Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I know we're a fortnight or so away from the first Rudolph day of 2024 but had a look at the days they fall on this year.

We have....

2 on Mondays (March & November)

1 on a Tuesday (June)

1 on a Wednesday (September)

3 on Thurdays (January, April & July )

1 on a Friday (October)

1 on a Saturday (May)

and 2 on Sundays (February & August)

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only one Saturday one this year, sad times.

Sundays are a good day as well I guess.

I use to joke in work that Jan 25th should be a festival for eating all remaining treats in the house while watching Christmas Movies you didn't get a chance to watch over Christmas, I dubbed it "Electric Treatmas" (trademark pending) 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I always have such good intentions to mark Rudolph Day every month but generally by April, it has fallen by the way side :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I've just gone to bed after watching a chridstmas movie I hadn't got round to watching and feasting on celebrations.

To be fair I had just suffered through little elf's birthday party at a trampoline park....

Just a quick heads up that we have Rudolph Day 1 of 11 for 2024 tomorrow.

Anyone anything Christmas related planned?

I rarely do anything for the January one being honest as we're barely out of season so may stretch to wearing Christmas socks or suchlike just to mark it.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doing a bit of shopping tomorrow so I guess that’s kinda Christmassy. I’ll defo will listen to a Christmas podcast or two tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

Maybe the canteen in work will have stuffing with the dinner and I'll get a turkey of ham and stuffing sandwich. That's the height of it at the moment though.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! The first and worst one of the year done I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I think myself and the little elf will split the last of the Christmas cake today😁

First one of the year.... we're up & running now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’ve one little mini Christmas pudding left so will have that later with some custard. Happy Rudolf day everyone🎄.

Happy burns day simpsons style 😂

Listened to Merry Christmas Everyone by Shaking Stevens on the request of Elf 1 and we watched Buster the Bus Christmas special on Youtube while getting him ready for bed.

Youtube still bringing the Christmas specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm watching the Virgin River Christmas episodes. There's cheesy drama and a Christmas tree decorating competition. Perfect brainless festive tv.

Might be handy for the rest of the year....

Goes to show how the quick the year goes, we are currently 329 Days to Christmas but by the time 25/10/24 (268 days from now) comes around we'll practically be coming into the season!

Rudolph Day no.2 for 2024 is this coming Sunday, it generally passes me by however as its also the day I get a year older!!

Any plans for Sunday DvB?

My daughter has a match at 2.30 so I'll be bringing her to that, that's about it. No glam at my age 🤣

So true, birthdays mean very little when you start to get up there.

Normally we'd go out for dinner or a few drinks or something but I'm being strict with myself at the moment to lose some of the extra padding I've put on recently so said I'd rather stick with that than indulge so soon into it. Its already working so when I see that happening its all the encouragement I need so missing out on treating myself isn't that big a deal.

Ta for asking btw!

• Advertisement

They always say diet alone is 80/90% of weight loss success. Obviously exercise has a host of other benefits I don’t need to tell you about but the diet will sort that extra padding in no time.

Well done on seeing an improvement already you’re obviously crushing it. It’s not easy my friend so you have my upmost respect.

Probably the wrong thread for this (poor Rudolph!) but as we're here....

100%. Diet is always the single biggest factor. I literally have cut out the snacking (which had been carried over from Christmas!!... ie far too long) & when forced into eating late after getting home from work have reduced portion sizes & gone for greens & proteins & much much lower amounts of carbs. Getting my walking in over the weekend was a huge benefit too, with all our matches postponed having the whole weekend to ourselves was great, managed 18k in walking and already feel better. Will be upping my activity levels in the kids training sessions too, every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Every time this chat lights up with unread messages I always have to check the date, thinking, surely it can't be close to Rudolph Day again!

I love this thread about Rudolph Day, I had never heard of the concept before, how did all of you know about it?

I now drive some people in work nuts telling them about it on the 25th of every month.

Also, my birthday is on the 20th so when the 20th hits of every month I immediately know Rudolph Day is just around the corner and then a new month is just around the corner again. I'm 51 and 2 months old today 😜 (yes I'm very mature for my age)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

That's great to hear. Physical changes like that can do so much for the mind as well.

Happy Rudolph day everyone!

Number 2 of 11.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

Just checked and the next Sunday one is in August.

Have a good day folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolf day everyone, completely forgot about it if I’m honest 😢.

Advertisement