Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

I thought that might be the case, seeing as it was one of (if not the) last phase in Dublin. Fingers crossed so, and best of luck to yourself!

you too!

Deedsie wrote: »
    People all over the country have reported receiving the unsuccessful emails. A friend of mine who applied for Limerick received one. On this page, someone who had applied for Waterford has received one. Dont think its just Dublin anyway.

I think Melanie meant those who were doing tests in Inchicore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

mario84s wrote: »
    I think Melanie meant those who were doing tests in Inchicore

Ya I re read her post and deleted my comment straight away. Read it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I sat on Feb 15th in Inchicore, believe it could have been the very last slot, haven't heard anything back yet
    i'm in same boat, haven't heard anything yet, but girl from HR did say wouldn't get anything until near the end of month.

Guys, you are making me feel much better, thanks....!

I did my second set of Inchicore tests on 4th Feb, and apart from the 'can you do a last minute medical?' email have heard nothing further yet...

With any luck we'll all end up in the same training course together soon...!

CiboC wrote: »

here's hoping! mrs already has the extra pay i'd earn spent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Guys, you are making me feel much better, thanks....!

I did my second set of Inchicore tests on 4th Feb, and apart from the 'can you do a last minute medical?' email have heard nothing further yet...

I’m in the same boat, haven’t heard anything since the last minute medical.

Did anyone email them to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

I'm not so sure guys, they started the interviews last week.

I hope i'm wrong but i can't see Irish Rail interviewing all the 200 odd people who done the assessments. My guess is they are interviewing from the best results down until they fill however many places they are filling from this part of the recruitment drive.

Clodiagh87 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure guys, they started the interviews last week.

I hope i'm wrong but i can't see Irish Rail interviewing all the 200 odd people who done the assessments. My guess is they are interviewing from the best results down until they fill however many places they are filling from this part of the recruitment drive.

seems the time saving and logical way...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

seems the time saving and logical way...

I'm not sure they would waste money or time though bringing people in for a medical and not interview them?? A few people on here did the medical and passed and just waiting on the interview...

Once you have filtered down to the last group via aptitude tests other factors must come into play, otherwise why bother interviewing, just offer the places from top score down, and if someone refuses it or fails the medical just keep going down until all are filled?

• Advertisement

anon2019! wrote: »
    I'm not sure they would waste money or time though bringing people in for a medical and not interview them?? A few people on here did the medical and passed and just waiting on the interview...

the girl from HR told me and another lad that the proper way is to have interview and then medical. they had some slots available for medicals so they sent a few for it. rest of group will have interviews and then medicals when slots become available.
    she did say that the group who did the 16pf on the last day would not get interviews when they begin on the 21st(ish) but soon after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

So the people that have done the medical will also get interviewed it's just the other way round?
    the girl from HR told me and another lad that the proper way is to have interview and then medical. they had some slots available for medicals so they sent a few for it. rest of group will have interviews and then medicals when slots become available.
    she did say that the group who did the 16pf on the last day would not get interviews when they begin on the 21st(ish) but soon after that.

So the people that have done the medical will also get interviewed it's just the other way round?

that's the jist i got. basically i was told it's a very good thing that i'm doing 16pf as it means i'll have an interview. she didn't specify who will have interview first, those who already had medicals or those who are waiting for one. someone done their interview, maybe they'd know more?

one user sent an email on the 12th or 15th, can't remember exactly when, asking about medicals but didn't hear anything back. they're a little slower this week i suppose but i'd imagine it takes time to compose an interview as it will be based on the 16pf answers you already gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I already knew it but going by what the guy said on here about being rejected based on his BMI, that's me out too. Is there any point in me doing an interview/medical.......

Ah well!

Yes, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

why did they not become driver few years ago if they passed the course?

Different company.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I already knew it but going by what the guy said on here about being rejected based on his BMI, that's me out too. Is there any point in me doing an interview/medical.......

Ah well!

Irish Rail pay lots of people lots of money to reject applicants so let them accept/reject you.

Stay goin!

Ok, I bit the bullet and sent an email, and got a very quick response, and I think it is good news for some of us....? It's not a 'no, better luck next time' anyway!

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail and our apologies for the delayed communication, we are as you mentioned, particularly busy at present so we do apologise.

We will be in touch with you soon with an update.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Kind Regards,

The Resource Planning Team

• Site Banned Posts: 5 allcash

Its not the land of milk and honey
    They first opened it to all IE staff, did not want the job
    Then to DB/BE staff, they drained that pool fast, no more interested in the job
    Now open to the wider public

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

Ok, I bit the bullet and sent an email, and got a very quick response, and I think it is good news for some of us....? It's not a 'no, better luck next time' anyway!

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail and our apologies for the delayed communication, we are as you mentioned, particularly busy at present so we do apologise.

We will be in touch with you soon with an update.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Kind Regards,

The Resource Planning Team

Hopefully we know where we stand soon

• Advertisement

allcash wrote: »
    Its not the land of milk and honey
    They first opened it to all IE staff, did not want the job
    Then to DB/BE staff, they drained that pool fast, no more interested in the job
    Now open to the wider public

I dont understand what point you’re making?

• Site Banned Posts: 5 allcash

Ais123 wrote: »
    I dont understand what point you’re making?

Temper your expectations, posters seem to believe CIE jobs are the golden ticket, be realistic and you won't be dissapointed

emails regarding interview dates sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

allcash wrote: »
    Temper your expectations, posters seem to believe CIE jobs are the golden ticket, be realistic and you won't be dissapointed

This is specifically for the recent train driver jobs advertised, we've had loads of input and questions answered by people working in IR and actual train drivers. Everyone who's been following this thread has a good idea of what to expect.

emails regarding interview dates sent...

To them or to you?

To them or to you?

They sent out a few emails, seeing as it starts off with Dear Candidates...

They sent out a few emails, seeing as it starts off with Dear Candidates...

Guess that’s me out then because I didn’t get one :(

Guess that’s me out then because I didn’t get one :(

I got nothing either.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or did you all get the email for interview dates? (Those who sat phase 2 assessments).

I got nothing either.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or did you all get the email for interview dates? (Those who sat phase 2 assessments).

Maybe they are sending them out in phases, as two others got some earlier in the month both at different times.

• Advertisement

Maybe they are sending them out in phases, as two others got some earlier in the month both at different times.

Perhaps. Ah sure..we'll see. No point getting stressed about it anyway..not something we can change or control.

Advertisement