Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, just started it last night, it's hilarious. A must have for fans of Accounting/Rick & Morty.

Surprisingly polished for a 'gag' type game.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I just played Tetris Effect for the first time, and it's amazing. Tetris is the best game ever made, and it works so well in VR with headphones plugged in to experience the amazing soundtrack. Highly recommended!

It is SO GOOD.

I love Tetris.

Tetris in VR is intensely psychedelic. Man, I was surprised by that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Shlippery wrote: »
    It is SO GOOD.

I love Tetris.

I love Tetris too, but if I thought Tetris Effect was just "Tetris" I would have waited for a price drop as people think that's all there is to it: standard ol' Tetris but with prettier backgrounds.

I think what makes Tetris Effect so special is the huge swathe of challenges, and also how they take the Tetris formula and mess with it to add a surprising amount of depth to the concept.

Like using the Zone strategically to get out of scary situations .. I was 2 lines from the top at one point, switched into Zone mode, and somehow managed to clear the entire screen. The endorphins were firing I can tell you.

The funky weird blocks and surrounding characters responding to your clever moves also give you an endorphin boost! It's a feel good game!

I've only played it for five minutes to be fair, but the music and visuals just 'work' in ways you wouldn't expect when you think 'Tetris, but in VR'

Proper ravey. Love it.

Yeah I mean the visuals are definitely amazing too... plus the soundtrack is now on my regular Spotify loop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

I've had PSVR but sold it as setting up for too tedious everytime. I enjoyed it but apart from setting up, I found the fogging of the lens and screen door affect annoying also. Loved Until Dawn Rush of Blood though

Seeing the Quest is easier to set up, so I'd probably use more, anyone experience fogging of the lens or screen door affect?

** Come to think of it, don't think I had screen door affect on PSVR. Might be confusing that with Samsung Gear I had also with phone

Nope, no fogging that I encountered. I do recall sometimes getting that with PSVR when the headset was cold, but it didn't happen if the headset was allowed to warm up for a few mins first.

Screen door effect is pretty minimal on the Quest, you'd hardly notice it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Quest doesn't fog up because the headset itself gets pretty warm very fast (probably because all the processing is done in the headset).

Did anyone get prescription lenses for their Quest? I went with WidmoVR for my Go and they're a little cheap looking (3D printed surrounds) but the lenses are fine. Expensive though because of my terrible eyesight (R -7.5 and L -8.5) = €150 delivered.

I know FramesDirect are the official partners but they didn't ship internationally at the start of the year which seems to have changed now. But WidmoVR shipped from Poland so I couldn't get hit with customs.

Any better/cheaper options?

Shugghead is now doing Quest reviews... people might know him from his great PSVR reviews... He's probably my favourite reviewer and very watchable without all the shouty crap you typically get on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Haven't watched that review yet, but shame about the phantom covert ops game, seems to be getting fairly poor reviews all round. It looked potentially good when it was announced.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Haven't watched that review yet, but shame about the phantom covert ops game, seems to be getting fairly poor reviews all round. It looked potentially good when it was announced.

Really? It sounds great from the review above!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Really? It sounds great from the review above!

Yeah. Just going on the user reviews from the Oculus store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I got the free trial of Supernatural fully expecting to not like it, but today's playlist was metal with Slipknot and Pantera and now I'm not sure what to do (it's US$20 a month/$179 for a year subscription)

Guys what's the best way to connect my Quest to my PC? Can I use the cable that came with it? I have no USB-C ports though so I'd have to get a USB-C to USB-A adapter. Or should I buy that Anker cable on Amazon?

I'm asking because I googled and there's a lot of outdated conflicting info. Thanks!

Best way I think is to use Virtual Desktop... keeps it wireless, and as long as your router is 5GHz and within range it's fairly seamless.

You can use the cable that came with the Quest as a "Link" cable, but yes that requires USB-C.
    I believe there is a cable on Amazon that allows connection through a USB 2 port though.

But I'd always recommend the Virtual Desktop approach.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein coming to Quest (sidequest)

The best times I've ever had with my Quest (beyond playing Steam VR games via Virtual Desktop) is playing all the free sidequest content like Half Life / Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Oculus summer sale is here, WHat are people buying?

Job Simulator has being reduced to €14 from €20 for the next 9hrs 20 mins. I must give it a go

Was hoping for some deeper discounts... gonna wait and see what's offered.

The thrill of the fight has 20% off at the moment. I love that game.

• Advertisement

The Superhot / Pistol Whip bundle is interesting, but at €35 I'll need to think seriously about it...

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is 70% off today @ €1.49 on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9010/Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein/

Grab it now in anticipation of the upcoming Quest patch

actually it's €1.34 on Fanatical if you prefer :D

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/return-to-castle-wolfenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

RTCW is such an amazing game as well, played so much of the multiplayer in particular. Can't believe it's almost 20 years old.

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Superhot / Pistol Whip bundle is interesting, but at €35 I'll need to think seriously about it...

Decided to jump on this with 24 mins left in the sale.

I get Pistol Whip for the usual price, and then Superhot for an additional €12, so it's a win I guess.

Still pricey, but to be honest I need to reward myself sometimes :D

I've played Superhot to death on my PSVR, so it will be nice to play it all again wirelessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is there more stuff like National Geographic Explore for the Quest? I'm not much of a gamer any more, more into 'experiences' like the Antarctic part of Explore.

Just bought drop dead dual strike edition and arizona sunshine. Just need to find the time to play them now. Both on sale

Just bought drop dead dual strike edition and arizona sunshine. Just need to find the time to play them now. Both on sale

I literally just made the exact same purchase today.

Drop Dead is great!

Red Matter is €16 for me as I already have Space Pirate Trainer.

Anyone played it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got an email giving me 8 euro credit for the store just in case anyone misses an email...

Advertisement