Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

m77200 wrote: »
    Congratulations, what ML are you?

580-600on the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brsco

So it looks like we’re sitting around the 600 ML mark for calls. Congrats to everyone who got the call... has anyone beyond 600 received a call today (he says impatiently) ?? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Is the call to tell you your appointable or to give you a start date?

Plus.. Good luck too all PCA Athletes lol will smash it

Start date...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Happy2020

Did anyone get a call about your e-learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Anyone ever been asked for more additional info if so message me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Was anyone on here at the PCA yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

SMS19 wrote: »
    Was anyone on here at the PCA yesterday?

Yes I was

• Advertisement

Anyone else get there medical email?

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Anyone else get there medical email?

Yes got one too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Belfast84

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Yes I was

I was

If anyone is currently in GV, can you PM me, re induction, first day, supplies needed etc. due to start in the coming weeks. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Seen this earlier and made me a bit worried that it might cause problems for the rest of us on the 1810 list. Hope not though.

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2020-02-13/funding-gap-could-put-police-recruitment-in-reverse/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

You are existing recruitment, the funding for your training has already been approved and allocated to you. This would apply to future campaigns but I suspect it’s political commentary by the boss to make sure he gets what he needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

This is a bit of a random question but what’s the colleges policy on beards. Do you need to be clean shaven?

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    This is a bit of a random question but what’s the colleges policy on beards. Do you need to be clean shaven?

You can either have a beard or be clean shaven, you can't have stubble.

You can either have a beard or be clean shaven, you can't have stubble.

Is that actually a policy?

Is that actually a policy?

Yes, someone actually in GV can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Full beard or nothing

• Advertisement

Full beard or nothing

Full beard or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 28 first_timer10

Has anyone attended the medical with a shaved head? Emailed OHW asking would it be possible for hair to be taken from chest/armpits but they have suggested that I should try and grow my hair before the medical.

How's people getting on with online learning??

How's people getting on with online learning??

Got it done and sent away the next day

Got it done and sent away the next day

Happydays your on thr ball.. Only started mine the day.. Handy enough

Happydays your on thr ball.. Only started mine the day.. Handy enough

Just wanted it done, yeah it's handy but boring lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 merrymarley

Anyone else that got their vetting forms before Christmas still waiting for their PCA date ��? Starting to panic I’ve missed an email or something.

@merrymarley,

Where abouts on the ML list are you?

I know a fella who is ML1000+ and has not heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mcc212ajc

ML 450 to 480 here . everything passed just waiting on vetting to clear . from the republic so I'm thinking it may take a little longer .. sitting at almost 6 months with a small delay that was resolved in October. anyone else in the same boat ?

• Advertisement

That's a long wait to.. Vetting seems to be talking a very long time for some strange reason.

That's a long wait to.. Vetting seems to be talking a very long time for some strange reason.

everything else flew by... it was all very swift and exciting while it lasted and then the long wait began. all part of the process I suppose so cannot complain too much it just seems like forever. perhaps it is taking longer due to them processing a large chunk of recruits at once. upon checking the recruitment stats it seems 400 are being processed at the moment.

Anyone else that got their vetting forms before Christmas still waiting for their PCA date ��? Starting to panic I’ve missed an email or something.

I'd email them to see if they have an estimate of when you will get a date, I got my vetting forms before Christmas too and have my pca done and medical is in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IM2018

Guys,
    Expect vetting to take at least 4 months. PSNI done a live Q&A on Instagram and the vetting question was asked, the answer was 4 months. Anyone who got there's cleared prior to 4 months was just fortunate. Stay patient and stay positive.

They did a Q&A about a month ago and said that it normally takes about 12 weeks. Wonder if there is a hold up at the moment meaning that they are now expecting it to take longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Hello again, just a thanks to everyone who pm’d me regarding my medical appeal questions, I’ve now successfully passed it and got my vetting cleared a few days ago (about 14 weeks after I sent it for reference). So just waiting for the call now finally, where abouts are they in the merit list with that? I’m around 750~
    Thanks and good luck to everyone in the rest of the process and training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Anybody here done the medical, can they remeber if they had to bring an opticians report or did they test the eyes themselves?

they test the eyes themselves. just got email from vetting asking me to fill out an monthly income and expenditure form. first I've heard since October so hopefully it clears soon.

Why do you have to fill out an expendure form??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

Why do you have to fill out an expendure form??

They check you aren’t in a financial position that may leave to vulnerable to bribes or corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Created an account just for following this topic. I received an email offering a place at a PCA event, does this mean that my vetting was successful? Or is it continuing to be done whilst the other necessary parts are completed? Should mention that my vetting forms were sent off in December.

CuppaTay wrote: »
    Created an account just for following this topic. I received an email offering a place at a PCA event, does this mean that my vetting was successful? Or is it continuing to be done whilst the other necessary parts are completed? Should mention that my vetting forms were sent off in December.

Nope, just means that they have reached your ML number for PCA. Are you in the ML1000+ bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

SMS19 wrote: »
    Nope, just means that they have reached your ML number for PCA. Are you in the ML1000+ bracket?

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. And yeah I'm in the 1000+ bracket. Long awl process but we'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Do you get 2 separate emails for passing both the medical and substance misuse or is it all under the 1 email?

its two separate emails, SMT takes a bit longer than the medical result

• Advertisement

How long you talking before you know get word you past both.? They must need people quick, I got a call last week from recruitment asking me to finish my online learning ASAP, was due to Thursday.

A few days after medical for the medical result and then about week after that for the SMT, that was my experience anyway
    Hopefully they are starting to speed up, I’m just waiting on the call now, wouldn’t mind it ASAP been a long process haha

I got my result 6 days after the medical even though my email was dated 5 days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Anyone have a rough timescale for when your Vetting forms are checked etc. Got the confirmation email for both medical and SMT so i think its just a waiting game now.

football22 wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough timescale for when your Vetting forms are checked etc. Got the confirmation email for both medical and SMT so i think its just a waiting game now.

Just got my vetting back today, took 11 weeks from when it was sent off.

Just need to get my medical over me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement