Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Happy birthday @corklass@Cork Lass have a good one. Happy Rudolph Day everyone

Child's christening today. I'll be in a church today so I suppose that's Christmassy 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Happy Birthday to @Cork Lass and Happy Christening to little @Smell the glove

Just Happy Rudolph day to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, I had a great birthday and to finish it off I am heading to Dungarvan tomorrow to have lunch in The Tannery - really looking forward to it 😀.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I did the weekly shop in Dunnes yesterday and it was so busy in there it felt like Christmas!

So I guess I did end up doing something Christmassy on Rudolph day 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭BK5

Will get a turkey in for the dinner on Easter Sunday, maybe a small ham as well. Along with the stuffing and the roasties it will be a Christmas dinner on the day in two weeks 😄

We said something similar, went early on Saturday morning and it was rammed, we commented to the girl on the till that it was something like christmas.

We always do our shop at that time to work around matches we have on Saturdays and that's the busiest its been in a long time.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same here, definitely the busiest it's been in a long long time.

Wee reminder that we have Rudolph day no.4 for 2023 tomorrow. Anyone doing anything to mark the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its my eldest's 15th birthday, I feel old AF.

• Advertisement

Don't sweat it - my oldest is 28 😂.

@DvB - thanks for the reminder, I had completely forgotten it. Must take a mince pie out of the freezer in the morning.

4 of 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Can't wait till Christmas podcast will be on in the car when I'm collecting the little elf from school.

My eldest will be 18 in Dec, I feel you on the old AF

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Rudolph Day ♥️♥️ I’m wearing Christmas socks today 👍

Wore christmas socks to site today & had an orange & cranberry scone with my coffee when I stopped on the drive home this afternoon... that'll have to do for April!!

Hate to be the bringer of bad news on Rudolph Day but Harry Belafonte has died today. Mary's Boy Child is a Christmas classic. RIP Harry.

My oldest is 28 as well. 🙂

Happy belated Rudolph to everyone.

Rudolph Day 5 of 11 rocking around again this week (Thursday) anyone any plans to mark it? or like myself finding it difficult to really think of Christmas as we enter our summer period.

Oddly enough I started thinking about Christmas eve yesterday while out on a walk as I knew Christmas eve falls on a Sunday this year. This Thursday I'll have a scroll online and see is there is anything Christmas related I can pick up for a bargain.

5 of 11 for 2023, next one is the mid way point!!

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

Looks like a nice day so far so not sure how I'll mark it. Hope everyone has a good one.

Happy RUdolph day every one, we'll be throwing Ruddy on the barbie tonight if this sun keeps shining!!

Happy Rudolf day everyone - it's mince pie day for me again 😎.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

Post edited by Cork Lass on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everyone had a good day! Bring on the weekend and the sunshine now please. 😁 ☀️

Quick heads up that Rudolph day no.6 for the year is this coming Sunday, its the middle one in the year so after Sunday/Monday we're over the crest of the hill and on the downward slope to Christmas.

Thanks for the head's up. It's just made me realise that I am 50 and a half today, as you can see I'm very mature for my age. 😃

Only thing is I'll be nearer 51 than 50 tomorrow 😮

Just heading to bed after having a few beers and realised what a big day in the calendar tomorrow is for us Elves, a real milestone in the year.

Night night and a very Happy Rudolph Day to you all. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Rudolph Day!!! I’m wearing my Christmas pjs to bed tonight, have my socks ready for tomorrow and maybe a t-shirt 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Half ways there guys.

I'm hoping to listen to some Christmas music later and I wore Christmas socks to work on Friday and Saturday.

Just a while ago it got very dark and we had a heavy shower but it felt like an Autumn evening in October.

It was tempting to light the fire.

Advertisement