Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Koleos

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Hi Vidapurs - Yes, I chased up your pointer and bought that L/F/H and got it all sorted - so far so good and thank you, my friend for that assist.
    Went for my N.C.Test today and my 09 Kol Eos passed with flying colours...Except : the tester said he could not find the chassis nuimber to complete the computer record and he cannot issue the cert until he gets that. The fact that it's at the bottom of the windscreen as usual and also stuck on a label on the drivewrs door is not sufficient. In Ireland now, the test is not complete until the tester has visual sight of the chassis number actually stamped on the chassis. Try as he did, he could not see the Chassis number...it was not in any of the usual places he said. So my query is : Can anyone tell me where the Chassis Number is stamped on the Kol Eos chassis ? Interestingly, the handbook does not tell me where this very important id number is located either. Any help ? I have had great success in sorting all my Kol Eos probs here over the past few years and here;s hoping my good run continues. Thank you all.
    vidapura wrote: »
    And if you read all the way down this ad.. this guy has a headlight...

https://www.donedeal.ie/carparts-for-sale/renault-car-parts/23594042?campaign=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    Hi Vidapurs - Yes, I chased up your pointer and bought that L/F/H and got it all sorted - so far so good and thank you, my friend for that assist.
    Went for my N.C.Test today and my 09 Kol Eos passed with flying colours...Except : the tester said he could not find the chassis nuimber to complete the computer record and he cannot issue the cert until he gets that. The fact that it's at the bottom of the windscreen as usual and also stuck on a label on the drivewrs door is not sufficient. In Ireland now, the test is not complete until the tester has visual sight of the chassis number actually stamped on the chassis. Try as he did, he could not see the Chassis number...it was not in any of the usual places he said. So my query is : Can anyone tell me where the Chassis Number is stamped on the Kol Eos chassis ? Interestingly, the handbook does not tell me where this very important id number is located either. Any help ? I have had great success in sorting all my Kol Eos probs here over the past few years and here;s hoping my good run continues. Thank you all.

this is where it is on a LHD model. Should be the same on a RHD

https://vin-location.com/cars/renault-koleos-2008-2011/

this is where it is on a LHD model. Should be the same on a RHD

https://vin-location.com/cars/renault-koleos-2008-2011/

Problem sorted. My garage man actually found it, i.e. the chassis number stamped on the metal (but not heavily so) up tight underneath the flange beside the red diagram/square. It's actually just behind the headlamp and not farther back which is where the tester seemed to think he should find it.
    Anyway, I think the tester was looking for the usual aluminium riveted plate and it turns out that the number is stamped on the chassis bare metal.

Muchos gracias for all the help. Have a nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭vidapura

Jeez the NCT is really getting to be a right pain in the butt.

I'd love if you could show a photo of where that VIN is located.
    I will no doubt have the same hassle when I have to get my one NCT'd

PS: glad you got the headlight.

vidapura wrote: »
    Jeez the NCT is really getting to be a right pain in the butt.

I'd love if you could show a photo of where that VIN is located.
    I will no doubt have the same hassle when I have to get my one NCT'd

PS: glad you got the headlight.
    Hi Vida Sorry for delay in responding, in hosp several days buy OK now. No camera on my phone. I have the Model with the starting handle HaHa
    Now to describe in simple terms the VIN Location :
    Open the bonnet...stand in front of the RH HLamp and place your left hand on the black casing that the headlight is set into...the VIN is about 3 inches from your little finger...it's hidden in that recess and quite dark there.
    Tks for your great help. Dion

Advertisement