Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭enricoh

What percentage of nigerians are working in ireland according to the last census? 40odd percent iirc. Thats a lotta welfare n social housing
    Now gangs of them going round mugging and robbing
    I think its time we question who's enriching who out of them being here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MFPM wrote: »
    So you state (incorrectly) 'yes and no' and then essentially go one to acknowledge that it is the most widely accepted hypothesis.
    Nothing incorrect about it. Did all the various human species originate from Africa? Currently that seems to be the best fit, though some contend Asia as another point of origin and/or major influence.
    Evolution over historical time of course impacted but the central point remains - 'we're all of African descent.
    We're all of fish descent too. Depends on the scales you're discussing. And nope, not "over historical time" :rolleyes:, far longer than that and even then traits can emerge quite rapidly depending on how heavy the environment selects for them. Blue eyes and blond hair are two examples which are "only" around 20,000 years old, tolerance to gluten and lactose and alcohol are younger again. Pale skin seems to have evolved a few times in a few human species(Neandertals could be pale with lighter hair, but with different genes involved compared to modern populations) and in the current modern Human populations. EG Asians have different pale genes to Europeans(Europeans got the crappier ones). The "we're all from Africa y'know" notion has become more of a sociopolitical belief and is monumentally simplistic.
    If a gang is engaged in public anti social behaviour their colour is utterly irrelevant unless one wishes to try and link the anti social behaviour to their race/ethnicity whiich is of course why many here are discussing the matter including you.

A social group of teenagers engaged in anti social behavior for example? Again colour utterly irrelevant.
    I love how apologists for multiculturalism are just as utterly blinkered when it comes to skin tone. The very reason this thread exists and the views expressed within is entirely down to skin colour. I don't recall any such discussions about Polish or Czech people living here. The very reason this conversation has been had in multicultural societies in Europe and elsewhere has skin colour as a major factor. Tell a Black lad from England or France that his colour is "utterly irrelevant" in how he is viewed by wider society and how he views it in return and watch him break his arse laughing at you. Denying such a major factor in a problem is a sure way to exacerbate it.
    'Idiocy' is of course a matterof opinion. How do you define 'benefit'?
    I'd prefer to hear what benefits you think it brings.
    And then just to prove my point - you link social problems to multi-culturalism - Finglas, North Clondalkin, Cherry Orchard, Ballyfermot, Southhill, Moyross etc, etc - it was all those migrants causing the social problems :rolleyes:
    Nope, I'm afraid not. I've repeatedly stated that all societies have existing social problems with a multitude of causes and that multiculturalism imports extra social problems that didn't exist before. So why import more, why add to existing and long standing and seemingly intractable social problems? Problems where we have the long running examples of every other European nation that has tried to walk this tightrope. This time it'll be different? Somehow the Irish will make it work? And yet here we are...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

The muggings in Clontarf are being covered on Pat Kenny's radio programme just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Call me Al wrote: »
    The muggings in Clontarf are being covered on Pat Kenny's radio programme just now

A 5 minute news report with a lot of info left out. Censorship in the MSM and they wonder why people are buying less papers, getting their news from less reputable sources etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

jay0109 wrote: »
    A 5 minute news report with a lot of info left out. Censorship in the MSM and they wonder why people are buying less papers, getting their news from less reputable sources etc

Who would have thought?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why are we repeating the same mistakes as Britain / France ?

Are we that desperate to fit in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The point being of course it's not being in that context at all, but then you knew that....2/10 for attempted deflection!

Hang on, we're talking about gangs. Physical make up is important when describing same. Also, if you read then first line of my reply, you'd notice that I explicitly said "without regard to anything else". That's the opposite of deflection, but then you knew that. You just wanna cry racism at everything so have at it. 10/10 for being right-on!

Wibbs wrote: »
    We're all of fish descent too. Depends on the scales you're discussing.

Nice wordplay. Bravo.

blinding wrote: »

Sure look. Be grand. Everyone loves the Oirish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

And guess who will be to blame in the coming years when it gets worse and worse? The indigenous Irish of course. And the reality is that it will get much worse, and the Irish sharing these communities will be blamed for their lack of effort.

We will be lectured by the current crop of Zappone-like liberals on how the Irish need to do more to integrate our African communities. They will probably get their own ethnic status and further alienate the Africans whom we gave food/housing/healthcare/education when they supposedly needed it the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour? There's a gang of white, Irish kids going around on bikes, knocking people over and stealing bags/phones in my Dublin 8 neighbourhood and I haven't seen any articles about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

We have more than enough scrotes of our own without having to import more to add to the general mayhem about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭MFPM

Lux23 wrote: »
    Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour? There's a gang of white, Irish kids going around on bikes, knocking people over and stealing bags/phones in my Dublin 8 neighbourhood and I haven't seen any articles about that?

Yeah but Wibbs will be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Appalling crimes, but why are we examining the ethnicity of these kids - what difference does it make if the person who robs or attacks you is a different colour?
    Because their colour could have a bearing on why this kinda thing goes on. EG in the case of White hooligans different reasons are given like lack of parental control, lower socioeconomic status etc. If Black kids are more likely to get up to no good because of how the fact that they are seen as different, have less wider societal support, are less likely to be accepted for jobs or education, less likely to feel part of wider society etc because of their colour then it's a pretty important factor. A Black youth, especially male is going to have a different experience to a White youth from the same area and background. This is a near given and one repeated in this experiment run in other European nations for decades. A straw poll of Black folks living in multicultural societies will be only to happy to tell you they feel this difference. Ignoring this and believing we're all colour blind on all sides seems both extremely naive and counterproductive to me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Yikes!

Just a bunch of Keltic Kangz returning to reclaim the motherland that was stolen by the white divil.

jay0109 wrote: »
    We have more than enough scrotes of our own without having to import more to add to the general mayhem about the place

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime. People are coming to live and work here, a small percentage may be scrotes, but the vast majority contribute positively to our country.

Yeah but Wibbs will be along in a minute to tell you that knocking people over and stealing bags/phones didn't happen before migrants came here and multiculturalism is to blame!
    Again nope. Nil Pointe. You really should try to make better arguments. Attempting to blatantly misrepresent me or anyone else doesn't seem to be working too well for you. You can hope your slithery sideways angle to make some "racist" tag stick to me, but the problem with your tactic is that anyone can read what I've actually written.
    I've repeatedly stated that all societies have existing social problems with a multitude of causes and that multiculturalism imports extra social problems that didn't exist before. So why import more, why add to existing and long standing and seemingly intractable social problems?

Now maybe you can interpret that as me saying that social problems didn't exist before migrants arrived, but if you can, fair play as you've missed your calling as a writer of imaginative fiction.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Because their colour could have a bearing on why this kinda thing goes on. EG in the case of White hooligans different reasons are given like lack of parental control, lower socioeconomic status etc. If Black kids are more likely to get up to no good because of how the fact that they are seen as different, have less wider societal support, are less likely to be accepted for jobs or education, less likely to feel part of wider society etc because of their colour then it's a pretty important factor. A Black youth, especially male is going to have a different experience to a White youth from the same area and background. This is a near given and one repeated in this experiment run in other European nations for decades. A straw poll of Black folks living in multicultural societies will be only to happy to tell you they feel this difference. Ignoring this and believing we're all colour blind on all sides seems both extremely naive and counterproductive to me.

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently. What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime.
    We are importing extra social problems though. Social problems that didn't exist before, because well multiculturalism didn't exist here before. Or do you think the long list of flashpoints all the way up to civil disobedience and riots within multicultural European societies are imaginary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently. What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?

The fact that it always come back to us being the ones who need to fix things is the very problem. It's never on them, and always on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

We are not in America here, "black males" will do fine if they want to in Ireland, it is the "black males"in this case who WANT to be outsiders,
    Why aren't we discussing Chinese males or polish males. It's the culture, not so much the colour of these scrotes is the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No, he won't.
    And most reasonable thinking people will not either.

But way to go to deflect from the issue.

Multiculturalism is here to stay. You're naive to think any differently.
    Oh I'm not so naive. It's been pushed at society from the top down and with bugger all local consultation and any push back is immediately labelled racist. So yep sadly it's the case that this silly political policy is here to saty, though I would tighten up the process of gaining residency here. Significantly.
    What's your solution to ameliorating these differences, and how do we bridge the gap so Black males don't feel like outsiders in our society?
    France tried, the UK tried, Holland tried, Italy tried, Germany tried, Sweden tried. And yet trying isn't enough. I can hardly have the hard neck to suggest solutions for Ireland when so many have tried and failed before.

I would say it's largely doomed to fail, to some degree or other as human nature and the tribalism inherent to human nature are near impossible nuts to crack. Though I would be asking the question why say Asian young men seem to navigate things with far less issue. I would suggest any country who hasn't gone down this rabbit hole to avoid it by cutting it off at the source early on. Ireland didn't, though thankfully the numbers involved are small enough. The Celtic Tiger going wallop helped there. Silver linings and all that.

The fact that it always come back to us being the ones who need to fix things is the very problem. It's never on them, and always on us.
    Indeed. There's an element of White Guilt™ going on. There's also the pervasive multiculturalism is brilliant, "diversity" is ideal stuff at play. There's also - and I'd say it's the bulk of it - the genuine human decency factor going on too. We should treat guests well factor. However if you had guests you welcomed into your house that insisted on being a nuisance you'd show them the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

so your saying white people are better than black people

I think he means that white people are different, not better. For instance, white people tend to have names like Lenny whereas black people tend to veer towards names like Carl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I think he means that white people are different, not better. For instance, white people tend to have names like Lenny whereas black people tend to veer towards names like Carl.
    Also, white people tend to operate an automobile in a fashion which differs considerably to that of their black counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Also, white people tend to operate an automobile in a fashion which differs considerably to that of their black counterparts.

And if you see a black guy dressed all in white and driving a white car, you just KNOW he's stinking rich :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Perhaps they should have sent the Black Immigrants in to the Wealthy Areas for a Change !

Sending them in to poor areas has consistently brought bad results . Ireland should have tried something new like sending then to the Wealthy Areas . We Irish can be very clever sometimes and this is the way to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nonsense, we aren't importing crime. People are coming to live and work here, a small percentage may be scrotes, but the vast majority contribute positively to our country.

Really? Using the wave of African economic migrants who are entering Europe through illegal/reckless means as an example (as opposed to the previous wave of migrants from eastern Europe who DO fit your description), please expand on how thousands of unskilled, penniless people with little or no language skills and no means to support themselves "contribute positively" to our country.

For bonus points, explain how the cultural, religious and behavioral issues they bring with them (many of which are incompatible with life in a secular, liberal, first-world nation) "contribute positively" to our country

Finally, as a follow-on question.. if these people have so much to offer (skills, work-ethic, cultural contributions), explain why they haven't applied to enter and work here through existing immigration channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Perhaps they should have sent the Black Immigrants in to the Wealthy Areas for a Change !

Sending them in to poor areas has consistently brought bad results . Ireland should have tried something new like sending then to the Wealthy Areas . We Irish can be very clever sometimes and this is the way to go .

The Trust Fund babies of Antifa and PBP wouldn't be so quick to chant for open borders and let all the refugees in if they were being sent to their neighborhoods first.

Hell, Varadkar and the Govt members wouldn't be so quick to sign that UN Migration pact next week if all the migrants ended up in their neighborhoods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement