Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Collins Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

No Ronan today; M Cahill is on instead and it sounds like he's playing whatever he heard on Q 102 on the drive in.

Or some of the songs played on Tracy Clifford's show on 2FM, as he is her Producer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Same as most days....... Odlum’s Flour.

Something about spice boxes and Centra.

I think it's that Chalia wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Dust off the Best of Heart FM cassette tapes; Michael Cahill is on this week.

I doubt that any of you heathens care, but every day when I heat that Donegal newsreader starting the Nuacht with an unusual Irish greeting, I'm puzzled as to what she is saying.

So I texted a friend who has that unintelligible dialect. Apparently its "Bail o Dhia oraibh", God bless you. Never heard of that greeting before.

Now you know, you probably didn't want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,857 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Michael Cahill playing hair and haircut-related songs.

I’m looking forward to hearing ‘Hair Pie: Bake 1’ by Captain Beefheart :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Dust off the Best of Heart FM cassette tapes; Michael Cahill is on this week.

Dust off your "greatest number 1s ever" complilation albums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭RINO87

I doubt that any of you heathens care, but every day when I heat that Donegal newsreader starting the Nuacht with an unusual Irish greeting, I'm puzzled as to what she is saying.

So I texted a friend who has that unintelligible dialect. Apparently its "Bail o Dhia oraibh", God bless you. Never heard of that greeting before.

Ha ha!! I've been annoying the better half by greeting her with this phrase every lunchtime, with neither of us having a clue what I just said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Oh yes I did-that's been bugging me for years!

Thanks!

Oh yes I did-that's been bugging me for years!

Thanks!

Same, it's been bugging me for ages. The other one you hear (the man who reads the Nuacht says it) is "Dia bhur mbeathasa" (God on your way/in your life) which is kinda nice.

Michael talking to Joe then...

5fSaLG.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Michael talking to Joe then...

5fSaLG.gif

He sounded annoyed that he wasn't able to shuffle off for de long lunch right away. Calddaghgreen invice for the few moments of content will be submitted to dee forbes before close of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Coldplay Higher Power & Dermot Kennedy Power over me, I thought I’d 2FM on for a moment, Michael Cahill mustn’t listen to the Ronan Collins show very much, There’s a song on now from a paint ad on tv by Laura Mvula Green Garden again more suited for 2FM.

A bit disturbing that Joe’s immediate reaction upon hearing that today is Burt Bacharach’s birthday (and without missing a beat) was “still alive”.

I wonder why does it never occur to Michael Cahill to check https://www.rte.ie/radio1/ronan-collins/ to see what sort of music Ronan plays on his show?

HOLD ME NOW.

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

Cahill played this earlier in the week, and it's been stuck in my head for days. Not as good as the original N17, less raucous, but still a very good cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Cahill played this earlier in the week, and it's been stuck in my head for days. Not as good as the original N17, less raucous, but still a very good cover!

This is much better than the original. The Sawdoctors are good at shouting words out loud. This singer makes the song poignant.

Ronan Collins back in the chair today. Had tuned -in just to see if Michael Cahill was back.

Cahill would be a good replacement if this format is retained upon Collins's long anticipated (by some) retirement.
    bobbyss wrote: »
    This is much better than the original. The Sawdoctors are good at shouting words out loud. This singer makes the song poignant.

It's excellent, but the original is in another class. The real test will come when she tries a similar cover of I Useta Love Her.

Michael Cahill must have broken in and lined up Ronan's first song today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ronan Collins back in the chair today. Had tuned -in just to see if Michael Cahill was back.

Cahill would be a good replacement if this format is retained upon Collins's long anticipated (by some) retirement.

It's excellent, but the original is in another class. The real test will come when she tries a similar cover of I Useta Love Her.

Or Michael D. Rockin' in the Dáil.

• Advertisement

Never liked Bob Dylan.

For the day that’s in it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Never liked Bob Dylan.

I think it's great.

Never liked Bob Dylan.

Just because he wasn't a good choir man? :)

Never liked Bob Dylan.

Banned forever

Well, not really. But please repent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Never liked Bob Dylan.

He's certainly no Max Boyce.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    He's certainly no Max Boyce.

Thank Gareth Edwards he’s not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I think the best parodies of Dylan's voice have been done by Joan Baez. There are loads of them online, but this one with a baby in her arms (from 01:20) stands out.

It's true, he isn't the best singer. But the distinctive voice is part of his appeal.

I think John Creedon will do Bob some justice tonight!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Ça plane pour moi".

Ooo Ooooooooooh ooooh ohhh :pac:

Another spin this year, Ronan? Auld Turnip Head won't be impressed with you :pac:

Advertisement