Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Log cabin

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I understand this, that’s the point I was making.

But I’m still puzzled why :confused:........these log houses are no more flammable than any house , the wood is treated , it would be like trying to set fire to an ash tree with a match. Surely at the rate the world is advancing , increased demand, and rapid changes and improvements in building materials (including wood )a product could be made that would comply with planning in Ireland ?

There are lots of us who’d be interested in a log house/cabin as an option, single people, couples starting off, older people trading down etc etc.

Would you consider doing a bit of research into the statements you are making please.
    As it sounds like your a rep for the company you spoke to.

They are selling you a product! They acknowledge it’s a shed.

Also would you have a read if the forum charter re naming companies. Thanks

BryanF wrote: »
    Would you consider doing a bit of research into the statements you are making please.
    As it sounds like your a rep for the company you spoke to.

They are selling you a product! They acknowledge it’s a shed.

Also would you have a read if the forum charter re naming companies. Thanks

I’m definitely not a rep for the company.
    I researched probably every company in Ireland doing them and the only ones with serious quality and craftsmanship was the aforementioned. They didn’t acknowledge it was a ‘shed’. Not to me anyway ? They call them cabins and houses depending on style/ model. I understand one cannot live in them, does that mean by definition they are sheds? Dunno :confused:

I’m simply saying I wish there was a product people had the option of buying here in Ireland that was complaint .... I think they’re lovely .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I have an idea in my head.

Could I buy a site, modular home, service the site, get planning permission to live there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Many of These log cabins are the last word in luxury compared to the absolute LEGAL ****h*les going for mad money on daft etc in Dublin ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I have an idea in my head.

Could I buy a site, modular home, service the site, get planning permission to live there?

It would make more sense to buy a site with OPP and proceed from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

A friend of mine built one he’s living there it’s working well, he saved a fortune on rent and by the time it gets ripped down (by the council) at this stage, he’s still up. But anyway. Next subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Are canal boats legal to live in?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Last few posts are off topic , thread going round in the circles. Thread closed. Contact the mods if required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement