Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Long Lane Letterkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 redmal09

Hi,

Just a small reply on this....my grandmother was a resident in hillcrest nursing home in long lane...she passed in november and on the day of her funeral, the hearse was attacked by snowballs! Some of the youths doing this were teens, and should know better. Im not from Donegal....but didnt think long lane was a very pleasant area to be in!! Doors locked on drive up the road etc!! Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Why don't you go live there then? It is not just 'a few kids hanging about'.
    Well what is it then? yeah ill go move house just to prove a point on a message board :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Why don't you go live there then? It is not just 'a few kids hanging about'.
    Well what is it then?
    Guys in vans hanging around shouting out offering kids Speed etc according to the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Well what is it then? yeah ill go move house just to prove a point on a message board :rolleyes:

Go up there and see what it's like at the least before you go making assumptions.

Go up there and see what it's like at the least before you go making assumptions.
    I live 10 minutes from it, so dont make assumptions about me making assumptions :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pique wrote: »
    Guys in vans hanging around shouting out offering kids Speed etc according to the papers.
    is that a kind of ice cream :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I live 10 minutes from it, so dont make assumptions about me making assumptions :rolleyes:

Oh so living close by allows you to know what it's like? Have you ever been up there?

Oh so living close by allows you to know what it's like? Have you ever been up there?
    yes to both of your questions.. its a little run down compared to the rest of Letterkenny but far from the ghetto its made out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

paulmclaughlin and oranbhoy67, you have both made your points so lets leave it at that now.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

OP, I think 3 pages on this should let you know to stay away from that general area. There are lots of houses/apartments to rent/buy in other parts of Letterkenny at decent money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 happylad13

Ive lived in meadowbank all my life and it isnt as bad as people say. If you give problems you will get them just the same as every other place you could live. And to say long lane is the worst you need to be deluded. Anyone says that obviously arent from letterkenny because if they were they would say oldtown or ballymacool are the worst. It may have times its bad but to be honest where doesnt? All everyone here has done is painted a picture without even knowing anyone in long lane because if you did they would say the same as me that its all lies and not as bad as everyone says

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Lived in Long Lane for a few months last year and never had any bother. The South Bronx it ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

avoid! Never felt safe there and that's coming from someone who's lived in tallaght.
    there are much better areas to live in for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ajaymaity

Hey,

I know this is an old thread. Just wondering how is Church Lane and Grand Central Apartments. I have potential offers to rent from them, but wanting an opinion from someone who's been living in Letterkenny for few years. I am not a local :)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ajay

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

One thread is enough to bump.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement