Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

SAMTALK wrote: »
    When you have to pick up the slack for co-workers who are too stupid to catch on to things

Speaking of co-workers, the young guys behind me have been blathering on about Game of Thrones almost non-stop this morning. I've never watched it, no intention of watching it, and their obsession just drives me up the walls! Can't they at least talk about The Expanse?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    Bad mannered horses. Usually I'm on the way to work by now so don't hear it, but the last couple of weeks I've noticed there are a few door kickers in the yard outside my house.

Do they not know I'm trying to sleep??? :pac:

Cheeky so and so's :3

Ta'd at having to go out in this weather, I love the rain and all but don't want to get soaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Posters in AH being as classy as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

TA at myself that I wandered into the 'What's the etiquette here?' thread and although at times it makes my stomach heave, I can't stop going back because there are some gifted creative writing pieces in it!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA at myself that I wandered into the 'What's the etiquette here?' thread and although at times it makes my stomach heave, I can't stop going back because there are some gifted creative writing pieces in it!

God bless johnnyflash - confronting the most pertinent issues in modern society. :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was sat beside a couple with a young baby on a flight I took over the weekend.
    The baby was the cutest, most well behaved chap ever and all was going well in peaceful harmony, until mammy decided to change his dirty nappy on the fold down trays.
    I was extremely hungover and both the sight and stench had me dry heaving. It was so unhygienic and intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Have a bad feeling about my last two submissions for uni, so to head off any unwanted 'Breda, please resubmit your work' emails, I've
    been checking if the tutors have started their marking yet ,on a daily bases.
    One is still saying its awaiting marking and the other says marks will be posted shortly(shortly for here could be tom(unlikely) or next year)

Now I wish I didn't know any of that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One of the lads just swung by desk to say one of my tyres is flat as a pancake *Dawson crying face*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    One of the lads just swung by desk to say one of my tyres is flat as a pancake *Dawson crying face*

Sounds like they slashed your tyre :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

One of my eyes is a bit swollen, annoying feeling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

people paying with card for coffee in petrol station's fumbling around holding up the whole garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sounds like they slashed your tyre :P

"I'm the tyre slasher
    Twisted tyre slasher.."

An assh*le I went to school with just posted a full synopsis of the new episode of Game of Thrones on fb, complete with spoilers.
    Some of us have jobs to get up for in the morning and couldn't stay awake till 2am to watch last night.

People who do stuff like that are **** of the highest order. I'm actually raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Postman, please stop folding my envelopes - thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Postman, please stop folding my envelopes - thanks

Oh my god, my postman is doing this too and it really annoys me!
    Last week he folded a clearly marked official letter that contained the log book for my car. There's nothing behind the letter box making it difficult to open, he just seems to be in the habit of folding over letters to push them through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Somebody who visits my job and comes in the door, mid mobile conversation on speaker. Holding out in front of them. Can people not take calls putting the phone up to their ears anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Mr Ahmad turns into the biggest pain in the ass client...calling every fcuking day demanding x, y and z.

Matter completes. Do you think he was as on it when it came paying his invoice? Ah hell no....after the 28 day were up sent up we sent him a snotty debt collection letter.

Oh...that got your attention and now you're giving it loads about being a good client for years. No you are not- a few ****ty poxy little matters. Nothing worth talking about.

Well all I will say is: "Fcuk you. Good clients pay their invoices in time. So I would be delighted never to see you again."

You wouldn't mind but in this instance the tenant paid you our costs so you had it already and didn't have to put your hand in your pocket.

Yeah I accept my predecessor was a pussy when it came to billing but there is a new sheriff in town and I'm cleaning out the rubbish clients of this world- you Mr Ahmad are on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Some of us have jobs to get up for in the morning and couldn't stay awake till 2am to watch last night.

People who do stuff like that are **** of the highest order. I'm actually raging.

I got up at 2am to watch it despite being in work today (and have hit the wall big time as a result) but would never in a million years post about it. You shouldn't have to, but it really is safer to just avoid the internet altogether until you watch a big show you're invested in. Although I memorably once managed to spoil Orange is the New Black *on myself* by reading a synopsis of the series I was about to start instead of the previous one I meant to refresh my memory of...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The baby was the cutest, most well behaved chap ever and all was going well in peaceful harmony, until mammy decided to change his dirty nappy on the fold down trays.
    I was extremely hungover and both the sight and stench had me dry heaving. It was so unhygienic and intrusive.

That is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.
    You should have asked to be moved.
    Never in a million years would I even change a wet nappy in that circumstance.
    Pigs.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

phone laying about all day, doing nothing.
    important text ... battery dies.

now charging frantically, and the yoke keeps falling out.
    the fking yoke always falls out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Jaysus.

Thats outrageous. And you know they wouldn't dare say anything, because I..AM..A ...MOTHER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

An assh*le I went to school with just posted a full synopsis of the new episode of Game of Thrones on fb, complete with spoilers.

And that is the reason why I have avoided all social media today. Boards, I can deal with by not opening up specific threads..fb, twitter and ig on the otherhand...never know what would pop up. Even the news media are cretins for this.

I've the 2am show recorded, and I will watch it at my own leisure, no spoilers seen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ahem. One is a Mormon don't you know? :D

Ah, ok then. So Fartie DOES know. :D As you were.
    SAMTALK wrote: »
    When you have to pick up the slack for co-workers who are too stupid to catch on to things

See this? Consider it thanked at least 837 times.

That is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.
    You should have asked to be moved.
    Never in a million years would I even change a wet nappy in that circumstance.
    Pigs.
    greencap wrote: »
    Jaysus.

Thats outrageous. And you know they wouldn't dare say anything, because I..AM..A ...MOTHER.

It was a full flight or I would have!
    We were half way through an hour long flight from the UK when she did it, and I don't think waiting another 30 minutes till we landed would have made a big difference to the baby.
    He was very placid & not in distress or uncomfortable so its not like she needed to do it urgently.

The whole cabin stank to the high heavens for the remainder of the flight. Never again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That is such a dickish thing to do. How could somebody be that unaware? I don’t watch GoT but it cannot be ignored that it’s a huge cultural phenomenon and even non-watchers are well aware of that. I’m inclined to think that that person is not unaware and is a huge, massive attention-seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that prey on your food

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

Words fail me.

Where were the flight attendants? Besides the disgust of it all, its a health & safety issue and staff should have been all over the parents. Even if it is too late by the time they realise, they should still be warning the parent(s) that this is unacceptable.

As someone who travels with children regularly there is no excuse for this. When there are queues for the toilet, I've never had an issue with people allowing little ones to skip ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA with this bloody weather, it was all hopeful last week with a bit of sun but back to bloody cold, well, a cold breeze. Living near the sea is bliss in the hot summer but now its the pits. Winter please fcuk off to the proverbial.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That is such a dickish thing to do. How could somebody be that unaware? I don’t watch GoT but it cannot be ignored that it’s a huge cultural phenomenon and even non-watchers are well aware of that. I’m inclined to think that that person is not unaware and is a huge, massive attention-seeker.

Just seen a comment on Facebook about GOT, some person saying I can't believe such and such dies.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just seen a comment on Facebook about GOT, some person saying I can't believe such and such dies.

Pay no attention, i’d Post that just for the craic and I don’t watch GoT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement