Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian O'Driscoll at Wimbledon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why would one of the best rugby players in Europe in the past 2 decades need to desperately self promote!

What next, I'm A Celebrity!

And so what if he is trying to build a media profile? It's hardly TOWIE stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Fancied watching a superior sport I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Why would one of the best rugby players in Europe in the past 2 decades need to desperately self promote!

What next, I'm A Celebrity!

And so what if he is trying to build a media profile? It's hardly TOWIE stuff

The answer to your first question is to make money of course.

I have a new game to play on BOARDS

"SPOT THE BOD"

OP has 10 points and leads after his brilliant Bodservation today!

bobbyss wrote: »
    The answer to your first question is to make money of course.

Selfish swine. And children dying in Africa. Always knew he was a money obsessed d*ck whow only got into rugby to promote himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Holy ****!

Any updates on this?

KungPao wrote: »
    Holy ****!

Any updates on this?

I'm waiting with boding breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Y'all know me, still the same ol' G, but I been low-key,
    Hated on by most these niggas with no cheese, no deals and no G's,
    No wheels and no keys, no boats no snowmobiles and no skis,
    Mad at me 'cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries,
    -Dr. Dre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Lt Dan wrote:
    Liam Brady, Johnny Giles (okay, enough from Eamonn) Roy Keane (depending on how you hate United and can't get over Saipan), Paul McGrath, in some circles Packie Bonner, Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne, Ray Houghton, for people of a vintage era Jackie Carrey

Most of those are from a long long time ago to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Selfish swine. And children dying in Africa. Always knew he was a money obsessed d*ck whow only got into rugby to promote himself.

You did ask and I am only offering my opinion.

I don't think he is money obsessed.
    I don't think he is a d1ck.

I think he is very clever, amiable and overall a nice guy.

But I compare rugby players to football players and the sacrifices both put in to have a successful career. Obviously the footballers have more money and are basically set up for life even coming from the Championship whereas rugby players who want to continue in the spotlight and be famous post rugby have a lot of hard miles to put in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

bobbyss wrote: »
    Our Brian gets around doesn't he? I didn't think he was that much into tennis. Close by was some royal or other. Hmm ...

Mr. Huberman goes to Wimbledon.... Hmm.... Slow day at Bobbyss's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I absolutely cannot stand him.undoubtably had an amazing life but comes across as smug,boring and insincere.one of a few famous people i'd have zero interest in ever meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

smurgen wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot stand him.undoubtably had an amazing life but comes across as smug,boring and insincere.one of a few famous people i'd have zero interest in ever meeting.

Shame. He always speaks so highly of you...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have a new game to play on BOARDS

"SPOT THE BOD"

OP has 10 points and leads after his brilliant Bodservation today!

bod.jpg

What do I win?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

A person goes to Wimbledon to watch tennis.

Shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

He's an Irish living legend. People will be watching clips of him playing for Ireland/Leinster a hundred years from now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Jesus I was always creeped out by Bod as a kid
    It's terrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He was a fantastic rugby player, probably our best ever. Indeed a living legend.

The fact that he wants to go watch Wimbledon is up to him, not bothering me.

But the fact that the Indo is trying to turn him and his wife into the Irish Posh & Becks is slightly annoying. I am sure they like having their photo in the papers, after all he has a career now to find, and maybe being a celeb is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Gets into Tardis ... back to the men's final of 1980.
    Borg in action. Lady Di & Fergie in the Royal box!

New balls please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

murpho999 wrote: »

Sergio getting great mileage out of his green jacket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This thread is hilarious, yet toxic.

He gets an invitation to go to Wimbledon on the first Saturday. A day where famous sports people occupy the royal box. People like David Beckham, Sergio Garcia and himself were present today.

The thread then moves to conspiracies to boosting his profille, to boosting his wife's profile, to his wife's ability as an actor.

He got invited to go to Wimbledon, he and his fair maiden had a lovely time. The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

This thread is hilarious, yet toxic.

He gets an invitation to go to Wimbledon on the first Saturday. A day where famous sports people occupy the royal box. People like David Beckham, Sergio Garcia and himself were present today.

The thread then moves to conspiracies to boosting his profille, to boosting his wife's profile, to his wife's ability as an actor.

He got invited to go to Wimbledon, he and his fair maiden had a lovely time. The end.

Hmmmmm......the conspiracy is straightforward.....Wimbledon invited him to attend on a day when the Lions were playing......I'm guessing they thought there'd be zero PR value in having one of only 3 players who played 4 times for the Lions and an ex-captain of the team there on that day of all days??

.......and of course it was 'coincidence' Dan Carter was there too?

That's about the extent of the conspiracy - someone is just bloody good at doing PR.....but of course in Ireland certain groups have to see the hand of perfidious Albion in everything :rolleyes:

.....all the other 'conspiracies' are just......over-fertile imaginations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

LordSutch wrote: »
    Gets into Tardis ... back to the men's final of 1980.
    Borg in action. Lady Di & Fergie in the Royal box!

New balls please.

What a racket!!!

Doesn't O'Driscoll have a sponsorship deal with HSBC, likewise Carter has one with Softco. They would have been given top end Wimbledon tickets.
    You are offered something, you take them. He brought his wife to what is a social event at a historic setting, sporting wise.

The man is a VERY wealthy man, earns circa 4 million a year on average and that is post retirement. There is no desparation to attend these events, no doubt to build a profile. Likewise with Dan Carter.
    Do people have to avoid these events once they become "famous" for fear for judgment cast!

This is a bizarre thread, one of the funniest thread titles in a while!

Being judged for choosing to decide against travelling across the world with children to watch a match that is accessible on tv which he obviously f*cking watched is mental logic!

Oh, and as we all know, he has a habit of missing the final test anyway, so why break that tradition!

Advertisement