Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Mavic Air

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

A quick range test from yesterday. Beautiful day for flying..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

tedpan wrote: »
    A quick range test from yesterday. Beautiful day for flying..
    Very nice, did the mavic signal just cut there?

Nice to see you post again, not seen in a while was worried :)

jogdish wrote:
    Very nice, did the mavic signal just cut there?

Yep, just over the little rocky island. It lost connection for about 5 seconds and went into RTH mode.

Still here but the weather has been all over the place recently, so glad I charged a few batteries :)

Yep, just over the little rocky island. It lost connection for about 5 seconds and went into RTH mode.

Still here but the weather has been all over the place recently, so glad I charged a few batteries :)
    Good stuff, my record range was 4km.

jogdish wrote:

Nice, I got similar distances with the Mi Drone. 2Km seems to be my max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

jogdish wrote: »

4km wow,
    which wifi band did you use, 2.4 or 5GHz ?

4km wow,
    which wifi band did you use, 2.4 or 5GHz ?

ehhh don't want to admit to criminal offenses :)

ehhh don't want to admit to criminal offenses :)

FCC 'hack' isnt illegal as both frequencies are used in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

FCC 'hack' isnt illegal as both frequencies are used in here :)

The power that's used to transmit is the issue :P

theothernt wrote: »
    The power that's used to transmit is the issue :P

possibly :)

• Advertisement

Congrats to Tedpan only seeing you are a mod now! hopefully this thread might still have use for any Air owners.

jogdish wrote:
    Congrats to Tedpan only seeing you are a mod now! hopefully this thread might still have use for any Air owners.

Cheers man, it's only been a few days, getting used the idea of being a mod!

As droning gets more and more affordable and popular, hopefully so will the discussions and ideas within the forum :)

I hate to admit I've not been air born in many months :( ran out of easy local interesting places to fly :(

jogdish wrote:
    I hate to admit I've not been air born in many months ran out of easy local interesting places to fly

Yeah, it sometimes seems like a chore to bring the drone out, but once I get it in the air there's always a smile on my face. I didn't do much travelling last year, hopefully will get to fly in some new places soon. I get your point, need to get away and find some other sites to enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Great to find this forum, I'm mad to get into some droning to bring along on walks. The missus says I have to off load a lot of Angling stuff before buying but will keep an eye in here until that works out, Happy Droning lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cheers man, it's only been a few days, getting used the idea of being a mod!

As droning gets more and more affordable and popular, hopefully so will the discussions and ideas within the forum :)

Can I make a suggestion for a general chat thread. Buying, Selling, Cool shots, Crashing that kind of thing.

I bought a Holy Stone HS720 as it was on offer on Amazon about 20 minutes ago but got cold feet and cancelled soon after. Would be great to just bounce it off a general thread rather than starting a new thread for every random thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A general drone chat thread would do the trick. If things get too busy going forward, easy to separate buying/selling/recommendation type stuff to another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone get the Mavic Mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mavic Air 2 announcement Thursday.

https://dronedj.com/2020/04/20/everything-we-know-about-dji-mavic-air-2/

Lackluster specs and really there is no need for. Plenty in the DJI range already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Ocusync and 33 minute battery sounds amazing- also much better phone placement and a fixed focus lens...
    Sounds great!

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Impressive web site page detailing everything is just up - looks really amazing but €1050 for the combo is kinda on the pricey side...

https://www.dji.com/ie/mavic-air-2

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Impressive web site page detailing everything is just up - looks really amazing but €1050 for the combo is kinda on the pricey side...

https://www.dji.com/ie/mavic-air-2

Honestly not that shocked at the price, phones cost as much these days (yes yes you can always get cheaper), but for the combo you get the batteries, ND filters and it has Occu sync and decent camera sensor with native HDR for stills.

Tempted to sell mine, OG mavic Air - which is half me asking is anyone interested ? (sorry if thats not in keeping with the rules )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So the air 2 looks a lot less bulky than the original, wondering if that might make the 2 a bit less unstable in windier weather?

Edit: nvm just saw its actually 140g heavier, interesting

Honestly not that shocked at the price,

Just in comparison to the previous Air - wont mention historic prices as thats unfair, but you often could get them at a very good price if you waited.

The inclusion of ND filters will really annoy some retailers out there as its one of the few accessories DJI never included that they could sell to dji folk :)

Tempted to sell on one of my drones too, to make space in the stable...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:

Think it's a fair price, similar to the first one with fly more combo. With all the new features, it really devalues our old trusty Airs though. I looked on eBay, the fly more combos seem to going for around 600GBP which I think isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I wonder how loud the props are, was one of the reasons I didnt go with the Mavic Air originally.

Also, is that saying the range is 10km? Thats hardly right or realistic

BKWDR wrote:
    I wonder how loud the props are, was one of the reasons I didnt go with the Mavic Air originally.

Apparently it's much quieter, but still has a buzz.
    BKWDR wrote:
    Also, is that saying the range is 10km? Thats hardly right or realistic

8KMs is what I read. Definitely realistic with occusync, but highly illegal at the same time.

Apparently it's much quieter, but still has a buzz.

8KMs is what I read. Definitely realistic with occusync, but highly illegal at the same time.

I don't know how people send their drones out that far.. I do cack it when it gets a fair bit away

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    I don't know how people send their drones out that far.. I do cack it when it gets a fair bit away

It's a bit like the naught to sixty in a car, few care about that actual speed jump its more a power measure for overtaking starting off.
    The high KM range to me means, it will be a rock solid connection for any reasonable line of sight.

Advertisement