Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Elverys closed for renervations today, speaking to one of the workers, they are extending into the old HMV unit to reopen as Elverys/SportsWorld, work also going on in there. Sometime in May I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Elverys closed for renervations today, speaking to one of the workers, they are extending into the old HMV unit to reopen as Elverys/SportsWorld, work also going on in there. Sometime in May I think.

Is Sports World the one currently upstairs in Heatons?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Is Sports World the one currently upstairs in Heatons?
    That's Sports Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

But known ast sports world here in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

sligono1 wrote: »
    But known as sports world here in Ireland

....So the shop above Heatons is moving in beside/with Elverys??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

EmptyTree wrote: »
    ....So the shop above Heatons is moving in beside/with Elverys??

No, Elvery's are expanding into the HMV unit, no idea where they got sports world from, different store altogether. Bit of a waste if you ask me, it looks as if the unit they have is big enough for what they stock, unless they plan to stock more fitness equipment. They don't even sell cycling gear!

They have a huge store in dundrum perhaps there going for somthing like that

They have a huge store in dundrum perhaps there going for somthing like that

Does it stock a wider range of products?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Reopened, had a wee gander today. Wasn't clear if the upstairs was open. Liked the one large section just for running shoes and apperal.

• Advertisement

Zero Gravity skate park officially opened it's doors today, over a couple of doors down from Flanagan cycles in Cleveragh business park, popped in not long after 11 to have a look and Neville took time out to chat to me about the setup etc, there was a good few kids hanging out there already, and a good buzz about the place, I have to say fair play to him for trying something completely different and I hope it works out, great spot for kids to rip it up in safer surroundings than the towns streets, especially with the pedestrians about during the weekends etc, indoors so nice and dry, anything that gets them away from a TV for a few hours can't be a bad thing!

https://www.facebook.com/zerogravityskateparksligo?fref=ts

http://zerogravityskateparksligo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Vlove wrote: »

Good news at last!! Hope it is the first new jobs of many in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great news! Is the gym/pool going to be opened too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DenMan wrote: »
    Great news! Is the gym/pool going to be opened too?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

shanec1928 wrote: »
    No

Ah, shame. They used to have a nice pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

shanec1928 wrote: »
    No

Ah pity! It was a nice pool they had. They also had a steam room or a sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Good news indeed, I always liked The Mill Bar too, nice layout and and a few cubby holes for a private group. They used to do top notch food so hopefully something similar will happen. It's under the watchful eye of Joe Grogan (ex Hargadons) so no better man for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Any word on the Bella Vista renovation?

I now hear its going to be a (franchised?) pub/steak house and not specifically, (maybe not at all), a music pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Kettleson wrote: »

I now hear its going to be a (franchised?) pub/steak house and not specifically, (maybe not at all), a music pub.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95304612&postcount=1272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Did they pull parking spaces out of nowhere? From what I remember that was a big contribution to it closing down. Must be expecting a lot of foot traffic!

Never thought of thT where do you park?? Abby street I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Never thought of thT where do you park?? Abby street I guess

Council car park. Would be the closest I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Opening Monday 18th. Going to be music orientated and restaurant upstairs. Huge work being put into it so looking forward to seeing it. The only thing I'm worried about is if it's all craft beers. Some are lovely, some are meh. I think they are leaving Guinness and Heineken in but I suppose only time will tell whether the all craft market will be suitable longterm. Sure we'll have to sample everything just to be sure to be sure.

What franchise is it part of,Wetherspoons? Hope they stock John Smith's Bitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

https://twitter.com/drafthousesligo

New restaurant Knox opening on O'Connell Street too..

https://www.facebook.com/KnoxSligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Basq wrote: »
    New restaurant Knox opening on O'Connell Street too..

https://www.facebook.com/KnoxSligo

Best of luck to whoever is behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Plazaman wrote: »
    Opening Monday 18th. Going to be music orientated and restaurant upstairs. Huge work being put into it so looking forward to seeing it. The only thing I'm worried about is if it's all craft beers. Some are lovely, some are meh. I think they are leaving Guinness and Heineken in but I suppose only time will tell whether the all craft market will be suitable longterm. Sure we'll have to sample everything just to be sure to be sure.

Yesh, I have booked 3 days off work following its opening. My dedication is rarely appreciated.

• Advertisement

Is there a listing of their Craft beers available?

Advertisement