Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that Olga's has gone, any recommendation for a dressmaker who can cut or work from a pattern?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bredabe wrote: »
    Now that Olga's has gone, any recommendation for a dressmaker who can cut or work from a pattern?

Across from Hole in the Wall cant think of its name. It has ad's in the Advertiser.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking to replace some light bulbs, problem being I can't read exactly what they are, there's a reflective coating that makes reading the wattage difficult, should I go to somewhere like conboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Looking to replace some light bulbs, problem being I can't read exactly what they are, there's a reflective coating that makes reading the wattage difficult, should I go to somewhere like conboys?

Bring the bulb into somewhere like Conboys and ask them. Wattage rating is related to brightness

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use CT Electric on Sean Mulvoy Rd, simply because I can park outside the shop.
    Also because they never said no to dispose of the old bulbs I brings me, one less (tiny) worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Anywhere that does afternoon tea aside from The G and the Merrick?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Anyone know where I'd pick up a Micro SD card for a reasonable price in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

zell12 wrote: »

Cheers. Was hoping for a bit cheaper. Keep buying the things and never been able to find them when I need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

xckjoo wrote: »
    Cheers. Was hoping for a bit cheaper. Keep buying the things and never been able to find them when I need them.
    Halfords?

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »

Good thinking!
    Got one in cex in the end. About the same price as Halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidK1993

Anyone know where I could pick up those large bottles of blenders condiments, like mayo, taco sauce etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

DavidK1993 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could pick up those large bottles of blenders condiments, like mayo, taco sauce etc?

Try Musgrave's on tuam road,or Mr price in terryland

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidK1993

Try Musgrave's on tuam road,or Mr price in terryland

Thought you’d have to own a business or have a business card to shop in musgraves?

DavidK1993 wrote: »
    Thought you’d have to own a business or have a business card to shop in musgraves?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Nope

??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Musgrave is a catering and retail trade Cash & Carry. It is not a public trade spot otherwise traffic would be nuts getting in and out of it.

I've been in,bought, got a trade card for the day inside,I didn't even ask ,was offered

Anyone know where or which business is the lowest cost for downloading and copying in black and white?
    *sliding scale would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Can anyone recommend a pub a pub to host a summer BBQ for 20 people? Tried An Pucan, Crowes Bar & O’Reillys in Salthill. Any other ideas? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

Does the barbeque have to be in town? Padraicins in Furbo (right by beach) might be worth checking out if not

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Shot Blasting/Blast Cleaning Service? Want to restore an antique iron bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Where can you get the cheapest pint of Guinness in the city now? Woodquay prices have been drifting up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Where can you get the cheapest pint of Guinness in the city now? Woodquay prices have been drifting up.

I think kennedys and fibbers do an offer Monday to thursday

Barr an chaladh was four euro recently

Cookes thatch bar did three for twelve recently enough too.

Mcswiggans used to have some sort of offer but it's an age since I was last there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm looking for someone to put up a garden fence (4ft high 60 ft long)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

mailburner wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone to put up a garden fence (4ft high 60 ft long)
    This is worse than those "No guys under 6ft" tinder profiles. I'm getting really tired of all this needless body-shaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Chicken wire or similar to keep a small puppy out of neighbours garden. 110 feet of it.

Quote I got was €99 for 98 foot (30m) but this is 90cm tall, shorter height would do me & they only sell in 30m rolls.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Ladies hairdresser for good age reducing cuts and some highlights, tho not madly expensive, anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    Chicken wire or similar to keep a small puppy out of neighbours garden. 110 feet of it.

Quote I got was €99 for 98 foot (30m) but this is 90cm tall, shorter height would do me & they only sell in 30m rolls.

Thanks,
    Pa.

For this online at Screwfix for €28, couldn't argue with that

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ladies hairdresser for good age reducing cuts and some highlights, tho not madly expensive, anyone have any suggestions?

Try Mary Sherry on Henry street

Advertisement