Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is online dating worth trying?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I love when the Incels come out of the woodwork on these threads, always good for a belly laugh.
    Roastie cope

When I go to college next academic year in September, I'm planning on beginning dating. I've been told to try Bumble or Tinder but then I've also heard don't bother because the odds are not in your favor as a man (too many fish trying to bite onto a hook).

The thing is, I'm sure that I'm on the spectrum and a bit too weird for casual dating. Also never had and don't have any friends. in secondary school and worse, went to a single sex school so my opportunities are completely hampered unless I go online.

Keep your money to yourself and live below your means.
    When you're 40 they will be queuing up to you.

Men become more attractive with age, women 'hit the wall' at 30.

514612.jpg

Feminism destroyed women, they ruin men's lives and carry diseases from all these apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

^ I just watched a few of that guys videos.
    It’s quite clear that his entitled, bitter nasty attitude is what’s inhibiting him from meeting women, not the Chad’s stealing all the hot chicks or his fake news assumption that ALL women only like molesters, abusers and criminals and that’s why he’s having no luck.

The irony of him mocking the women on that app for ‘going for a good personality’ when he was referring to said women as a good healthy size/weight (as if they were cattle) and commenting negatively on their appearance wasn’t lost on me either.
    What an absolute hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Keep your money to yourself and live below your means.
    When you're 40 they will be queuing up to you.

Men become more attractive with age, women 'hit the wall' at 30.

514612.jpg

Feminism destroyed women, they ruin men's lives and carry diseases from all these apps.

You have clearly been out manoeuvred by Chad in the past and it still sticks in your craw. Maybe try not blaming the opposite sex or your peers for your failings and try a bit of self reflection and / or self improvement. You'd be surprised with the results you get if you keep the victim card out of play.

You have clearly been out manoeuvred by Chad in the past and it still sticks in your craw. Maybe try not blaming the opposite sex or your peers for your failings and try a bit of self reflection and / or self improvement. You'd be surprised with the results you get if you keep the victim card out of play.

There is a sickness spreading which is the lack of personal responsibility for the state of a persons life. Successful dating (by whatever definition) is dependent on effective communication, which is a skill, in itself... but many people ignore the development of communication skills. If they're unsuccessful, they seek external reasons for their failures, rather than accept the responsibility for their own lack of development. They're looking for a quick fix, instead of investing the time/energy to learn new methods to communicate better. Whether that's understanding others better, or being better at expressing themselves in the appropriate fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

That is the dude I was talking about... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

SusieBlue wrote: »
    ^ I just watched a few of that guys videos.
    It’s quite clear that his entitled, bitter nasty attitude is what’s inhibiting him from meeting women, not the Chad’s stealing all the hot chicks or his fake news assumption that ALL women only like molesters, abusers and criminals and that’s why he’s having no luck.

I noticed this myself. When i was looking at some incel mass-shooter on the news I was thinking "hmmm, objectively speaking I'd say he's better looking than me so why's he driven to murder loads of people over his lack of success with women?". It's a problem with their personality, not their looks. In fact in most cases they seem to just think it's beneath them to treat women with basic respect, not to be confused with a creepy madonna/whore worship/resentful rage, and lose the rag when acting like a massive spa gets them nowhere.

There is a sickness spreading which is the lack of personal responsibility for the state of a persons life.

I agree and it mostly affects women:

But it's somehow not culturally acceptable to shame women. It's a double standard. When a woman does something it's always 'not her fault'.

Feminists taught normal women to hate men and to behave like they are 10/10. This is a mainstream thing now in the west. What will happen is: they will get old, catch all kind of Tinder diseases (doctors don't know what to call any more) and end up childless, ugly, truly alone.

BTW I'm not a 'truecel' and rejected women making advances towards me. But I can see where they're coming from. It's a gyno-centric society, a woman is always 'right' and protected by all government institutions.

If you create a society that throws young men overboard there's only one possible outcome:

There's definitely a problem now with social cohesion in the western world.

My prediction is that most men will stop bothering with women. They will have more meaningful relationships with robots.

If a guy wearing a motion-capture suit makes more money in a day than all cam-girls in a week you know you have a problem:

(I know this is some right wing nut who made his dog do the roman salute, don't care about his politics)

I disagree. It's something that is common with both genders, and is perhaps more obvious with men, because they're the ones who usually have to do the first moves.

There are many problems growing due to the influence of feminism and pop culture for women... but TBH the toxic aspect of the internet is affecting people of both genders.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Ultrflat wrote: »
    If I want to identify my self as and alien from the planet ZOG. I will. :pac:

You people have one joke

• Advertisement

cian68 wrote: »
    You people have one joke

"you people"? :pac::pac::pac:

But it's somehow not culturally acceptable to shame women. It's a double standard. When a woman does something it's always 'not her fault'.

Feminists taught normal women to hate men and to behave like they are 10/10. This is a mainstream thing now in the west. What will happen is: they will get old, catch all kind of Tinder diseases (doctors don't know what to call any more) and end up childless, ugly, truly alone.

BTW I'm not a 'truecel' and rejected women making advances towards me. But I can see where they're coming from. It's a gyno-centric society, a woman is always 'right' and protected by all government institutions.

If you create a society that throws young men overboard there's only one possible outcome:

There's definitely a problem now with social cohesion in the western world.

My prediction is that most men will stop bothering with women. They will have more meaningful relationships with robots.

If a guy wearing a motion-capture suit makes more money in a day than all cam-girls in a week you know you have a problem:

(I know this is some right wing nut who made his dog do the roman salute, don't care about his politics)

I'm far from a feminist but the above is bullshyte tbh. Women have been shamed and vilified since the dawn of time and it still happens on a daily basis, from the story of Eve leading Adam astray to the Paddy Jackson rape trial. That they are somehow less than men is ingrained in the psyche and culture of billions of people the world over.

Your posts are the rantings of someone weak and pathetic. Someone that is looking to lay the blame for their own social impotence at the door of those that rejected them. For all the good things the internet has brought about, it has become an petri dish for the rejects of society to cultivate their own special brand of piteous musings. What ever helps you sleep at night though.

I'm far from a feminist but the above is bullshyte tbh. Women have been shamed and vilified since the dawn of time and it still happens on a daily basis, from the story of Eve leading Adam astray to the Paddy Jackson rape trial. That they are somehow less than men is ingrained in the psyche and culture of billions of people the world over.

TBF you're a lot closer to being a modern feminist considering the examples, and tone of the above paragraph. Would you be one of the "IbelieveHer" crowd?

It's a rehash of the idea that women have had zero (or, at a stretch, minimal) responsibility for how society developed, and the way that gender roles were encouraged... ignoring the influence that women had on keeping other women within the boundaries of those worlds. Or the conditioning of men by women through those gender roles (mothers, nuns, teachers, nobles, etc) to maintain the traditional system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Your posts are the rantings of someone weak and pathetic. Someone that is looking to lay the blame for their own social impotence at the door of those that rejected them. For all the good things the internet has brought about, it has become an petri dish for the rejects of society to cultivate their own special brand of piteous musings. What ever helps you sleep at night though.

That is nonsense and well you know it, both genders are at the mercy of radicals for different reasons since the dawn of time and even evident today....feminist radicals are even worse in my opinion to young women with the completely mixed message that they are just like men on the one hand and need to be treated like infants on the other.

As putrid some parts of the internet are for "encouraging" young men to feel they are better off on their own...at least it hasn't been embraced by mainstream culture.

TBF you're a lot closer to being a modern feminist considering the examples, and tone of the above paragraph. Would you be one of the "IbelieveHer" crowd?

It's a rehash of the idea that women have had zero (or, at a stretch, minimal) responsibility for how society developed, and the way that gender roles were encouraged... ignoring the influence that women had on keeping other women within the boundaries of those worlds. Or the conditioning of men by women through those gender roles (mothers, nuns, teachers, nobles, etc) to maintain the traditional system.

What's a member of the I believe her crowd supposed to mean? Are you doubting that Weinstein and many others did not sexually abuse countless women?

I also never said anything about women being above reproach. There is and has been wrongs committed by women to women. For example, the likes of cosmopolitan and other publications place immense pressure on looking a certain way while at the same time extolling the virtue of being yourself. The likes of love island and other shows that are geared at predominantly younger women are as exploitative as anything that's ever been on tv yet tens of thousands of young men and women are happy to apply to whore themselves out for their 15 minutes.

There are wrongs across the board with both men and women but if you asked me if I thought women were more sinned against than sinner then I'd have to say the former.

What's a member of the I believe her crowd supposed to mean? Are you doubting that Weinstein and many others did not sexually abuse countless women?

Now you definitely are sounding like a modern feminist since you've further expanded the point (rather than deal with the initial comment). You referred to the Paddy Jackson Rape trial, where my reference to Ibelieveher does make sense...
    I also never said anything about women being above reproach. <snip>.

There are wrongs across the board with both men and women but if you asked me if I thought women were more sinned against than sinner then I'd have to say the former.

Exactly, whereas I wouldn't make such a statement. How do you classify or estimate the wrongs committed? and who would be responsible with any degree of accuracy and fairness? Is being marginalised in the law, worse than being conscripted and used as cannon fodder? Where is the line drawn? Depending on culture and class, many ways in which women were discriminated against, men were also discriminated against... but that's something is often ignored in the rush to highlight perceived injustices towards women. (like womens suffrage vs universal suffrage)

As I said, the tone of your post was suggestive because it sought to emphasize women as being victims within society and throughout history. If you had made the point that people have been shamed and vilified since the dawn of time, then, I wouldn't be querying your 'I'm far from a feminist' statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Can we get back on topic and away from all this bollocks?

Who the f**k is Chad?

Also I’ve noticed success rates dramatically increase if you have a side phone to use to compliment your main phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Also I’ve noticed success rates dramatically increase if you have a side phone to use to compliment your main phone

What do you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

If online dating isn't the best, where's the best place to find a really hot, conservative/right leaning girl who's had a max of two sexual partners, preferably 1 or zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If online dating isn't the best, where's the best place to find a really hot, conservative/right leaning girl who's had a max of two sexual partners, preferably 1 or zero?

Your local nunnery, or your dreams.

• Advertisement

Probably China. :D (I'm not joking either)

Traditional dating is still very viable there, and you'll still encounter many gorgeous women with very limited experience. You'd need to learn some Mandarin though... relying on English limits the selection too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I met current and last gf on tinder. Very handy when used right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I met current and last gf on tinder. Very handy when used right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭iptba

This might be of interest to somebody
    18-year-old woman creates fake Tinder profile as a man after insisting that it's 'EASY PEASY' for guys to find matches online - but she's shocked when the experiment turns out to be a failure

YouTuber Alexander Grace teamed up with his friend Sada for the social experiment and gave her photos of himself to use
    She created a fake Tinder profile and expected to get a ton of matches
    But she only got a lot when she swiped indiscriminately; when she was more discerning, she got just a couple
    She was also frustrated that women didn't reply to her messages
    However, most of her messages began with generic 'hi' and 'how are you' lines

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8370535/Woman-creates-fake-Tinder-profile-man-assumes-easy-dates.html

Passenger wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I got two phones, one for the plug and one for the load
    I got two phones, one for the bitches and one for the dough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I just watched those gundam videos, absolutely hilarious! I used tinder for a about a month, god about hundred matches and hundred others who had liked me, but you had to pay to see who had liked you. That video made a very good point , internet dating is easy if you're prepared to drop your standards. Depends what you want. Obviously it's far better if you are in a big city. His point about the very hot guys is so accurate, my mate would fit that description and he could be on several dates a day if he wanted to be , again in Dublin....

I was doing a lot of swiping though admittedly around lockdown, as bored beyond belief at times....

Advertisement