Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian O'Driscoll at Wimbledon

Options
  • 08-07-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Our Brian gets around doesn't he? I didn't think he was that much into tennis. Close by was some royal or other. Hmm ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Person goes to Wimbledon shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭kevinkilbane

Couldnt give two fuks. Cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭blade1

FFS, you'd swear he was playing or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

All part of a carefully constructed plan to boost his profile in the UK I suspect. Though most Irish people would recognise him I'd imagine very few outside rugby circles across the water would have a clue who he is.

Possibly a freebie or an arranged trip from one of his many sponsors.

Or he could just really like tennis.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He's been a few times in previous years, fair play if he enjoys it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sports personality enjoys watching a different sport than the one he played

Who'da thunk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Nearly sure he's been there before and if he can afford it, to get in the fancy box, why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Dont know why he is sitting near some royal, is he too good to slum it with the ordinary crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I hear pat Kenny was spotted taking a sht at the red cow roundabout.

Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

All part of a carefully constructed plan to boost his profile in the UK I suspect. Though most Irish people would recognise him I'd imagine very few outside rugby circles across the water would have a clue who he is.

Possibly a freebie or an arranged trip from one of his many sponsors.

Or he could just really like tennis.

Yeah I agree with that.
    Most sports commentators would be able to point him out to the viewers. He may indeed like tennis, who knows. I don't know if he has a manager type person advising him on engagements but a shrewd move indeed.

Bob Geldof, Wogan (I think) became OBEs or Sirs or whatever so I would imagine if he keeps doing his bit he may well be next in line. Nothing to stop him accepting a knighthood and best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Who?

Brian O'Driscoll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Id say its an attempt to help his wifes "acting" career

Id say its an attempt to help his wifes "acting" career

Yeah I think that's a fair point.

Now that I think of it she also has a ... eh ... writing career. She is, I understand a published ... eh ... author.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭TheDavester

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yeah I think that's a fair point.

Now that I think of it she also has a ... eh ... writing career. She is, I understand a published ... eh ... author.

Think it was proven she places her name on it while someone else/a no name author writes it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Slow news day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,146 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Someone actually went to watch tennis in South London...?!

Shiiiit.

Ruby forum, tennis forum, celeb and self-important ****wit forum even a uk forum - and you post here?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Shiiiit.

Ruby forum, tennis forum, celeb and self-important ****wit forum even a uk forum - and you post here?

What's a ruby forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,146 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's a ruby forum?

A place for men to discuss each others' jewels.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Shiiiit.

Nonsense Princcess C.

The forum has topics on religion, pensions and so on and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

greencap wrote: »
    I hear pat Kenny was spotted taking a sht at the red cow roundabout.

Hmmmm.

Do you know if he was on the stout the night before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

You cannot be serious OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apparently, he's playing Conor McGregor and Henry Shefflin in the ladies final.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This actually made news in the indo.

This used to be a quality paper but has now become a rag that is also obsessed with Amy Huberman.

They are trying to make this couple out to be the darlings of Ireland,, like a royal family that everyone in Ireland is obsessed with when the truth is that nobody gives a sh1te.

Apologies in advance for posting this link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Who?

Brian O'Driscoll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

Lots of people enjoy watching tennis. What's the big deal? I'd love to go to Wimbledon. My friend and I toyed with getting in the cancellation line one year but as it's London and as hot as the devil's armpit in summertime, we just couldn't hack it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

What's a ruby forum?

FFS. You know what a forum is.

murpho999 wrote:
    They are trying to make this couple out to be the darlings of Ireland,, likea royal family that everyone in Ireland is obsessed with when the truth is that nobody gives a sh1te.

murpho999 wrote:
    This used to be a quality paper but has now become a rag that is also obsessed with Amy Huberman.

murpho999 wrote:
    This actually made news in the indo.

Yeah. He was a great I have to say. Does a lot with BT sports. I would almost say he is based in the UK at this stage but of that I am not sure. She is about as average an actress as they come. I never knew he frequented Wimbeldon at all. Still, keeping himself in the British spotlight is no bad thing for his future prospects in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh catch yourself on OP. Someone known to the public goes to watch the tennis. Big deal. David Beckham was there yesterday. The TV will show known names in the crowd. It's hardly earth shattering, career building, or attention seeking. They just went to watch the tennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah. He was a great I have to say. Does a lot with BT sports. I would almost say he is based in the UK at this stage but of that I am not sure. She is about as average an actress as they come. I never knew he frequented Wimbeldon at all. Still, keeping himself in the British spotlight is no bad thing for his future prospects in the media.

No,he is not based in the UK and is on Newstalk regularly.

Search the indo and you can read all about their travails in buying a house in Dublin and getting planning permission for an extension.

Advertisement