Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of the Bray-Greystones line

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

prunudo wrote: »
    https://wicklownow.ie/news/off-the-rails-plan-to-upgrade-bray-to-greystones-dart-to-cost-an-extra-e600m/

Something not right here, can't be costing that much to upgrade the line can it. I would have thought you'd get a new tunnel for near that price.

Isn't that the overall figure i.e. for Hazelhatch, Maynooth, Drogheda etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

prunudo wrote: »
    https://wicklownow.ie/news/off-the-rails-plan-to-upgrade-bray-to-greystones-dart-to-cost-an-extra-e600m/

Something not right here, can't be costing that much to upgrade the line can it. I would have thought you'd get a new tunnel for near that price.

The 600m increase isn't just down to the Bray/Greystones solution (in fact, I don't think that it's included at all in that price), it's just that as they plan and design this upgrade, they find that it costs more to do it. It's that simple. The original estimate was an educated guess, and as they get more into the design, they're finding out more precisely how much all this stuff costs.

Construction costs are increasing as well, faster than general inflation. This is mainly down to the fact that there's just not enough workers in the industry right now. A good problem to have overall, I suppose, I much prefer the Ireland where we're all working, rather then the bleak days of the recession.

Advertisement