Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-06-2019, 17:14   #16
Lu Tze

Anybody have trouble ordering this on EPIC? Tried two different cards, and both popped up with a message

Looks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been voided and your funds will be returned in 3-5 business days

The charge appeared on the card(s) already
Advertisement
05-06-2019, 18:59   #17
_CreeD_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
Anybody have trouble ordering this on EPIC? Tried two different cards, and both popped up with a message

Looks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been voided and your funds will be returned in 3-5 business days

The charge appeared on the card(s) already
Mine went through fine yesterday buy I used Paypal instead - what if you linked the CC to your Paypal account and used it as an intermediary? I tend to do this whenever possible anyway, the less folks with my CC details the better.
07-06-2019, 15:58   #18
Enfilade

Started this last night, love it. Even the music on the title screen was cool.

Just took my time wandering around played hide and seek, repaired a satellite and finally got my launch code and went to space. Had a slight mishap involving a button which led to me being ejected into space

Even the achievements are interesting. Like there is one for using the scanner thing you have and getting all 4 instruments playing the music lined up. You can hear them on their own from the starting location but in space you can line them all up at once.

EDIT: Did a few more loops didn't really twig what was happening until it happened in front of me Spoiler: sun goes super nova and resets the loop.

Really cool to have these clues presented to you as you worry about remembering them and seeing whats over there before your times runs out.

Theres an area I found on the starting planet that i haven't worked out the significance of yet. I'm sure it will be revealed later.

Last edited by Enfilade; 07-06-2019 at 20:12.
07-06-2019, 23:06   #19
Enfilade

This is the best game I've played in a long while. Something I had no expectations of. Feel guilty having got it free.

Spent the evening exploring Brittle Hollow over and over refusing to move on as I'm convinced there is something I need to see there and still trying to work out how or even if it's possible to get into the central tower.

Few times in my haste to take off and land crash there at the start of the loop I've forgotten my suit
07-06-2019, 23:16   #20
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Brittle Hollow’s by far the densest of the planets in terms of stuff to find, there’s at least four or five pretty major strands to follow there. There’s plenty going on on the other planets, but yeah spent an extra few hours strolling around BH and constantly falling into that black hole while trying crazy jet pack leaps And rest assured you can get everywhere that matters there, Spoiler: just not always at a particular time or place

On the subject of achievements, I’m actually glad they haven’t been implemented on Epic yet, if just for having been able to experience this without distraction. I think discovering some of the particularly cool stuff would have been undermined if it was accompanied by a little achievement ding - obviously I’m still discovering stuff that was planted there on purpose, but there’s a purity to the sense of discovery I think would be lost with the immersion breaking achievement pop.

Last edited by johnny_ultimate; 07-06-2019 at 23:22.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-06-2019, 23:43   #21
Enfilade

ha yeah I fell into the blank hole a few times and then learned how to deal with it , just accept your fate. Spoiler: You can warp back to BH from the space station you end up in front of after exiting the black hole.

The only thing I'm not mad about is the flying, took me a while to catch on to the difference between red and blue when locked on to something and matching velocity. Bit too serious about their gravity were the devs imo

EDIT: Oh yeah it's like they heard your thoughts on achievements and do just that created a list that wouldn't pop just playing the game naturally. There is one for just Spoiler: getting as far away as you can to avoid the explosion where you end up freezing to death and another for Spoiler: knocking the satellite orbiting the home world off course looking at the list I don't think there are any for the story with the exception of doing it in one loop without dying and finding all the ship log entries.

Last edited by Enfilade; 07-06-2019 at 23:57.
08-06-2019, 00:18   #22
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
ha yeah I fell into the blank hole a few times and then learned how to deal with it , just accept your fate. Spoiler: You can warp back to BH from the space station you end up in front of after exiting the black hole.
Presume you’ve found the shortcut Spoiler: to the hanging city near the Brittle Hollow warp point? Super handy to get back to areas that are a bit more time consuming to reach down the other paths.
08-06-2019, 09:51   #23
Enfilade

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_ultimate View Post
Presume you’ve found the shortcut Spoiler: to the hanging city near the Brittle Hollow warp point? Super handy to get back to areas that are a bit more time consuming to reach down the other paths.
No, I don't think I did.

EDIT: My god it's outrageous the amount of stuff this keeps dangling in front of you and this is still the same planet. I've yet to go off and chase down leads on the others yet. Managed to get into the tower and I Spoiler: bored a ship I summoned and set off in that have no idea if i should sit tight or fiddle with the ball controls

Last edited by Enfilade; 08-06-2019 at 10:58.
08-06-2019, 21:54   #24
Enfilade

Soundtrack is up on Spotify now for those interested.
Advertisement
13-06-2019, 20:32   #25
Enfilade

I think I have this worked out finally and have the end in sight, well I nearly did but got Spoiler: eaten by a giant fish in dark bramble. I was on my way there with the Spoiler: warp core which I assume will take me to the end.

I don't mind admitting I had to look up what to do on the QM. Simple when you know how but not at all obvious to me.

The craftsmanship that has gone into making this game is amazing. Everything has a purpose, and in some cases absolute genius. The ash twins and their mechanic being a favorite, having to wait until after a certain time in the loop for something to work or having to get their asap from the start. The scouts photo ability and how that was used later on in the game. Everything is a piece of the larger picture. How the story is told and how it's unravelled is amazing.

I've lost count of the number of loops I went through but I'd say I have about 15-20 hours done. Not once did I feel bored or annoyed that I was waking up and getting in the spaceship for the umpteenth time to start the loop again. Easily one of the best games I've played in a long long time.
(2) thanks from:
17-06-2019, 21:09   #26
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

This is pretty wild - someone finishing the game without using their ship at all (other than to grab the spacesuit). Goes without saying this is spoiler city for how to finish the game, but brilliant testament to how many cool little secrets there are - it’s all just using the gravity quirks and weird mechanisms that are right there in the game.

https://twitter.com/medeasuki/status...929268736?s=21
(3) thanks from:
18-06-2019, 01:04   #27
Enfilade

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_ultimate View Post
This is pretty wild - someone finishing the game without using their ship at all (other than to grab the spacesuit). Goes without saying this is spoiler city for how to finish the game, but brilliant testament to how many cool little secrets there are - it’s all just using the gravity quirks and weird mechanisms that are right there in the game.

https://twitter.com/medeasuki/status...929268736?s=21
There is an achievement for doing it in one loop on a new save. Easy when you know how right? Spoiler: Sit on ash twin for 7 minutes to get the warp core then off to bramble Got Spoiler: eaten by the giant fish a few times by being impatient and didn't realise if you insert the core in the vessel first you get gravity making the final puzzle easier.

Last achievement I need is for getting to the sun station by ship, which if you know how gravity works is f'n challenge. The two times I managed to get the ship wedged in and matching orbit I got thrown around the ship and stuck to the back. Has to be a trick to it by matching velocity but getting to that point is tricky indeed.
23-08-2019, 08:59   #28
Mr.Fantastic

Is there any talk of this coming to ps4?

Or will it be xbox exclusive?
23-08-2019, 10:53   #29
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Is there any talk of this coming to ps4?

Or will it be xbox exclusive?
Nothing in the way of confirmation yet, but the developers have said it will be released on “other platforms” in the future.
Thanks from:
23-08-2019, 10:55   #30
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

I'd say Switch and PS4 a guaranteed eventually. Probably when the Epic exclusivity finishes and whatever deals they had with Microsoft too.

The more people that get to play this game the better, finished it about a month ago and it's brilliant.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion