Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Feedback on your IR LD-SJT performance
    Your score on the SJT was average when we compared you to other candidates. Your ability to make safe and effective judgements was equivalent to that of the typical person who sat the SJT under the same conditions. If you were to sit the SJT again then we would recommend that you undertake some research to understand what Train Drivers are expected to do and what judgements they might make to ensure they are safe and effective. This could help you to improve your SJT performance still further next time.

Feedback on your RAAT performance
    On the RAAT you scored above average. Your ability to read and understand railway related rules was much better than most. You are likely to find it easier than most other people to understand and learn railway related rules and procedures. This is a very positive finding. If you were to sit the RAAT again then we would recommend that you try to maintain this high level of performance. If you wanted to improve your performance still further then you could read technical procedures and then ask a friend, relative or your partner to ask you some questions based on the procedures you have read and learnt.

Feedback on your MiniSCAAT performance
    Your speed

Your speed on the miniSCAAT was faster than most other people that sat the test. You were able to work through more of the letters than most of your comparison group in the time available.

Your accuracy

With regards to accuracy your score was average when compared to others. Your ability to identify the target letters was typical of other people who sat the miniSCAAT under the same conditions.

Overall miniSCAAT summary

Overall you were faster than most when completing the miniSCAAT with average accuracy. If you were to sit the miniSCAAT again then we would recommend that you build on your existing performance by maintaining your speed but try to increase your accuracy still further.

A final word from us
    We hope the feedback we have provided to you is of benefit and interest. We appreciate that you are likely to be disappointed that we have not been able on this occasion to take you through to an assessment centre. However it is important to note that only a very small percentage of applicants who applied will be passing through to the assessment centre. You have performed well and looking at the online selection process as a whole (including the online screening questionnaire and the three online tests) you got further and performed better than the majority of people that applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Ais123 wrote: »
    Is that 16pf the personality quiz thing at the end that has like 40q?

that's the one... your interview will be based on those answers and the ones you wrote out in pencil... one of the questions was what was an emotional time for you, or something like that, flu has the best of me today

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

mario84s wrote: »
    that's the one... your interview will be based on those answers and the ones you wrote out in pencil... one of the questions was what was an emotional time for you, or something like that, flu has the best of me today

I thought it was but when you said if you’d done phase 2 and then that. I wondered if it was a separate thing after phase 2.

I thought it was but when you said if you’d done phase 2 and then that. I wondered if it was a separate thing after phase 2.

sorry for the confusion... on the Wednesday, the 16pf was cancelled as no time to do them. they just rescheduled for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

sorry for the confusion... on the Wednesday, the 16pf was cancelled as no time to do them. they just rescheduled for another day.

Did not everyone show up to resit it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Is anyone else the same as me?

I received the 4-6 weeks for Dublin on 26 January and nothing back yet. No feedback. I presume I'm still in, until I'm out?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

bikeman1 wrote: »

I received the 4-6 weeks for Dublin on 26 January and nothing back yet. No feedback. I presume I'm still in, until I'm out?

In the same boat only I applied for athlone

Did not everyone show up to resit it?

Don't hold me to it, but I don't think so. I recognised a few faces, but then again there was 4 or 5 time slots, others could have easily picked other times.

bikeman1 wrote: »

i'd take it that no news is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

CiboC wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what day did you do your phase 2 tests?

Early Jan sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

CiboC wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what day did you do your phase 2 tests?

Early Jan sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seems the process is being well handled, they didn't need to provide people individual levels of feedback, but it's surely nice to receive all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Got an email yesterday to say I was unsuccessful, had applied for Limerick.

Impressed with the level of feedback, best of luck to everyone still in the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Starting to get pissed off now!!!!

Did my last tests and pf16 on the 1st. Got an email about the short notice medical but didn't see the email quick enough.

That's the last I've heard.......

khaldrogo wrote: »

Did my last tests and pf16 on the 1st. Got an email about the short notice medical but didn't see the email quick enough.

they seem to be sending all the rejection emails at the moment to unsuccessful candidates, i'd say rest should hear soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorillafiedwar

I’m seeing all these detailed feedback emails back to people on the thread and I’m wondering where exactly my situation leaves me. I responded to the email for the short notice medical and did my medical on the 6th Feb. The doctor told me that I failed it due to a high BMI. In hindsight I should have just said no to the medical, that I wouldn’t be available for a few weeks, and given myself more time to lose the weight.

In any case, I’m now wondering, because of that failure, are all of my tests up to this point effectively null and void? Presumably I did well enough in the previous tests to get to the medical stage. I would have hoped that I would be given time to do something about my issue, but it seems there is very little leeway for me. The doctor told me I could apply again at some stage, and to contact the HR people in IE and see if/when I could apply again. But when I contacted the IE address, they more or less just said it was nothing to do with them, the medical officer makes the decisions. I haven’t been sent any official emails outlining what my situation is exactly since I completed the medical.

I’m probably just thinking out loud more than anything here, I know it’s unlikely anyone here will be able provide much more than what I already know. Just sharing my experience I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Applied for Galway depot.

Did the second round of online testing an hour before the deadline on Jan 15th, IICR

I could've sworn that I received the "wait 4-6 weeks" email a day or two shortly after stage 2 online tests, but having gone through all my emails, nope, I received zip, nada!

I'm now thinking that there was a message at the end of the 2nd phase online testing that mentioned waiting 4 to 6 weeks and that's how that got into my brain.

Gone through all my emails, nothing from Irish Rail nor OPC.

So I haven't received the 4 to 6 weeks email, nor have I received the "here's you feedback and how you did, you did better than most, thanks but no thanks" email.

So not sure where I stand now, feels like I'm stuck in limbo.

Is no news good news? Surely I should've heard something by now though.. Most people seem to have gotten some form of communication one way or another.

Anyone else in the same boat and yet to hear anything, good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I’m seeing all these detailed feedback emails back to people on the thread and I’m wondering where exactly my situation leaves me. I responded to the email for the short notice medical and did my medical on the 6th Feb. The doctor told me that I failed it due to a high BMI. In hindsight I should have just said no to the medical, that I wouldn’t be available for a few weeks, and given myself more time to lose the weight.

Do you mind me asking what the BMI was?

may I ask what your BMI was at the medical? i'm measuring at 32.9 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Morby wrote: »
    Applied for Galway depot.

Did the second round of online testing an hour before the deadline on Jan 15th, IICR

I could've sworn that I received the "wait 4-6 weeks" email a day or two shortly after stage 2 online tests, but having gone through all my emails, nope, I received zip, nada!

I'm now thinking that there was a message at the end of the 2nd phase online testing that mentioned waiting 4 to 6 weeks and that's how that got into my brain.

Gone through all my emails, nothing from Irish Rail nor OPC.

So I haven't received the 4 to 6 weeks email, nor have I received the "here's you feedback and how you did, you did better than most, thanks but no thanks" email.

So not sure where I stand now, feels like I'm stuck in limbo.

Is no news good news? Surely I should've heard something by now though.. Most people seem to have gotten some form of communication one way or another.

Anyone else in the same boat and yet to hear anything, good or bad?

In the same Boat! for Galway also, has anyone outside the Dublin depot application received a thanks but no email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

khaldrogo wrote: »

Indeed, it would be nice to get some indication from Irish Rail as to what their thinking is. A yes, no or even a maybe e-mail would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

In the same Boat! for Galway also, has anyone outside the Dublin depot application received a thanks but no email?

Glad to know it's not just me so, Sean! At least there's two of us here scratching our heads wondering what the hell is going on and where we stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭highdef

may I ask what your BMI was at the medical? i'm measuring at 32.9 at the moment

In a completely scientific point of view, 32.9 sounds extremely high to me and I can't see someone with a figure that high passing. I'm 22.5 and am looking to lose another few pounds as there's still a little bit of belly there.

highdef wrote: »
    In a completely scientific point of view, 32.9 sounds extremely high to me and would I can't see someone with a figure that high passing. I'm 22.5 and am looking to lose another few pounds as there's still a little bit of belly there.

completely understand your view and do agree with you. however, a bodybuilder would be hitting even higher numbers than 33...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm out too and applied for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭highdef

completely understand your view and do agree with you. however, a bodybuilder would be hitting even higher numbers than 33...

Very fair point and I should have taken that into account. My apologies, in any case.

highdef wrote: »
    Very fair point and I should have taken that into account. My apologies, in any case.

except i'm not a bodybuilder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorillafiedwar

For those asking, my BMI was 36. Very high, I know, and there was no negotiation in my case whatsoever. I was prepared to get on a treadmill and run for however long they wanted me to(I’m actually not particularly unfit in spite of my weight) but they said the numbers are the only thing they look out for, nothing to do with fitness. If you’re skinny and can’t run 100m it doesn’t really matter, you’ll be fine. Being a 5”6’ bloke who’s always been quite muscular(and now having added fat to that muscle) probably didn’t help my case in that regard either.

They did tell me that if you’re only a couple of pounds away there may be some more leeway, so there may still be hope for you Mario, but I was too far from it being a simple fix in their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MrFitz1984

Only read the last few pages of this thread cos it’s long! But I got an email last Friday (15th Feb) asking if I was available for interviews for Thursday 21st. I replied of course, and got an email back with my time slot. I attended the two interviews yesterday, the 16pf questions with the lovely Danielle (who is sound to be fair), then the daunting competence interview in front of the panel of 3. It was tough, and whoever gets hired by these guys absolutely deserves it for all the hoops we’re having to jump through here! Haven’t done medical yet, but my BMI is a safe 23.5 (I’m 6’ and 35yo). Continued best of luck to those still in the hunt.

• Advertisement

MrFitz1984 wrote: »
    Only read the last few pages of this thread cos it’s long! But I got an email last Friday (15th Feb) asking if I was available for interviews for Thursday 21st. I replied of course, and got an email back with my time slot. I attended the two interviews yesterday, the 16pf questions with the lovely Danielle (who is sound to be fair), then the daunting competence interview in front of the panel of 3. It was tough, and whoever gets hired by these guys absolutely deserves it for all the hoops we’re having to jump through here! Haven’t done medical yet, but my BMI is a safe 23.5 (I’m 6’ and 35yo). Continued best of luck to those still in the hunt.

well done, wish you all the best!

Advertisement