Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs. Glasgow, Friday 28th February, 19.35 (Eir Sport 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Why come in here like this looking for a fight? The vast majority of people on this forum are reasonable regular folks who like chatting about the rugby. Why do you choose to act in such an unreasonable and antagonistic way?

Turn it on me good tactic. I suppose it was all just a laugh and because there is more than one at it that it was ok because I’m out numbered.

I for one am delighted he has shown his talent tonight and I don’t like people taking the gloss off that by making slights at him for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Granny15 wrote: »
    Turn it on me good tactic. I suppose it was all just a laugh and because there is more than one at it that it was ok because I’m out numbered.

I for one am delighted he has shown his talent tonight and I don’t like people taking the gloss off that by making slights at him for whatever reason.

No one's making slights on him, you're just misreading the comments. Everyone's happy to see his performance and are having a laugh about how good he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I was making slights at him.

Just thought I'd clarify that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Buer wrote: »

Shut up Buer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

looks like a show pony to me.

No one's making slights on him, you're just misreading the comments. Everyone's happy to see his performance and are having a laugh about how good he is.

Giving him a nickname such as Choo choo is not misreading the situation. It’s lowlife baiting at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Giving him a nickname such as Choo choo is not misreading the situation. It’s lowlife baiting at its worst.

It's just a funny nickname because of the hype, it's not intended to be disparaging.

It's just a funny nickname because of the hype, it's not intended to be disparaging.
    Yes, but people might see it and something, something, disrespect.

No, I haven't a clue either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster score over 50. Buer and Venjur at their insufferable worst.

I hate rugby.

I wouldn’t be so sure. I don’t think I misread the situation. And I’m completely within my rights to point out any comments intending to to make a caricature of a splendid player.

• Advertisement

Carlsberg don’t do misreading of situations....

durkadurka wrote: »
    Carlsberg don’t do misreading of situations....
    You don't understand the seriousness of the situation. Seriously, it's serious. I'm serious about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

in all seriousness id like to see him get capped v Australia.
    ideally Italy. Definitely not in the Paris massacre

i don’t want to over hype him or anything but he is the SAVIOUR OF IRISH RUGBY

durkadurka wrote: »
    i don’t want to over hype him or anything but he is the SAVIOUR OF IRISH RUGBY
    I completely agree with you, but could you not have used a bigger font?

The disrespect on here is disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

CHOO.

CHOO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Haven't gotten to watch the game yet, downloading it shortly (hopefully).

Feel sorry about the initial (at least in this thread) hype joke now.

Wait no... Again, I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Slights or sights?

I felt sorry for Dave Rennie. How do you answer questions after that? He did his best in fairness.

• Advertisement

NKMcvx1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

NKMcvx1.jpg

That seems like a caricature of sorts. How dare you.

salmocab wrote: »
    That seems like a caricature of sorts. How dare you.
    Still not as bad as Liam Toland calling him Ryan Bard. Twice.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Still not as bad as Liam Toland calling him Ryan Bard. Twice.

Gladly at the game so didn’t have to suffer that. I hope he’s in trouble though because second rows shouldn’t score hatricks. Even over a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭nc6000

So much for discussing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Didn't spot one Glasgow fan at the game.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »

A few in the south end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

degsie wrote: »

There was one in the terrace, very vocal, good to see.

I may be drunk, in fact I know I am. But that was the best attacking performance by Leinster this season. Power, pace and aggression. Constantly attacking at pace and with aggression. I don’t think Glasgow were particularly poor, but we made them look that way. Everything Ireland need to do was on display tonight, now obviously it’s not the same intensity, but how we set up to attack tonight was incredible. Even Bent was hitting the line at full tilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Screenshot-20200229-003608.jpg

Pure class tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fardy is such a good role model for the young locks coming through. He deserves another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Jesus Granny.

If you're gonna get offended by Baird and his nicknames please start with Toland.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you read his name and get "Bard" from it

Like it's got one syllable. How do you mispronounce words with one syllable?!

• Advertisement

Screenshot-20200229-003608.jpg

Pure class tonight. :)

How could you post Fardy disrectfully laughing a Baird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Is that Baird in the picture? If so, he appears to be nowhere near his listed 6ft 6in? That lad is about 6ft 4in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Can someone upload this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Is that Baird in the picture? If so, he appears to be nowhere near his listed 6ft 6in? That lad is about 6ft 4in.

He is 6'6. Quite clearly not standing up straight in that picture.

When he and Fardy bind for a scrum they are of similar height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Great performance last night but we really need to talk about the utter lack of quality of most sides in the Pro14...
    We've played 8 home games in the Pro14 this season so far and in 5 of those games we've put 50 points or more on the opposition. I realise that this is a ridiculous complaint but it's often boring to watch a lot of these one sided games and there's no atmosphere in the ground when there's no real competition on thr pitch.
    I know that might read like the whining of an spoiled child but I'm not taking away from the brilliance of this Leinster setup; I'm just making the point that the Pro14 seems to be getting worse every year.

Leinster are just much better coached than other teams in the pro 14..if we were back in the dark days of MOC I'm sure the pro 14 would look much better as we would be struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What a performance. Glasgow shot themselves in the foot repeatedly but what a way to punish them.

Baird stood out but Fardy just exudes class in
    every facet of the game.

Harry Byrne is going to overtake his brother son enough if he continues on his current trajectory. Tomane had a great game, as did Keenan.

Dave Kearney is in the form of his life, another great display.

21 wins in a row. That's incredible, even allowing for the crappy nature of a lot of the opposition.

How many tries has DK got this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

salmocab wrote: »
    How many tries has DK got this season?

12 across both competitions

12 across both competitions

He’s just on fire at the moment, the last last night was a poxy try for Glasgow to give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'd love for us to win Europe this season with DK starting. He has been a fantastic servant through some difficult periods. I'm sure he had offers elsewhere and could have looked to reset his career elsewhere.

His only involvement ever in a Champions Cup semi or final was 10 minutes from the bench against Ulster in Twickenham.

I'll just take a win. Don't care whose on the field to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Comparing Baird to Boris - good one.

Can’t fault his game so slag him off personally!

Well, one of them is a balloon animal made of haemorrhoids and the other isn't so it's not a fair comparison.

Jokes aside while it is easy to look good at home on a rampant Leinster team Bairdo still has to prove he has the bottle to perform in tough games. It’s early days but he is still yet to be proven worthy of being in the team as first choice. I would also have reservations about his height and whether he is tall enough to be a top level lock.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Can someone upload this game?

It’s on rugbylist

It’s on rugbylist

Didn't know that existed, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,569 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Great performance last night but we really need to talk about the utter lack of quality of most sides in the Pro14...
    We've played 8 home games in the Pro14 this season so far and in 5 of those games we've put 50 points or more on the opposition. I realise that this is a ridiculous complaint but it's often boring to watch a lot of these one sided games and there's no atmosphere in the ground when there's no real competition on thr pitch.
    I know that might read like the whining of an spoiled child but I'm not taking away from the brilliance of this Leinster setup; I'm just making the point that the Pro14 seems to be getting worse every year.

if the Welsh teams weren't so poorly managed the league would be in much better shape. The WRU make the IRFU look like genius innovators by comparison.

Jusy rewatched the match. What I'm annoyed about is Tolands coverage of the game. His incessant rehashing that Leinster hit the line with runners at pace. We all know that they do and Ireland don't but it was a tactic lifted from Michael's SCT this year who do so at great velocity in the 10/12 channels. Connors tried to replicate it but it has to be practiced over and over in training.

It was in turn a tactic lifted by Michaels from Clermont Auvergne over the past 10 seasons - noone does it better than them and it is very effective at moving teams up the field. Also Tolands love of Connors is OTT. He's a good player but I feel like he is willing to hype him up over the course of the game so that he can give him MOTM when he he performs at a similar level to the other Leinster players. It's needless hype we could do less of and his commentary doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Think you'll find that it was Mary's 94/95 SCT who actually invented rugby.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Think you'll find that it was Mary's 94/95 SCT who actually invented rugby.

Ah Mr. Clegg showing your true colours. I thought it was coincidental that there was a Clegg key shop on Rathmines road and your name was Clegg. I'm now putting the pieces together.

Advertisement