoning supplied by the public jobs was different format to what I just done in the actual verbal reasoning test..

But sure, such is life.. I don't really know how I done.

Advertisement