Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs. Glasgow, Friday 28th February, 19.35 (Eir Sport 1)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Granny15 wrote: »
    Jusy rewatched the match. What I'm annoyed about is Tolands coverage of the game. His incessant rehashing that Leinster hit the line with runners at pace. We all know that they do and Ireland don't but it was a tactic lifted from Michael's SCT this year who do so at great velocity in the 10/12 channels. Connors tried to replicate it but it has to be practiced over and over in training.

It was in turn a tactic lifted by Michaels from Clermont Auvergne over the past 10 seasons - noone does it better than them and it is very effective at moving teams up the field. Also Tolands love of Connors is OTT. He's a good player but I feel like he is willing to hype him up over the course of the game so that he can give him MOTM when he he performs at a similar level to the other Leinster players. It's needless hype we could do less of and his commentary doesn't help.

We know you don’t like Connors already you don’t need to remind anyone. I’ve long suspected Leinster have been copying the style of play of school children too so I agree with you on that point.

That's why Joe Scmidt was so good. He went one step further and stole his plays from JCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That's why Joe Scmidt was so good. He went one step further and stole his plays from JCT.

I’m worried now, I’m coaching the u5s in the morning and I don’t want Leo watching our secret plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m worried now, I’m coaching the u5s in the morning and I don’t want Leo watching our secret plays.

Haha - hey if you can get inspiration from effective rugby from anywhere why not?

Clermont are the best in the world at it. That goes over England or anyone.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,838 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Michael's lifted it from clermont..... LOL

We coach our u10s to hit the line at speed... It's a very basic facet of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Michael's lifted it from clermont..... LOL

We coach our u10s to hit the line at speed... It's a very basic facet of the game

Ok ok it is too far fetched I was thinking out loud.

Yes I know it’s a basic of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Ah Mr. Clegg showing your true colours. I thought it was coincidental that there was a Clegg key shop on Rathmines road and your name was Clegg. I'm now putting the pieces together.

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

What are the chances the main lads will be brought back into the fold for the next match? There is no match in Italy next weekend and its near certain at this stage that the game in Paris is gone too. I'd either give them a game or fit in a full on winter break now. Its conceivable we might not see a front liner in a Leinster Jersey until the start of next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Jusy rewatched the match. What I'm annoyed about is Tolands coverage of the game. His incessant rehashing that Leinster hit the line with runners at pace. We all know that they do and Ireland don't but it was a tactic lifted from Michael's SCT this year who do so at great velocity in the 10/12 channels. Connors tried to replicate it but it has to be practiced over and over in training.

It was in turn a tactic lifted by Michaels from Clermont Auvergne over the past 10 seasons - noone does it better than them and it is very effective at moving teams up the field. Also Tolands love of Connors is OTT. He's a good player but I feel like he is willing to hype him up over the course of the game so that he can give him MOTM when he he performs at a similar level to the other Leinster players. It's needless hype we could do less of and his commentary doesn't help.

Now I know where I know you? I've seen you in another form on another forum

How's pilot training going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

What are the chances the main lads will be brought back into the fold for the next match? There is no match in Italy next weekend and its near certain at this stage that the game in Paris is gone too. I'd either give them a game or fit in a full on winter break now. Its conceivable we might not see a front liner in a Leinster Jersey until the start of next season.

What about the quarter final against Saracens? (assuming it's not cancelled of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Buer wrote: »
    Aug-ner.

Christ, at least learn their names, Toland.

This. Ryan Bard. All evening.

Advertisement