Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Luap wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble in getting 5g (Eir)? I have 5g enabled in the settings but still no joy. The only time I notice I have 5g is when I'm on twitter.

5G from Eir is hit and miss at the best of times to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Anybody else taking extreme delight in checking the maximum capacity of the battery and seeing it’s still at 100%? :D The phone will be a month old in a few days. How long have I got left??? :(:pac:

L'prof wrote: »
    Anybody else taking extreme delight in checking the maximum capacity of the battery and seeing it’s still at 100%? :D The phone will be a month old in a few days. How long have I got left??? :(:pac:

My xs max was at 100% definitely for over 6 months, I’ll be disgusted if my pro max iis not the same at least, especially since there has been many days over the 2 months now that I have it that I didn’t bother charging it as it was on 50% by bed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’m guilty too :rolleyes:

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My xs max was at 100% definitely for over 6 months, I’ll be disgusted if my pro max iis not the same at least, especially since there has been many days over the 2 months now that I have it that I didn’t bother charging it as it was on 50% by bed time.

6 months!!! That’s some going. I’m not charging it overnight anymore and I don’t charge it to 100% either. About 30/40 mins on the fast charger a day is loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭micks_address

I’m easily getting two days from the phone. I throw it on wireless charger second night and it’s good to go next day.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How are you finding the size? It looks like it's on the very edge of tolerable, but I have small hands so not sure about it.

awec wrote: »
    How are you finding the size? It looks like it's on the very edge of tolerable, but I have small hands so not sure about it.

I actually wanted to get the pro but they were out so opted for the pro max. I was worried it would be too big but I’m liking it. I had outgrown my 7, fingers have gotten fatter in the last 4 years :pac: 2 handed use is perfect. 1 handed can be a bit of a struggle sometimes so if you do have small hands maybe have a think about it. The camera is very good, that’s definitely a big factor to consider too

I actually wanted to get the pro but they were out so opted for the pro max. I was worried it would be too big but I’m liking it. I had outgrown my 7, fingers have gotten fatter in the last 4 years :pac: 2 handed use is perfect. 1 handed can be a bit of a struggle sometimes so if you do have small hands maybe have a think about it. The camera is very good, that’s definitely a big factor to consider too

I think you adjust to the size. My last night so phones were smaller and I enjoyed them but the extra screen real estate is nice. I find my hands have sort of adjusted to. First couple of days I found the phone heavy and the top of the screen awkward to get to but it’s grand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I’m getting about a day out of my battery on the iPhone 12 Max. Charged it this time last night and there is about 25% battery left in it. Screen has been on over 7 hours . Is that normal as I see some people are getting 48 hours out of their battery.

Only got the phone last Friday .

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I’m getting about a day out of my battery on the iPhone 12 Max. Charged it this time last night and there is about 25% battery left in it. Screen has been on over 7 hours . Is that normal as I see some people are getting 48 hours out of their battery.

Only got the phone last Friday .

You must use it all day? That’s good screen time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

You must use it all day? That’s good screen time

It’s been on and off all day. Saying that I don’t know if that’s updated since the last charge as I don’t feel like I’ve been on it all day as I’ve been minding the kids and haven’t had time. :D

My 12 pro max was taken off charge at 8.15am and is currently on 60% was plugged in in the car for about 20 mins this afternoon for car play, battery was probably on about 80% and went back up to 88%

7-F7-B3-AD8-D08-B-45-D7-9-D98-C1587-D29-D20-F.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

With heavy, heavy usage I get the day easily. End up with 20% going to bed approximately. Light usage I’d go to bed with 40-50%. On 48%. now and about to conk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I've one on the way, finally. can anyone recommend a case and screen protector? I normally go with caudabe but there'll be a delay if i order from them.

I'm going to hold off for a while on magsafe accessories, but if anyone has recommendations it would be great to hear them.

ablelocks wrote: »
    I've one on the way, finally. can anyone recommend a case and screen protector? I normally go with caudabe but there'll be a delay if i order from them.

I'm going to hold off for a while on magsafe accessories, but if anyone has recommendations it would be great to hear them.

i bought the apple cobalt leather case for mine. I got a screen protector installed in a local shop in swords. Its pretty good. I also picked up the credit card magsafe wallet off adverts but i don't really use it.. i was worried re the ceramic coating on the screen if it would scratch without a screen protector

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

good news..... for you or someone else here anyway :D

I have an iPhone 12 Pro on order. (since 25th November and still haven't got it :( )
    My sister bought me a cover as a Christmas present...... but she got me a Max cover. It is genuine Apple leather cover bought on the Apple website but with Covid she only got it to me yesterday. Apple will not entertain an exchange :(

I haven't even opened the box, willing to sell it on or swap for either a regular Pro size leather cover or Mag Safe Charger & power adaptor

Seve OB wrote: »
    good news..... for you or someone else here anyway :D

I have an iPhone 12 Pro on order. (since 25th November and still haven't got it :( )
    My sister bought me a cover as a Christmas present...... but she got me a Max cover. It is genuine Apple leather cover bought on the Apple website but with Covid she only got it to me yesterday. Apple will not entertain an exchange :(

I haven't even opened the box, willing to sell it on or swap for either a regular Pro size leather cover or Mag Safe Charger & power adaptor

not for me Seve - i had a look at one yesterday and it's very light for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

not for me Seve - i had a look at one yesterday and it's very light for me.

no probs, i shifted it on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Cancelled my 12 Pro Max upgrade...Eir still hadn’t got the phone last week

I won’t be going anywhere much most of this year to use the camera, plus the Face ID issue with face masks would annoy me if I was out anywhere using it

So I’m going to wait for the next one and hope it has fingerprint ID back and get that instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

I know a friend who supplies the networks

Pulled the trigger yesterday on the 256gb

Arrived today :D

How fast does the 12 pro Mac charge via MagSafe? Thinking of buying the MagSafe charger. Just bored during lockdown and do with a delivery to track.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    How fast does the 12 pro Mac charge via MagSafe? Thinking of buying the MagSafe charger. Just bored during lockdown and do with a delivery to track.

I have it, and if I’m honest I very rarely use it. I find the fast charger does me fine and I don’t really need to top up the battery that much during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

As long as you use MagSafe compliant chargers it charges at a rate of 15w. Other wireless chargers will be limited to 7.5w.

As long as you use MagSafe compliant chargers it charges at a rate of 15w. Other wireless chargers will be limited to 7.5w.

So you need a MagSafe charging brick too? I’ve a 30w third party changer I got off Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

So you need a MagSafe charging brick too? I’ve a 30w third party changer I got off Amazon.

not 100%, but I wouldn't put it past Apple to limit/hobble it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

No, I think you’ll be ok. I think as long as it’s 20W you’ll get the fast charging. Test it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

On the topic of charging can I still use the old charger and lightening cables ?
    Will it affect the battery in any way?
    With usbc I’ve a 3rd party plug that’s 18w should it be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Have one on the way. First iPhone in a while and if say the biggest I've had.

Anybody use mous cases ?

• Advertisement

in case it may be of help i got the following

screen protector
    case
    magsafe stand

Advertisement