Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its only been one day,give it time.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've never gotten a picture of a mickey. :cool:

• Administrators Posts: 54,090 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!! Took the plunge. Finally got back on POF and Oh my fcukin GOD!!

A deluge! Deluge i tells ya! Of complete weirdo's and a few 22 year olds.... :( Fresh meat is right! Lots of wants to meet and added as favourites... If that's a line i ain't biting;)

Not had any mickey pictures yet though :rolleyes:

haha hilarious!!
    One of the most beautiful and interesting girls i seen on the site favorited me today.....
    I aint biting though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

awec wrote: »
    *awec runs off to search*

Ha ha you'll never find me Awec! I'm in disguise:cool:

I wouldn't mind but my profile is pretty crap. Just threw it up with the intention of honing it later!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »

You're too young! It seems to happen to the older ladies for some reason! I did get propositioned by a 22 year old though so the mickey pic should follow!:eek:

You're right, I won't find you. Because I don't know where to even begin my search! :pac:

It's ok Awec. When i've done it proper you can critique it for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

PM sent.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    You're too young! It seems to happen to the older ladies for some reason! I did get propositioned by a 22 year old though so the mickey pic should follow!:eek:

Not necessarily! I've gotten one mickey pic so far in the last couple of months since I joined. I'm 22
    Some amount of sleazebags on it!

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Not necessarily! I've gotten one mickey pic so far in the last couple of months since I joined. I'm 22
    Some amount of sleazebags on it!

are they actually taking pictures of it and sending them to yas?, seems like a lot of hassle jus to be blocked!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Oh I get mickey pics all the time. I'd be tempted to upload some google image mickeys and fire them back, but that would probably end with me getting blocked!

I've been mailing a guy for last few days. He seems lovely, and is cute... I wonder will he turn out to be crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Larianne wrote:
    PM sent.
    ;)

*Bandwidth exceeded. Please try again later*

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Oh I get mickey pics all the time. I'd be tempted to upload some google image mickeys and fire them back, but that would probably end with me getting blocked!

I've been mailing a guy for last few days. He seems lovely, and is cute... I wonder will he turn out to be crazy!

haha i wonder does he know he's been secretly analysed by a pyschologist :D

JimBob777 wrote: »
    haha i wonder does he know he's been secretly analysed by a pyschologist :D

He will if he reads this thread! Wouldn't that be an interesting first date if your date had secretly read all your posts on boards!

tatumkelly wrote: »
    He will if he reads this thread! Wouldn't that be an interesting first date if your date had secretly read all your posts on boards!

ah i'm sure he'll get over it ha,if he gets angry its because he does have mental problems, as any psychologist will tell ya... its called denial :pac:

Well clearly an hour in my amazing company would make him forget all about my posts here!

Anyone back from a date yet and wishing to analyse every word?

Had a laugh last night but not attracted to to guy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Had a laugh last night but not attracted to to guy. :(

Least it was a bit of fun if nothing else! Onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement

Least it was a bit of fun if nothing else! Onwards and upwards!

This is true but I hate feeling like the bad guy saying I'm not interested all the time. I suppose its not all the time. The guys I do like tend not to be interested in me damnit!

Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Chin up you!

You aren't the bad guy if you're telling them you aren't interested, it'd be way worse to lead them on! :)

This.

It'd be far worse of you to give some guys hope when you're not interested, bit of honesty goes a long way at times.

What's the deal with women taking photos in toilets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

On or off the toilet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

I've noticed that! There are loads of pictures in pub/ night club toilets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The one's I don't like are pictures of them plastered drunk at some hen party wearing a pink ballerina outfit that's about 10 sizes too small!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

It's why we travel in groups to the bathroom..
    photography sessions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Got a short ("Hello") style message from a cute guy this morning, would normally ignore something like that but he had a really good profile as well as bieng wuite fit so I sent him back a chatty message. He's just replied with a one-liner basically answering the question I asked at the end:confused: What's that about? I'm not inclined to keep messaging if it's going to be like pulling teeth!! I'd just say he wasn't interested but then he did contact me first.

What should I do? Another chatty one back in the hope of it developing a bit or just say it seems like we have a good bit in common and I'd be interested in getting to know him a bit better/meeting for a drink? Have found the latter scares some people off, but it's a winner with anyone who can't be bothered with endless messages (like me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Semele wrote: »
    Got a short ("Hello") style message from a cute guy this morning, would normally ignore something like that but he had a really good profile as well as bieng wuite fit so I sent him back a chatty message. He's just replied with a one-liner basically answering the question I asked at the end:confused: What's that about? I'm not inclined to keep messaging if it's going to be like pulling teeth!! I'd just say he wasn't interested but then he did contact me first.

What should I do? Another chatty one back in the hope of it developing a bit or just say it seems like we have a good bit in common and I'd be interested in getting to know him a bit better/meeting for a drink? Have found the latter scares some people off, but it's a winner with anyone who can't be bothered with endless messages (like me!)

You kinda answered your own question... You dont wanna keep messaging, so go with the 2nd option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Started chatting to a girl on Thursday evening, met up for a quick coffee as I was coming home from the airport this afternoon, this let on to a walk through a nearby park and then we decided to grab a spot of lunch together.....was not expecting much but we are now preparing for our second date to the cinema on Monday night!

I'm chuffed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ya if you like him and don't like trying to work with short replies like that, might as well just straight out ask him to meet; if he says no, conversation was going to end one way or another anyway, if he says yes, see if he can chat better in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

I get that a bit too :confused: what site are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

This is true but I hate feeling like the bad guy saying I'm not interested all the time. I suppose its not all the time. The guys I do like tend not to be interested in me damnit!

Boo.

Yup +1 here :o

Haven't been on boards in a while, but nothing major to update dates-wise!
    Was on three dates in the last two months, but none transpired to a 2nd one... but enjoying the banter meeting guys the real life way too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I never understand when this happens. He was the one to message you yet when you message him back to start a conversation he only answers the question you asked. Or worse in my experience they just say 'what about you?' to every question. Make some effort mate :p

To be honest I don't bother with these ones I just think if they can't be bothered making some effort in their messages what kind of date would it be. Normaly the guys I've had a bit of banter with online are the ones I've had the best dates with. I remember only sending a few msgs to one guy before we met up and never again, it was like talking to a wall a very awkward one at that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Date number 2 went well. Gave her a little peck good night after she dropped me home. Going in for the kill the next time I see her though :D

Another date tonight. Again, not attracted to the guy.

Break Time for me methinks.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Date number 2 went well. Gave her a little peck good night after she dropped me home. Going in for the kill the next time I see her though :D

Same happened to me and I'm thinking of doing the same......except when i go in for the kill it WILL be date number 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 wordisbond

Quick question. How do people feel about putting your location as Dublin if your not from there? I go there a good bit and plan on living/working there soon.

Reasons: More options and have ran into profiles of friends sisters/other awkward profiles before.

Ladies: Would you find this weird/dishonest?

Enough people do it mate.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Big oversized mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭amacca

Another date tonight. Again, not attracted to the guy.

Break Time for me methinks.

yup.....................same here after recent date....shes a nice girl, good looking, lots in common........just not attracted to her so not going to waste her time with third date

sometimes I wish I could control who I like.........the ones I do like have a habit of being unavailable or not interested in me..........I believe I am the butt of some cosmic joke......the universe is laughing at me I tells ya...laughing!

amacca wrote: »
    yup.....................same here after recent date....shes a nice girl, good looking, lots in common........just not attracted to her so not going to waste her time with third date

sometimes I wish I could control who I like.........the ones I do like have a habit of being unavailable or not interested in me..........I believe I am the butt of some cosmic joke......the universe is laughing at me I tells ya...laughing!

Meet your feckin twin!

wordisbond wrote: »
    Quick question. How do people feel about putting your location as Dublin if your not from there?

Ladies: Would you find this weird/dishonest?

Drives me mad to be honest. I want a guy who lives near enough that I can see him on the spur of the moment. I've chatted to guys, a date has been mentioned and then they drop the bombshell that they live in Laois or something.

Just got this...

"you look like grannie o sheiy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Who?! What?!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Hey guys and girls.

I trust that everyone is well.

I've been seeing a girl for around two months now, we've been on 7 dates since 2nd February and that includes a 3 and half week period without seeing each other as I was on vacation, was then ill for a week and she was tied up with work and other social activities.

I was initially worried that during this period without seeing each other, I thought she lost interest. I phoned her up (thanks to Larienne's advice earlier) and had a lengthy chat and she told me that this wasn't this case and that she wanted to meet again. She wants to take things slowly before committing to a relationship and really get to know each other first. She got out of a 5 yr relationship last August. We have smooched (she actually kissed me after date 3) and she refers to me as a really good-looking guy (Im okay, not exactly Brad Pitt!) so Im pretty sure she is attracted to me.

We really enjoy each others company, there hasn't been a single awkward or silent moment and I'm insanely keen on her, in fact more so than any girl I've met in the past number of years. She ticks all the boxes in terms of personality and looks. Should I continue to pursue? I don't mind the taking things slowly bit at all but I have a slight fear that a relationship won't develop out of it.

Or should I just relax, go with the flow and enjoy spending time together?

Thank you.

JimBob777 wrote: »
    are they actually taking pictures of it and sending them to yas?, seems like a lot of hassle jus to be blocked!! :eek:

I'd say it might be more of a copy and paste job. I doubt these photos are being taken specifically for their recipients, more of a *fire it around to 40 girls and see how many like what they see* type thing XD

Boo.

I have the exact same predicament :(

fat__tony wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls.

I trust that everyone is well.

I've been seeing a girl for around two months now, we've been on 7 dates since 2nd February and that includes a 3 and half week period without seeing each other as I was on vacation, was then ill for a week and she was tied up with work and other social activities.

I was initially worried that during this period without seeing each other, I thought she lost interest. I phoned her up (thanks to Larienne's advice earlier) and had a lengthy chat and she told me that this wasn't this case and that she wanted to meet again. She wants to take things slowly before committing to a relationship and really get to know each other first. She got out of a 5 yr relationship last August. We have smooched (she actually kissed me after date 3) and she refers to me as a really good-looking guy (Im okay, not exactly Brad Pitt!) so Im pretty sure she is attracted to me.

We really enjoy each others company, there hasn't been a single awkward or silent moment and I'm insanely keen on her, in fact more so than any girl I've met in the past number of years. She ticks all the boxes in terms of personality and looks. Should I continue to pursue? I don't mind the taking things slowly bit at all but I have a slight fear that a relationship won't develop out of it.

Or should I just relax, go with the flow and enjoy spending time together?

Thank you.

Go with the flow. If you're as keen on this girl as you say you are, you wouldn't want to back out of a possible relationship now, and end up wondering what could have been.
    She knows you like her, and your relationship with her started with going on dates, so it's not as if you risk ruining a friendship by trying to pursue it.
    Just take your time and enjoy, you obviously enjoy her company.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Go with the flow. If you're as keen on this girl as you say you are, you wouldn't want to back out of a possible relationship now, and end up wondering what could have been.
    She knows you like her, and your relationship with her started with going on dates, so it's not as if you risk ruining a friendship by trying to pursue it.
    Just take your time and enjoy, you obviously enjoy her company.

Thanks, appreciate the advice!

My head is in a bit of a spin lately, purely because of my interest in her.

I feel better now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement