Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Driver claims I put dent in his car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Just saying what my friend said. I wasn't a drunken mess who was ready to fight anything in front of me which is what you are trying to portray and the poor taxi driver was at the end of my drunk and disorderly outburst. My friends get annoyed by me thinking I'm Spanish but the taxi driver was not aware of this so I don't know why he got so emotive about it? I wasn't being obnoxious to him, I was just being a plonker who thinks he's Spanish but hardly that serious.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

BTW you dont have to kick a car to put a dent in it, forcing a door beyond it's design limits will also result in damage. Not saying that's what you did, because to be honest I have my doubts about a taxi driver allowing you back in twice let alone three times! So have my doubts about the ENTIRE story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

:rolleyes:

What does this even mean ffs!

Spook_ie wrote: »
    BTW you dont have to kick a car to put a dent in it, forcing a door beyond it's design limits will also result in damage. Not saying that's what you did, because to be honest I have my doubts about a taxi driver allowing you back in twice let alone three times! So have my doubts about the ENTIRE story

No we only were allowed back in once, when he first kicked us out, the second time got out on my terms. He was content to bully me for the duration of the trip and get his fare. I wasn't standing for it, and asked to be let out. Not sure why I'd make it up. Honestly, you had to be in the taxi, normally when on a night out I'll be like 'Hola, Que tal' and the driver will have a laugh. I wasn't doing it out of malice.
    Honestly. I'd say if it was, because at end of day he can't do anything about an asshole customer except for blacklist or refuse a fare in future(which is certainly no issue with me). The issue is not whether he was right to kick us out, if I should report him(I have a lot of independent sources who think I should report him for his behavior and the language that he used against me(I will say this to him if he calls) but that he has accused me of damaging his door which I know I did not do.
    I just want advice based on the premise that I'm being completely honest and the driver escalated the situation. It was stupid to get back into the taxi again after initially telling us to get out, but unsure why he then allowed us back in but yet made no effort to calm the situation and immediately launched into a personal attack against me. My Spanish was in good nature, it only be annoying for the fact he couldn't understand me and maybe thought I was Spanish and was making fun of him, hence he felt uneasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

I doubt it was the Spanish he had an issue with, more the fact that he had a drunken young lad taking the piss in his car. By your own admission you were out of order and even your friends were annoyed by you.

My advice is to chalk it down to experience. Drink less in future if you can’t be civilised to a man doing his job. He is not there to entertain you, he is not there to laugh at your hilarious Spanish banter, he is there to get you from A to B safely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I think you're going to have to put it down to six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The taxi driver is human, he's not going to tolerate people acting the maggot even if his obligations say he should have some threshold. Any mornings I wake up having had a bad experience with a taxi driver I usually blame myself, even if I feel the driver could have dealt with things a bit better.

You and your friends together should be able to stave off his claims about the dent, it might be hassle to deal with him but I wouldn't lose sleep over it. If he does pursue it he wont be coming out of it looking good - total waste of time.

Taking the piss? No I'm not buying that. Speak in Spanish is just something I do. My sister says he always does it with French on a night out and never any problem. However I'll admit as soon as I seen sign that this guy wasn't the type of taxi driver for a bit of banter, I should have cut it out. After that moment, I was being a plonker(although it was more to annoy my friends who were telling me stop(the issue for them me thinking i'm spanish as opposed to how i acted towards the driver in the car) My intentions weren't to be spite him or to wind him up that's for certain. I just like speaking Spanish ha

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Taking the piss? No I'm not buying that.

In fairness now :) ...
    "a bit drunk I was being a bit annoying"

I've driven a car with a few tipsy heads in the back seat acting the fool... not a fun thing when you're stone cold sober and trying to concentrate on the road (and that's with people I know). A taxi driver after a long hard day... you get the picture.
    "I was just tryna have fun(altho on my terms sure)"

There's your problem. Your terms and drink don't work very well together! :)

You call him and asshole and scumbag, of course he'll react as he did. He's only human :)

You know who this guy is through friends right? Why not get in touch, apologise for acting the maggot in the car, chalk it down to experience and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

I disagree that he should contact the driver. Forget about it. Have nothing to do with the guy. OP probably was drunk and annoying, but driver sounds like a real arsehole. Storm in a teacup that will blow over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I swear I got out of the car and skipped away, negating any possibility of me kicking his car
    Looks like you have a bit of form when it comes to using taxis.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439111&postcount=1
    EdenHazard wrote:
    what do you think would happen? taxi thread made me think of this. ive been chased a few times but never been caught, but ive wondered just what the **** would happen if i was. cant imagine they'd go easy, suppose thats the adrenaline rush
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439290&postcount=9
    EdenHazard wrote:
    closest i came was i did a legger in my estate down long stretch of road, anyway your man tears after me in a car, so im like ****, hide under a hedge your man gets out and is literally just standing above me but never looks down for what reason i dunno, big black lad as well he'd have eat me for breakfast
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439437&postcount=18
    EdenHazard wrote:
    i always take my battery out just before i get in a taxi and always bring out a bad phone, the scummiest thing i did was probably take the 14 quid two girls we got taxi home with had given and done a legger with that...its a nackery thing to do but its a matter of percentages....

I'll side with the taxi driver on this occasion, if that's all right with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Just forget about it. He was a dick but its not worth the hassle. If he comes hassling you ask for his details and get his licence revoked and reported to the gardai. Otherwise forget about it.

Peppa Pig wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439290&postcount=9http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439437&postcount=18

Bad bad crack from me(weird u looked this all up tho).Exaggeration, but did it once. Bad out. Someones living and I was a nacker to do that. I hold my hands up. Actually feel bad(and I should) thinking about it. Young and foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I think you should quit now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Bad bad crack from me(weird u looked this all up tho).Exaggeration, but did it once. Bad out. Someones living and I was a nacker to do that. I hold my hands up. Actually feel bad(and I should) thinking about it. Young and foolish.

As Steph and others have said ,you should quit now .
    The posts/threads showing your past are quite revealing and shows what kind of person you really are .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't even bother OP, Gardai are alot more likely to side with the taxi driver over someone who has admitted being drunk at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Peppa Pig wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439290&postcount=9http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75439437&postcount=18

Game over, would appear you make a habit of being a scumbag in your search for a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If speaking Spanish in jest is grounds for taxi drivers handing out digs to their customers than Jesus F'ing Christ!

It sounds like it wasnt the Spanish language that he had an issue with but the way that you were doing it just to wind him up. You were being disrespectful for cheap laughs with your mates at the taxi driver's expense. You may have been that one idiot too many that he had to put up with that night and just had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Listen!!!! He told me to get out of the country basically, I think I was within my right to call him an asshole!!!!! Seriously stop being so ignorant. I honestly think you're trolling.

Now this has me thinking that all this may be a bit of a spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Snared!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please don't feed the troll.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement