Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm back! Numbers look awful for Limerick, and that's probably going to continue for a couple of weeks.

My wife was in Aldi in castletroy last week, and won't be going back for a while. Mostly fine, but ruined by a pair of old ladies with no masks on, one of which was having a hell of a chat with someone on the phone, saying how all the fools were wearing masks, and how the virus was a con. Not a peep from the guy on the door.

Did a Tesco click and collect shop instead.

They don't bother controlling the numbers going into Aldi anymore. Lidl has the traffic light system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

I'd keep an eye on that number. They seem to get regularly get changed the next day. The Covid app was showing 240 for Limerick on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (can't remember which), but now both those days are showing around 80 cases.
    Now I don't expect such a huge change this time but the number may be different when uploaded to the app tomorrow.

That was 240 over the 24th, 25th, and 26th. An average of 80 each day. There were no individual figures produced on those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hi MOD's,

Can you clarify if the users banned in this thread were given a thread ban or forum ban?

Also wondering as its New Years Eve can you remove the bans and let everyone start with a clean slate for 2021.

I see some users who were banned have had their bans lifted but not all which doesnt seem fair.

Happy New Year all and stay safe.

Kilburn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bicyclette wrote: »
    That was 240 over the 24th, 25th, and 26th. An average of 80 each day. There were no individual figures produced on those days.

That's makes sense, but that's not what the app showed at the time and it now shows individual numbers for each of those days. It may well have been a glitch, but I have seen the numbers change the day after they're announced more than once.

And the average over those three days is closer to 200 as there were only around 45 on the 26th.

Is there location breakdown of the numbers today?

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Is there location breakdown of the numbers today?
    That's usually released on a Monday.

That's usually released on a Monday.

Thanks. Hopefully the numbers in the city and Castletroy are low.

Is this what you are looking for? It goes to the 28th December. The New Ross figure is 998.6 per 100,000. (Not Limerick, I know, but possibly the highest in the country)

https://covid-19.geohive.ie/

Is this what you are looking for? It goes to the 28th December. The New Ross figure is 998.6 per 100,000. (Not Limerick, I know, but possibly the highest in the country)

https://covid-19.geohive.ie/

Thanks. Interesting data.

Awkward to navigate through the site using the phone.

Looking at the number of positive cases for the county. Even without showing months along the x-axis. The rate of infection is increasing significantly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

kilburn wrote: »
    Hi MOD's,

Can you clarify if the users banned in this thread were given a thread ban or forum ban?

Also wondering as its New Years Eve can you remove the bans and let everyone start with a clean slate for 2021.

I see some users who were banned have had their bans lifted but not all which doesnt seem fair.

Happy New Year all and stay safe.

Kilburn

Bans stand as they were not the first warnings etc etc. People can start with their slate crystal clean then in 2021.
    If you want to discuss this further you can PM the mods

Happy new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I'm back! Numbers look awful for Limerick, and that's probably going to continue for a couple of weeks.

My wife was in Aldi in castletroy last week, and won't be going back for a while. Mostly fine, but ruined by a pair of old ladies with no masks on, one of which was having a hell of a chat with someone on the phone, saying how all the fools were wearing masks, and how the virus was a con. Not a peep from the guy on the door.

Welcome back! I visited that shop, early on,and never went back. It wasn't just the customers who were behaving badly.
    We were in Dunnes, Jetland, last night. We shop late to avoid people. Someone we recognised was in there not wearing a mask, talking to staff and eating grapes or whatever with his mouth open as he went around. Bold as brass. Didn't give a fiddlers. Nor did the staff.

Same guy was in at the same time two weeks previously. That time we gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he might have forgotten his mask.

There are eejits everywhere....

I do all my shopping there, now. Best of the bunch.
    They don't bother controlling the numbers going into Aldi anymore. Lidl has the traffic light system.

I used to go to Lidl in Childers Road, for that reason. However, there is one member of staff and one contractor who refuse to wear a mask over their nose. I don't go there any more.

Thanks. Interesting data.

Awkward to navigate through the site using the phone.

Looking at the number of positive cases for the county. Even without showing months along the x-axis. The rate of infection is increasing significantly.

Do a search for @higginsdavidw on Twitter - this link might work https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He has a lot of analysis done and presented it in graphs. Its much easier to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Open your/her mouth and tell then as loudly as you like that they are a problem and need to cop on. What are security going to do ? Try to throw you out for doing their job ? Head office, here we come :pac:.

I'm only a 5'8" 11 stone male and have no problem telling anybody* in an indoors setting that they are not following the rules, which are in place for everyone's protection.

*obviously (with regard to the 'R' word in this thread ;)) I sometimes just don't think it's worth it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Open your/her mouth and tell then as loudly as you like that they are a problem and need to cop on. What are security going to do ? Try to throw you out for doing their job ? Head office, here we come :pac:.

I'm only a 5'8" 11 stone male and have no problem telling anybody* in an indoors setting that they are not following the rules, which are in place for everyone's protection.

*obviously (with regard to the 'R' word in this thread ;)) I sometimes just don't think it's worth it.

I commented to a man at a funeral he should probably put his mask on just to keep everyone happy and he told me to fup off.
    After that I dont bother. Everyone need to have some respect for others and responsibility but sometimes people feel they are above every one else and know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Was in Tesco in the Crescent earlier, seems people were shopping for the end of the world!

Worrying thing in this evenings press conference, 4000 extra positive cases over the last few days that have not been reported yet.

When Dr Tony says the current level 5 may not be enough, i assume he means no classrooms and a return to the 2km limit? Got an email today from my childs creche, they are due to open monday but said the staff are worried about the cases and asked if we were planning on sending our child to daycare, we have decided to keep him home next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

yop wrote: »
    I commented to a man at a funeral he should probably put his mask on just to keep everyone happy and he told me to fup off.
    After that I dont bother. Everyone need to have some respect for others and responsibility but sometimes people feel they are above every one else and know better.
    You made the comment. Many wouldn't.
    My comments are usually heard by everybody within 20 metres biggrin.png.
    Although the funeral setting might turn the volume down a bit.......

Do a search for @higginsdavidw on Twitter - this link might work https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He has a lot of analysis done and presented it in graphs. Its much easier to read.

Thanks.

Yes he got clear organize tables. Per head of population we are currently 4th. Looks like we jumped up the rankings in the past 2 weeks.

Can see Cork going badly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Don't forget the 22nd was the day of the contact not the day they realised you were a contact so they are not twiddling their thumbs for a week with the info at hand.

Also did they say it was from the school. Isn't that against GDPR?
    Most people are never told who is their contact

Schools are informing parents, probably in case they hear about school cases from elsewhere to put their minds at ease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I won't go into who's buddies with who in politics because it has little to do with covid and even less to do with Limerick, I will say if you Google the 2 parties it's the 4th or 5th result down

Now back to Limerick and COVID eh?

Newspaper article on Rathkeale, Limerick and nye restrictions etc

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40199442.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

gozunda wrote: »

Wouldn't fancy being on that shift tonight:eek:

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »

May tip off the Brits to block them from travelling.

Tests read yesterday 26,866, positive 5,573 with a positivity rate of 20.7%

Via Gavan Reilly on Twitter

Marty1983 wrote: »
    Tests read yesterday 26,866, positive 5,573 with a positivity rate of 20.7%

Via Gavan Reilly on Twitter

Strange that RTE news are reporting 1,754 new cases...

Strange that RTE news are reporting 1,754 new cases...

Some are retests in that figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is an IT issue affecting the reporting of numbers aswell.

It should also be noted that the number of positive swabs includes retests on already confirmed cases.

There are @9k cases yet to be reported, up from @4k yesterday.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1345078647070355458?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,106 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

banie01 wrote: »
    There is an IT issue affecting the reporting of numbers aswell.

It should also be noted that the number of positive swabs includes retests on already confirmed cases.

There are @9k cases yet to be reported, up from @4k yesterday.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1345078647070355458?s=19

Outside of this lads twitter I'm not seeing this 9000 number anywhere

In that same tweet thread shared by Banie01 it shows Limerick now 4th at 506.4 cases per 100k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Outside of this lads twitter I'm not seeing this 9000 number anywhere

That lad is reporting verbatim from the presser.

But here you go :) the 9k number is addressed here too.
    Coronavirus: 1,754 new cases and 11 more deaths reported as hospital numbers pass 500 (via @IrishTimes)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-1-754-new-cases-and-11-more-deaths-reported-as-hospital-numbers-pass-500-1.4448184

Thanks. The first IT article today didn't have the 9000 or the county breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

adaminho wrote: »

Must have been people from outside the village to blame.

Has there been any mention of who was inside ?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

A shebeen operating in a middle class limerick suburb for last week. Locals aware of it but no raid and no publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Glenomra wrote: »
    A shebeen operating in a middle class limerick suburb for last week. Locals aware of it but no raid and no publicity.

Did you inform the guards?

3394 new cases nationally today, no country breakdown as of yet but assuming it's at least 1/26th of that figure

• Advertisement

209 Limerick

209 Limerick

Ouch

209 Limerick

What's the electoral area breakdown?
    I can see up here it's in the two biggest holiday home or workers returning from the UK.
    Leaving the ports open will be some mistake on this governments part

Crazy that 209 wasn't even near the top of the list today

banie01 wrote: »
    That lad is reporting verbatim from the presser.

But here you go :) the 9k number is addressed here too.
    Coronavirus: 1,754 new cases and 11 more deaths reported as hospital numbers pass 500 (via @IrishTimes)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-1-754-new-cases-and-11-more-deaths-reported-as-hospital-numbers-pass-500-1.4448184
    Crazy that 209 wasn't even near the top of the list today

Any they have under reported by about 9k the last few days 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭topcat72

City centre today was the quietest I've seen it on a Saturday since lockdown 1. Work notably quieter also - it was more like a quiet Sunday.
    Maybe, finally, the message is sinking in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

topcat72 wrote: »
    City centre today was the quietest I've seen it on a Saturday since lockdown 1. Work notably quieter also - it was more like a quiet Sunday.
    Maybe, finally, the message is sinking in .

Probably a combination of people not knowing what day it is over Christmas and everything being closed!

yop wrote: »
    Leaving the ports open will be some mistake on this governments part

You have to self isolate for 2 weeks after coming in to the country so ports opened or closed doesn't make a difference

In saying that people didn't self isolate over the summer resulting in huge numbers so what were they expecting?

You have to self isolate for 2 weeks after coming in to the country so ports opened or closed doesn't make a difference

In saying that people didn't self isolate over the summer resulting in huge numbers so what were they expecting?
    Numbers over the summer were consistently low. The increase in cases coincided with the schools/colleges reopening and celebrations around county GAA finals in September.

652 today. It'll be interesting to see the next country breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do we know where in the county the huge outbreak is ? Please not an opportunity to blame Rath /ada

Do we know where in the county the huge outbreak is ? Please not an opportunity to blame Rath /ada
    Updated every Monday, so we should have the latest figures tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

I think that’s released weekly on the app, I’ve noticed it updated on Thursday as of the Monday the last few weeks.. I could be way off on this buts thats when I’ve noticed the updated figures per area on the app the last few weeks..

• Advertisement
Advertisement