Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Newsflash! Newsflash!

Amnesty Ireland/O'Gorman/20+ establishment NGOs suddenly understand who are women and who are men and what sex is.

I wonder if any of those women are granted asylum in Ireland and say that they are oppressed because of their sex, will the kindly Colm call for them to be deplatformed and denied political representation?

Hmmm. I expect this tweet monument to hypocrisy to disappear very soon. Ye have to larf, don't you?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well, this is how real problems look like, unlike invented problems like misgendering and deadnaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I mean, can Amnesty make an actual change about the rights of women in a terrorist led country? It's a good cause, I support it (as I support the rights for any women in countries where religion says/is part of the reason they don't have rights), but what can I do, a 38 year old male in Ireland? This post is probably the sum total of my involvement tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

onlyFans has just banned sexual content, all the gender studies grads will be signing on again this week.

One of my favourite anthems of the 80’s is getting a WOKE over. It’s no longer raining men.

“For the first time in history, it's going to stop raining men... The Weather Girls' 1982 disco hit has been given a woke makeover to use 'more inclusive' pronouns.

With the blessing of the song's writer, Paul Shaffer, it has been updated to change 'men' to 'them'.

The rewrite, released to mark World Pride month, aims to make everyone feel included and to celebrate non-binary and transgender artists.

It means the chorus to the karaoke favourite will become: 'It's raining them! Hallelujah! It's raining them! Amen!'

And the classic lines 'Tall, blonde, dark and lean/ Rough and tough and strong and mean' have been replaced with 'Cool, bold, strong and keen/Proud and loud and here and seen'. The reference to 'mother nature' being a 'single woman' has been changed to 'they're a single person'.” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9910175/Its-Raining-Weather-Girls-smash-hit-80s-classic-reworked-woke-generation.html

• Advertisement

Some people will say that we need another plague, but we've just had one and it changed nothing. Maybe in the first couple of months people stopped worrying about made up problems like gender pronouns and diversity but it's all back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Give me strength. No wonder there is a backlash against LGB people, many of whom find this kind of thing ridiculous but are scared to speak up as they will be run out of the gay 'community' for being transphobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Moya dunphy hit out at a few white Irish guys on twitter a few days ago, she got a lot of flak over it because she attacked their pale features

Anyway, her having once been the wife of Johnny Vegas was brought up, Q the WOKE brigade accusing all in sundry of misogyny and patriarchal views

Apparently referring to a woman as having been someone's wife is now misogynistic?

You learn something new every day

No need to post a link, I also remember that there was an article about blacks in NY being disproportionately affected compared to whites. It was because whites traveled abroad more (so they got tested more) and they had better access to medical care because they pay for it, but the woke take-away was of course systemic racism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The Arts Council of Wales is “systemically racist”, according to a report it commissioned itself, which says Welsh language requirements exclude minorities. 

The publicly-funded body commissioned £51,000 worth of research which branded the organisation’s policies “racist”, along with those of National Museums Wales, a conclusion both bodies have accepted.

The report further added that both the Council and National Museums Wales uphold “white supremacist ideology” by limiting opportunities for minorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

'Stand By Your Person'?

You have forgotten that old classic - You're Once, Twice, Three Times a Trans Lady.

The publicly-funded body commissioned £51,000 worth of research which branded the organisation’s policies “racist”, along with those of National Museums Wales, a conclusion both bodies have accepted.

I could have told them for half that they are indeed racist towards those immigrants that don't want to have anything to do with the welsh culture anyway, that is some sort of pre-emptive racism. And for the other half I will tell them that the report itself is racist in assuming that blacks and other POC are unable and unwilling to learn the welsh language just because they are not white.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was listening to the Kilkenny v Wexford camogie match yesterday and heard the RTE commentator call one of the players an excellent "marksperson".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yeah everything is 'racist'.

That Welsh thing should read that it discriminates against non-Welsh speakers. It doesn't matter about their colour, it's the language. It's beyond stupid, total waste of £51,000.

Man, I feel like a woman...

(am I doing this right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Wow, this thread......

The Western world is going to eat itself with this ****. All the give morons jobs /something to feel valued for.

Police cars painted up in rainbows to make people confident to report 'hate' crimes. It's scary/outrageous that a police force can do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Remember when you were in school about 30% of your class were utterly brain dead?

Those people are adults now and they are the ones falling for this "woke" idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Better:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,657 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Was just reading an article in the journal, pretty much the usual fluff piece from people with ideas of their own for other people’s children, when I came across this absolute bell-hopper -

Workshop survey responses showed significant increases in pupils agreeing that consent needs to be agreed before the start of any sexual activity and that consent should be verbal.

The percentage of pupils who agreed that they had the skills needed to deal with sexual consent went from 61% beforehand to 92% afterwards. Some 99% of females, 95% of males, and 100% of non-binary pupils agreed that the workshop was relevant to them, with 90% saying they would recommend the workshop to their peers.

Dafuq? 🤔

In Cambridge University’s latest push to right the wrongs of history, its Museum of Classical Archaeology will add some signage to explain the ‘whiteness’ of its collection of Greek and Roman statues.

The Classics faculty, of which the museum is part, has taken this great and noble mission upon itself in response to an open letter signed by dozens of students, alumni and academics — including the chair of the Classics faculty itself. The letter calls for ‘an acknowledgement of the existence of systemic racism within Classics’ and argues that the white plaster casts of Classical statues give a ‘misleading impression’ of an ‘absence of diversity’ in the ancient world. The museum agrees, and so up goes the signage.

And yet there is a glaring peculiarity in Cambridge’s logic, as one academic observed. The vast majority of the statues in the museum’s 600-strong collection are of Greeks and Romans, ...The faculty are staking a claim to diversity without any means of delivering on it.

The thing is, placed next to those anatomically correct statues sculpted by the big bad whites the diverse art will look bad. So they must get rid of them COMPLETELY!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement