Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treaty United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I could be tempted out of retirement if they need an experienced local goalkeeper. :D

They're training this evening in LIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

Any word on the attendees at the training last night?

AnonZen wrote: »
    Any word on the attendees at the training last night?

I've heard of no one that was there Tuesday, but a few from Galway are rumoured to be signing. Marc Ludden is one of them. He's a LB that's spent the last 7 seasons at Galway but couldn't commit to full time football, and Enda Curran was a name mentioned as possibly coming with him. Joe Collins whose a junior player from Ennis but was signed with Galway for the last two seasons as mentioned as a possible signing.

Transfer window closes today so the squad should be announced throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Madness really that with covid going on and only being told you were accept a week ago the transfer window is closing. You think some kind of an extension should have been in place.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Madness really that with covid going on and only being told you were accept a week ago the transfer window is closing. You think some kind of an extension should have been in place.

Oh but they did put an extension in place. Transfer window was meant to be closed on Monday and they extended it out to Thursday.

• Advertisement

Oh but they did put an extension in place. Transfer window was meant to be closed on Monday and they extended it out to Thursday.

Ya I would have thought a bit longer than that or at least if they had known earlier.

Was over 30 at training the other night.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya I would have thought a bit longer than that or at least if they had known earlier.

Was over 30 at training the other night.

Oh I agree, it's the FAI though, so do you really except much common sense out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How do you make a small fortune in LOI football?
    Start with a big one.

Didn't Pat Grace and his wife make a small fortune?

Squad to be announced tomorrow at 1pm. 26 players will be named in the squad.

• Advertisement

Good to see Aaron Fitz back at senior level. Hopefully Eds McCarthy signs too. Two very talented technical players who deserve to make it at senior level.

The squad itself is being named at one along with the release of the kit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Good to see Aaron Fitz back at senior level. Hopefully Eds McCarthy signs too. Two very talented technical players who deserve to make it at senior level.

The squad itself is being named at one along with the release of the kit I think.

Hopefully they get some merchandise out so people can help support them financially while the gates are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Probably too far out...but any word on audio commentary for the games this season...I typically work Friday evenings, so watching them on watchloi won't be a realistic option

Saw Mike Aherne confirm radio commentary at some stage on Twitter.

Dean George and Charlie Fleming seemed to have signed too. George played with Athlone last season and scored a hat trick against Shels in the cup last year. Fleming was signed with Cork last season but has mostly played with Cobh. Was up here in 2019 with Darren Murphy for pre season.
    breezy1985 wrote: »
    Hopefully they get some merchandise out so people can help support them financially while the gates are closed

Hopefully, I'm not one for buying kits but would pick up some merch to show my support and thankfully for Treaty they should have a good idea of other stuff that could make some money by looking at what clubs might have done last season.

Who's the second keeper?

AnonZen wrote: »
    Who's the second keeper?

Assuming you're talking about Shane Cusack. Played junior ball with Newmarket, but has played LOI with Limerick and Athlone. Was over with Colchester when younger.

Cheers, for some reason I had it in my head that he played outfield so initially it looked like only Tadhg in goals.

Think this is how the squad lines up.
    Goalkeeper:

Tadgh Ryan
    Shane Cusack

Defender:

Charlie Fleming
    Jack Lynch
    Shane Lowth
    Anthony O'Donnell
    Marc Ludden
    Alan Murphy
    Sean Patrick Guerins
    Mark Walsh

Midfielder:

William Armshaw
    Joe Collins
    Joel Coustrain
    Aaron Fitzgerald
    Clyde O'Connell
    Aaron Fitzgerald
    Edward McCarthy
    Conor Melody
    Edmond O'Dwyer
    Matthew Keane
    Callum McNamara

Forward:

Adam Foley
    Dean George
    Red Hanlon
    Sean McSweeney
    Kieran Mahoney
    Matthew McKevitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Matt Keane is from Killarney Celtic. A good junior player, not sure how he will do with making the step up, hes not even the best player in the Celtic team. But he has played a few times against Cork City in friendlies that the clubs play regularly and never looked too out of place. I'll be following with interest to see how he does and hope he is successful for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Any pictures of the jersey yet? Or is it the same as the women's team jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Think this is how the squad lines up.
    Goalkeeper:

Tadgh Ryan
    Shane Cusack

Defender:

Charlie Fleming
    Jack Lynch
    Shane Lowth
    Anthony O'Donnell
    Marc Ludden
    Alan Murphy
    Sean Patrick Guerins
    Mark Walsh

Midfielder:

William Armshaw
    Joe Collins
    Joel Coustrain
    Aaron Fitzgerald
    Clyde O'Connell
    Aaron Fitzgerald
    Edward McCarthy
    Conor Melody
    Edmond O'Dwyer
    Matthew Keane
    Callum McNamara

Forward:

Adam Foley
    Dean George
    Red Hanlon
    Sean McSweeney
    Kieran Mahoney
    Matthew McKevitt

As a lot of those players wouldn’t be that well known to all it would be useful if some info could be added if known. So William Armshaw I think is the same player who played for St. Michael’s and scored the winner in the 2019 FAI Junior Cup final.
    There are 3 ex Fairview players (Sweeney, O’Connell, Murphy) and one ex Boro (Fitzgerald) as indicated in previous posts. Red O’Hanlon has previously featured in the Limerick squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

There are four players who have come in that played with Galway Utd last year. Jack Lynch, Joe Collins (both Clare men), Conor Melody and Marc Ludden (both Galway). There was some talk about Enda Curran who would have been an excellent addition but not sure what happened with that. Matthew Keane and Shane Lowth are both from Kerry. I know nothing of either.

Are there any surprise omissions? Connor Ellis (work) is one. Ross Mann? I've noticed Dean O'Halloran was released from Galway Utd. Would he not have been worth a punt?

There are four players who have come in that played with Galway Utd last year. Jack Lynch, Joe Collins (both Clare men), Conor Melody and Marc Ludden (both Galway). There was some talk about Enda Curran who would have been an excellent addition but not sure what happened with that. Matthew Keane and Shane Lowth are both from Kerry. I know nothing of either.

Are there any surprise omissions? Connor Ellis (work) is one. Ross Mann? I've noticed Dean O'Halloran was released from Galway Utd. Would he not have been worth a punt?

Isn't Jack Lynch from Limerick, as in related to Lee Jay Lynch. Tommy Lynchs Son? Played under age with Limerick, went to Waterford I think, then Regional United before signing for Galway.

Shane Lowth played underage with Limerick previously also, can't remember if he made a senior appearance.

Ross Mann I think is work commitments also.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

He could be from Limerick alright. I read a post from the Clare Echo who have him down as a Clare man though.

https://www.clareecho.ie/five-clare-men-sign-with-treaty-utd/

Seems like there is plenty of representation from the various counties so Tommy can't be accused of not trying to draw players from the wider mid-west.

He could be from Limerick alright. I read a post from the Clare Echo who have him down as a Clare man though.

https://www.clareecho.ie/five-clare-men-sign-with-treaty-utd/

Seems like there is plenty of representation from the various counties so Tommy can't be accused of not trying to draw players from the wider mid-west.

Maybe lives in Shannon so.

mollymac57 wrote: »
    As a lot of those players wouldn’t be that well known to all it would be useful if some info could be added if known. So William Armshaw I think is the same player who played for St. Michael’s and scored the winner in the 2019 FAI Junior Cup final.
    There are 3 ex Fairview players (Sweeney, O’Connell, Murphy) and one ex Boro (Fitzgerald) as indicated in previous posts. Red O’Hanlon has previously featured in the Limerick squad.

Here's some info on lads.
    Tadgh Ryan, Jack Lynch, Marc Ludden, Conor Melody, Joe Collins.

These lads last played with Galway. Ludden and Melody have plenty of LOI experience over the years with Galway. Lynch and Ryan played underage with Limerick. Lynch played senior football with Waterford, Cobh and then Galway, while Ryan went over to Huddersfield for a few years before returning to Cork and then signing for Galway. Collins was a junior player with Ennis Town, rated highly but injuries have affected him in his two years at Galway.

Charlie Fleming, Anthony O'Donnell, Matthew McKevitt.

Fleming last played with Cork but didn't feature much I think and most of his LOI experience came with Cobh. Was up with Limerick in 2019 during pre season. O'Donnell played with Ringmahon and played LOI with Limerick A in the A Championship before playing with Cobh for a few seasons. McKevitt played with UCC and has been a key player for their Collingwood Cup teams.

Kieran Mahoney, Callum McNamara, Shane Cusack.

These lads all signed from Newmarket out in Clare. Cusack played with Limerick for a few years before going back to Newmarket. Also played with Colchester in the UK before returning home to play with Limerick.

Shane Lowth, Matthew Keane.

Both lads have signed from Killarney Celtic. Lowth played underage for Limerick and a couple of appearances in 2016 before moving to Cobh for half a season.

Sean Patrick Guerins, Mark Walsh, William Armshaw.

Yeah Armshaw has been playing with St Michaels for the last couple of years and before that he played underage with Cork and Limerick. Guerins is from Tipp, a member of the Defence Forces and plays with the Defence Forces team, not sure if he played junior football in Tipp. Walsh is from Nenagh and played with Athlone for a bit ten years ago.

Joel Coustrain, Dean George.

Both played with Athlone last season, George scored a hat trick in the FAI cup against Shels last season and Constrain has also played with Shamrock Rovers and Cork after returning from the UK.

Adam Foley, Red Hanlon, Sean McSweeney, Aaron Fitzgerald, Clyde O'Connell, Aaron Fitzgerald, Edward McCarthy, Edmond O'Dwyer, Alan Murphy.

All these lads have signed from Limerick Junior teams but have played senior with Limerick at one stage and some played with the academy bar Red Hanlon who I don't think played underage with Limerick or Edward McCarthy whose never played with Limerick.

Edward McCarthy played with Pike before moving to Birmingham at 16 and played with Cork U19s last season. Won the Munster Junior Cup at 15 with Pike.

Adam Foley also played with Cobh last season with a couple of other lads from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭somespud

Nice piece on the Sunday sports radio 1 show today remniscing Limerick senior football in the late 70s early 80s interviews with Pat Nolan,Dave Maheady and Eoin Hand some commentary also included.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11284904
    2 hours 6 minutes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Paddico

Great going to get a squad together that quick. Hopefully sound crowds for the second half of the season

Advertisement