Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Think you might want to be up high to get that kind of stuff here.
    Up at Johnny foxes and higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

blackius wrote: »
    Think you might want to be up high to get that kind of stuff here.
    Up at Johnny foxes and higher.

Yes at over 900ft above sea level, the pub stands a good chance of being smothered in wintriness come Wednesday morning. Lock in anyone?:D

prec_nordeuro-24.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The cold air won't get to Naas until around midday tomorrow onwards.

Even then according to Met Eireann thee will be sleet if we are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I Shall be hiking up that way 2moro as im gonna be over at Stepaside for the day :)

Timelapse hopefully of most of the afternoon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This seems to be another non runner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

This seems to be another non runner.

What do you mean by 'this'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

198772.png

friends in Scotland this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Iancar29 wrote: »
    im gonna be over at Stepaside for the day :)

Welcome to paradise!

Blizzard on the way :D
    10.00:)
    18.00:confused:
    23.00:(
    08.00:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

What do you mean by 'this'?

At the start of the thread it was reported that there could be snow at lower levels in the east, well this wont happen for sure.

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Welcome to paradise!

hahaha :)

IM heading over about 12 , maybe a few hail showers hopefully then snow in the evening :)

* STARTS DUSTING OFF CAMERA * :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Aboyne is the place to be :) 23.6c last tuesday, heavy snow this morning :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I'm in Kilkenny for the day - back about 7 - hope I don't miss anything ;)

*Camera primed and ready*

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Welcome to paradise!

543314_10150783354416718_631736717_12192956_621461020_n.jpg

LETS DO THIS!! :D

Aboyne is the place to be :) 23.6c last tuesday, heavy snow this morning :D

You sush!!! ... * :rolleyes:

SNow starting to trickle into the North Now
    560489_424935040856216_175249952491394_1905775_2097456684_n.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

well this wont happen for sure.

Never say 'won't' in connection with the weather. It could happen but may not happen.

Met Eireann Update

Tonight will be bitterly cold, but becoming dry in many inland areas. However, scattered showers will continue along Atlantic coasts and there will be some heavy showers in many parts of east Leinster and east Ulster, some of the showers falling as hail and sleet, with a risk of snow, mainly over mountains, where there will be some accumulations. Very frosty everywhere, with a risk of icy stretches. Minimum temperatures 0 to 2 Celsius, in a fresh northeast wind.

Can't argue with that, sounds fairly spot on to me.

well this wont happen for sure.

Never say 'won't' in connection with the weather. It could happen but may not happen.
    Rather than may,I'd use 2 words..probably won't.
    That netweather precipitation type radar is notoriously inaccurate in my experience.
    I'd be surprised if anyone is pegging snowballs below 1500 ft unless you're in the centre of a mtn range where further distance inland and proximity to high mountains will bring their weather lower.

@iancar I'd advise sally gap but get trogdor to go with you,be prepared to get stuck(you never can be too cautious) so bring supplies -stick to a time table and route -tell people the route and don't deviate!Text someone your location and conditions each time you have coverage so you're easier found if you don't return on time.
    Fill your tank.
    I doubt Johnny foxes will be high enough.

Yeah I think your right there black, Could get blizzard like, up round Sally Gap. Sadly anywhere else seems too low.

Anyway I'm bored today and here's a sat view of where the position of the low was at 10am. With some very bad paint work too,:)

198793.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I would say watch for development of two streamers with possible Isle of Man shadow effect but one fairly hefty streamer coming in across Meath with another coming across south Dublin and north Wicklow. These will become very active after about 4 p.m. and could drop large amounts of hail as well as some snow, while elevation will be a factor, so will local convection overcoming the elevation limitation. From 4 p.m. to about 0200h these streamers could become quite intense and develop some lightning. Uppers are not that marginal by event time and the column is being cooled by widespread snow in Scotland. Gradient wind looks to be increasing to reach about 25-45 mph. I would not undersell this event -- but given the range of outlooks we could safely assume that almost anything could happen. I think it will be a brief but significant event, would advise anyone with travel plans to consider leaving now as road conditions could become rather tricky in parts of Leinster and Ulster. Much less impact likely in west and south coastal regions. There's some chance of this splitting around Dublin with large local variations but I would not be surprised to hear about heavy wintry precip in higher portions of the city, if the Isle of Man shadow fills with a third streamer then it could be a brief taste of winter wonderland. Thunder potential seems highest from about 6 p.m. to midnight.

In these hail-snow combinations you may get arguments about what has fallen but a few inches of slushy white slippery stuff will have the same effect on the roads whatever it actually is -- and it could be mixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just heard reports of snowing in my area. Nothing falling at my door yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanks for your input M.T. :)

I'll be keeping a close eye out for those streamers later so. Might be heading to the cinema after work so will have to keep an eye out in case I could be in for tricky road conditions on the way home. I'm about 40km inland so may be a bit too far inland for significant accumalations although I am at just under 100m and in the immediate lee of a 150m hill so that could help for anything that may fall. I'll keep my faith :p

Very brief 'flurry' of hail here. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

7.6c DP 1.7c atm.

Strong onshore winds should keep temps above freezing overnight in the east at least within 5 miles of the coast.
    I wouldn't be too worried about icy roads in those circumstances.
    Further inland = different story

This is the warning for Wales from UKMET and I think it's a good guide to our potential away from coast

Rain is expected to turn to snow on high ground as colder air moves south across England and Wales on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some 2-5cm of snow is likely in places, mainly above around 200m with as much as 10 to 15cm possible above 300m. Little, if any, snow is expected to accumulate on roads and pavements below 200m. The area of rain, sleet and snow will clear from the north during Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hail

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

just had a tasty hail shower here in finglas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'll report if there is any snow in my area tonight. I'm at 250M, 6 miles from the coast.

BTW, we got a right pasting here early morning April 1st 2010. Most of it was gone by the afternoon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blue skies and perfectly nice in truth.

redsunset wrote: »
    This is the warning for Wales from UKMET and I think it's a good guide to our potential away from coast

Rain is expected to turn to snow on high ground as colder air moves south across England and Wales on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some 2-5cm of snow is likely in places, mainly above around 200m with as much as 10 to 15cm possible above 300m. Little, if any, snow is expected to accumulate on roads and pavements below 200m. The area of rain, sleet and snow will clear from the north during Wednesday.
    Agreed except our snowline's will be a fair bit higher due to a sea track.
    What's hitting wales will be crossing 100's of miles of land coming via northern England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Well if we're not getting any snow at low levels id gladly take some thunder,let's hope MT is right :)

Advertisement