Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Reset

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

btw - the public sector in February, have been given a 3% pay-rise (over 3 years), that SIPTU are absolutely delighted with.

wouldn't this go against all the arguments in this thread pertaining to a Great Reset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There is some brand new magazine being sold here now, 'The Pulse'. The cover is 'photos of Joe Duffy, Roy Keane, Daniel O'Donnell, Colin Farrell, .....
    The caption is: "A special tribute to Nurses and all the Covid heroes whose sacrifice we applaud".
    'Ya couldn't make it up!

The health system has been inundated and health professionals have been working flat out

Conspiracy theorists have of course been working flat out to produce never-ending nonsense and denial about the pandemic to an audience of the ignorant who lap it all up without question and regurgitate it any chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

There is some brand new magazine being sold here now, 'The Pulse'. The cover is 'photos of Joe Duffy, Roy Keane, Daniel O'Donnell, Colin Farrell, .....
    The caption is: "A special tribute to Nurses and all the Covid heroes whose sacrifice we applaud".
    'Ya couldn't make it up!

A year of the Hospitals being basically empty - yet the spin now is that the Nurses are the Saviours of the Nation.

When, actually, it is the ordinary people who have borne this 'pandemic'.

btw - the public sector in February, have been given a 3% pay-rise (over 3 years), that SIPTU are absolutely delighted with.

So you think the health workers who took care of all the people that needed hospital treatment for covid, they don't deserve some recognition for it?

They also caught covid in large numbers,
    some of them died due to covid,
    and many of them have ongoing issues post covid,
    some of them potentially long term!!

I have to say it's your reaction that 'ya couldn't make up' !!!
    What kind of warped stuff are you reading that gets you into this kind of thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@PintOfView

Have you seen the videos of the "Dancing Nurses" (and 'Dancing Gardai').

The Doctors, Nurses, etc. will now take all the accolades that the media can imagine for them and all the SIPTU, IMO, INO, pay-rises that are possibly there.

For them their dancing was amusement. But with a serious undertone:- it was also their cute future Insurance Policy in case the people question and investigate the exact state of the hospitals at this time; and they will say, "We tried to draw attention to empty hospitals".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

@PintOfView

The Doctors, Nurses, etc. will now take all the accolades that the media can imagine for them and all the SIPTU, IMO, INO, pay-rises that are possibly there.

For them their dancing was amusement. But with a serious undertone:- it was also their cute future Insurance Policy in case the people question and investigate the exact state of the hospitals at this time; and they will say, "We tried to draw attention to empty hospitals".

You're saying their dancing was really them secretly trying to show the world that the hospitals were empty?

• Advertisement

@PintOfView

The hospitals have different areas and departments. The parts that deal with an infectious disease, like Covid, have been under severe pressure due to the pandemic, think ICU wards with ventilators. Once these fill up, that ward/department is full, patients have to go to other hospitals, once they all fill up, people start dying because hospitals have to choose who to save. And no they can't magically conjure fully trained staff.

Ignorant/paranoid/deluded people don't understand this, they buy into disinfo that there's no pandemic, so they go into hospitals, and film ONLY the quiet areas. Likewise, last year, some staff made some dancing videos. Like hospital wards and departments, not all staff are working 24 hours a day, there can be downtime for particular types of staff in particular departments depending on load. Ignorant people can't process context like that, so once again they conclude the whole pandemic is a "scam" because they saw some dancing videos.

Note the common denominator here: ignorance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Apoapsis Rex

<<Mod Snip - no swipes at other posters >>

You're saying their dancing was really them secretly trying to show the world that the hospitals were empty?

I'm saying that the Financial collapse of the economy here and worldwide is being attributed to a virus from which 99.5% of people recover. The doctors and nurses are the persons who at present must know this.

And in the future when this must be factually made know to the public; the nursing, doctor staff will be noted as falsely misrepresenting the situation.

But to mitigate their culpability in this - and to keep their pay-cheques and steady (union-clad) permanent jobs - when the public have been losing jobs, businesses and income;- they made the Insurance Policy dancing videos to be able to excuse themselves for not saying the actual situation.

I'm saying that the Financial collapse of the economy here and worldwide is being attributed to a virus from which 99.5% of people recover. The doctors and nurses are the persons who at present must know this.

And in the future when this must be factually made know to the public; the nursing, doctor staff will be noted as falsely misrepresenting the situation.

But to mitigate their culpability in this - and to keep their pay-cheques and steady (union-clad) permanent jobs - when the public have been losing jobs, businesses and income;- they madeb the Insurance Policy dancing videos to be able to excuse themselves for not saying the actual situation.

So millions of doctors/nurses/health care professionals all over the world are in on this but none have spoken out?

Are all doctors/nurses/health care professionals all over the world in "steady (union-clad) permanent jobs"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So millions of doctors/nurses/health care professionals all over the world are in on this but none have spoken out?

Fcuked it anyway, I thought we d be able to keep this one under wraps for another while at least, the easiest few quid I've ever 'earned!

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fcuked it anyway, I thought we d be able to keep this one under wraps for another while at least, the easiest few quid I've ever 'earned!

You need to get on to Soros and Bill Gates mate, free money for posting in little known forums telling people the virus i fake, sure I've just bought my third Ferrari this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You need to get on to Soros and Bill Gates mate, free money for posting in little known forums telling people the virus i fake, sure I've just bought my third Ferrari this year!!

Shower of cnuts those two, they never respond to me, think they can just throw me a few quid to keep me quite, and 'the union', don't get me started on those cnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But also they somehow give the game away cause they had to make a video of them dancing?
    Whoops I guess?

King Mob wrote: »
    But also they somehow give the game away cause they had to make a video of them dancing?
    Whoops I guess?

They are trying to warn us all through the medium of interpretive dance :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

'Ya couldn't make it up!

A year of the Hospitals being basically empty - yet the spin now is that the Nurses are the Saviours of the Nation.

When, actually, it is the ordinary people who have borne this 'pandemic'.

I can assure you mate the past year has been the worst I've ever worked, and that's saying something. There was about a 6 week period last spring where things were reasonably quiet for non covid services, mainly because we didn't know what was going to happen with the initial surge.
    The absolute numbers maybe have been down a little preparing and dealing with covid and the fact that people are isolated to the best of the hospitals ability but to say the hospitals have been 'empty' is plain and simple not true. You can believe what you like, doesn't really matter to anyone bar yourself but form my point of view it's been a disaster.
    In my speciality all emergency care continued throughout. All OPD appointments that were cancelled were followed up with a call (which is amazingly difficult due to the chronic inefficiencies of the HSE at times). Any patient that needed it was brought in.
    We continued procedures but they were all done with disgusting PPE that makes you sweat more than a sauna after a night on the pints 15 times per day.
    We continued OPD diagnostics and reported all as before.
    Training was ****ed and annual leave and study leave cancelled at numerous points throughout the year.
    At various points we were dragged into possible covid case ED assessment without choice taken from our usual speciality which is very difficult when that's not your usual bag.

I am in no way belittling what the population as a whole had to endure, the two are not mutually exclusive. My direct family were effected terribly both from a professional and personal level. I hate covid, I hate restrictions. It's ruining my job and my training. The right and wrong of lockdown and restrictions are another debate. But to say we had a doss year dancing around the hospital? Man.
    Do you think I spent the year sitting in the office and laughing in isolation? You think and medical staff want this? Want this 'hero' nonsense? Give me a break. I continue to do my job. Any patient needs me I see them. Covid or not. I've been spat and, coughed at, hit by covid and non covid patients this year the same as any other year. I still go and see them. Sit with them doing tests for 30 minutes. I got covid. I went home to my family and gave my pregnant wife and 3 year old covid. That's the job. I don't want to be called a hero. I'm certainly not. I'm doing my job that I'm well paid for. But it wasn't how you describe.

Interesting article on the pro life website Lifesitenews about the push for a global pandemic treaty and the Great Reset: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/24-world-leaders-announce-international-pandemic-treaty-to-implement-great-reset-agenda

Interesting article on the pro life website Lifesitenews about the push for a global pandemic treaty and the Great Reset: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/24-world-leaders-announce-international-pandemic-treaty-to-implement-great-reset-agenda

The author has taken normal information (leaders planning for future pandemics) and carefully inserted an anti-vax, anti-globalist narrative.

Example:
    "This final phrase could indicate the influence which World Economic Forum (WEF) founder and committed globalist Klaus Schwab enjoys over the 24 leaders. Just weeks ago, Schwab declared, “As long as not everybody is vaccinated, nobody will be safe,” a statement which in itself poses an interesting question about the trust which such leaders are placing in their much praised, but dangerous, experimental injections."

The bolded part is bull****, it happens throughout the piece. It's garbage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I can assure you mate the past year has been the worst I've ever worked, and that's saying something. There was about a 6 week period last spring where things were reasonably quiet for non covid services, mainly because we didn't know what was going to happen with the initial surge.
    The absolute numbers maybe have been down a little preparing and dealing with covid and the fact that people are isolated to the best of the hospitals ability but to say the hospitals have been 'empty' is plain and simple not true. You can believe what you like, doesn't really matter to anyone bar yourself but form my point of view it's been a disaster.
    In my speciality all emergency care continued throughout. All OPD appointments that were cancelled were followed up with a call (which is amazingly difficult due to the chronic inefficiencies of the HSE at times). Any patient that needed it was brought in.
    We continued procedures but they were all done with disgusting PPE that makes you sweat more than a sauna after a night on the pints 15 times per day.
    We continued OPD diagnostics and reported all as before.
    Training was ****ed and annual leave and study leave cancelled at numerous points throughout the year.
    At various points we were dragged into possible covid case ED assessment without choice taken from our usual speciality which is very difficult when that's not your usual bag.

I am in no way belittling what the population as a whole had to endure, the two are not mutually exclusive. My direct family were effected terribly both from a professional and personal level. I hate covid, I hate restrictions. It's ruining my job and my training. The right and wrong of lockdown and restrictions are another debate. But to say we had a doss year dancing around the hospital? Man.
    Do you think I spent the year sitting in the office and laughing in isolation? You think and medical staff want this? Want this 'hero' nonsense? Give me a break. I continue to do my job. Any patient needs me I see them. Covid or not. I've been spat and, coughed at, hit by covid and non covid patients this year the same as any other year. I still go and see them. Sit with them doing tests for 30 minutes. I got covid. I went home to my family and gave my pregnant wife and 3 year old covid. That's the job. I don't want to be called a hero. I'm certainly not. I'm doing my job that I'm well paid for. But it wasn't how you describe.

Would you care to comment on the fraudulent classification of deaths happening in hospitals? I've spoken to several medical professionals who are outraged by what's going on.

sabat wrote: »
    Would you care to comment on the fraudulent classification of deaths happening in hospitals? I've spoken to several medical professionals who are outraged by what's going on.

Who did you speak to exactly and what were their comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hahahaha. No you have not.

• Advertisement

Really? I mean....really?

I've spoken to several medical professionals who are absolutely delighted with the way things are going.

See what I did there?

AW Janey. where to start. "their 'responsibility' to 'ensure that the world learns the lessons', lol. sheeple are about to rattle 'roundabout already. cafe side-bars, shops, penneys, wot's to learn? There will be now Covid-21, but mostly, there will be creme de la cappucino.

"to improve... alert systems, data-sharing, research..." already there. The ppl have themselves convinced that they are not there.

The gem, "as long as not everybody is vaccinated, nobody will be safe". Stabbing people with needles [why not sabres?] is not a universally sought after action. And some ppl will be rightly wary.

I've noticed that a lot of these conspiracy sites also seem to carry pro life (anti-abortion) views!
    I can't understand why some people opposed to abortion somehow seem to be more susceptible to embracing wild stuff like the WEF / great reset / Bill Gates / etc?
    I don't doubt that the majority are probably genuine people, I just don't understand the connection?

It would be interesting to read a future historian's research into the source of these conspiracies!
    We know that plenty of fake news was manufactured in the past 10 years simply to attract particular audiences.
    This is in order to sell advertising, and generate money, just like with their bigger cousins, CNN and Fox News.

Is it possible that a lot of people were taken in by this stuff (fake made up news),
    and are now hooked on it? And believe it simply from exposure?

I see young people these days who get hooked on social media topics,
    and those media sites cynically feed them more of the same,
    so as to maximise the eye balls on screens,
    and thereby maximise the advertising opportunities and thus income.

I suppose conspiracies can also be a form of entertainment, and interest, for some people.
    It reminds me of the WWE, the professional wrestling world.
    I had been aware of it for a good few years before I realised it was completely fake,
    and all choreographed for entertainment.

So believing in conspiracies can be harmless fun, just like half believing the wrestling, etc.
    However it can also be a bit dangerous, both to the believers, and to the rest of the community,
    when dealing with real issues like covid, or climate change, etc.

And of course the conspiracies are made easier to believe due to real stuff that does happen,
    where large corporations, or industries, lobby and use PR methods to promote their interests.
    We've seen this clearly with big tobacco in the past, and with companies that damage the environment, etc.
    Google "oil industry climate change denial" for interesting views on that topic.

The bottom line seem to me to be that if we are concerned about getting truth of a story
    we need to approach all we read with a healthy scepticism,
    and anything that we consider important will need to be double checked, and fact checked multiple ways,
    particularly if gotten from less reputable sources.

If we don't do that we risk the facts from our entertainment worlds seeping into our real worlds!

(got a bit carried away there!!)

PintOfView wrote: »
    I've noticed that a lot of these conspiracy sites also seem to carry pro life (anti-abortion) views!
    I can't understand why some people opposed to abortion somehow seem to be more susceptible to embracing wild stuff like the WEF / great reset / Bill Gates / etc?
    I don't doubt that the majority are probably genuine people, I just don't understand the connection?
    There's a lot of crossover with conspiracy theories and extreme Christianity. A lot of conspiracy theories involve "end of days" ideas. For example how we keep being told that Bill Gates has patent number 666 or the vaccines have "Luciferiase" etc.

Since most conspiracy theorists just repeat what they are told from sources that also have extreme Christian and far right agendas, they just repost links without looking into those sources or thinking much about what's on those sources.
    And of course the conspiracies are made easier to believe due to real stuff that does happen,
    where large corporations, or industries, lobby and use PR methods to promote their interests.
    We've seen this clearly with big tobacco in the past, and with companies that damage the environment, etc.
    Google "oil industry climate change denial" for interesting views on that topic.
    Interestingly, most conspiracy theorists don't accept climate change either. This is also probably because of the right leaning in conspiracy theory sources, but also a general distrust of science and an anti-science mindset.

There's a lot of crossover with conspiracy theories and extreme Christianity. A lot of conspiracy theories involve "end of days" ideas. For example how we keep being told that Bill Gates has patent number 666 or the vaccines have "Luciferiase" etc.

Since most conspiracy theorists just repeat what they are told from sources that also have extreme Christian and far right agendas, they just repost links without looking into those sources or thinking much about what's on those sources.

Interestingly, most conspiracy theorists don't accept climate change either. This is also probably because of the right leaning in conspiracy theory sources, but also a general distrust of science and an anti-science mindset.

Anti-intellectualism, almost out of spite.

Honestly I don't know. I certainly haven't classified any non covid death as covid. Had a few patients with bad heart failure that had Covid when they died and if I think the covid was the acute cause of death then I put covid first and heart failure as the chronic background illness.
    If they die of heart failure and test positive for covid but I don't think covid was the cause of death I put heart failure as the cause of death.

Nobody has ever, or will ever tell me what to put on a death notification certificate. I don't even know how that would happen to be honest.

What have those medical professionals said? I'm genuinely interested.

Respiratory illnesses have been the straw that break the camels back for frail older people since the beginning of time. Many many nursing home residents unfortunately have pneumonia as their terminal illness and that goes as the cause of death on the cert because that is the acute illness that kills them. Their many underlying illnesses are mentioned but are not the primary cause of death. Covid does the same.

I don't know what people think happens but I'm just a guy that goes to work and does my job honestly and as well as I can. If any management figure ever interfered with my clinical work or my documentation I'd be dug out of them.

Nobody has ever, or will ever tell me what to put on a death notification certificate. I don't even know how that would happen to be honest.

I don't know what people think happens but I'm just a guy that goes to work and does my job honestly and as well as I can. If any management figure ever interfered with my clinical work or my documentation I'd be dug out of them.
    This has always made me wonder.
    At what point do people become involved in these global conspiracies?

For conspiracy theorists it looks like EVERY scientist, expert and in this case medical professional, is involved in some grand global plot.

Since this is the case, are these people recruited right out of post grad?
    Or is there special secret courses they all take where their professor sits them down and tell them their entire field of study is basically just a scam?

Nonoperational, maybe you just missed those classes/information booths...

This has always made me wonder.
    At what point do people become involved in these global conspiracies?

For conspiracy theorists it looks like EVERY scientist, expert and in this case medical professional, is involved in some grand global plot.

Since this is the case, are these people recruited right out of post grad?
    Or is there special secret courses they all take where their professor sits them down and tell them their entire field of study is basically just a scam?

Nonoperational, maybe you just missed those classes/information booths...

Similar thing with the drug companies and all that. I talk to pharma reps. I've gone to a few conferences that reps paid the registration fee. But even the reps wouldn't dare make any attempt to question my prescribing practices. They say "our product has good data, will you have a look". I'd have a look. I prescribe the best option for the patient. But some people are convinced we have a monthly whisky and cigar meeting where I get the tens of thousands left behind in a suitcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Respiratory illnesses have been the straw that break the camels back for frail older people since the beginning of time. Many many nursing home residents unfortunately have pneumonia as their terminal illness

Interesting point you make about pneumonia among frail older people. I requested a pneumonia vaccine when I got the flu shot last year but got no follow up.
    I thought that such vaccinations would have been a good anti-Covid management measure but seems not.
    Any comment on this?
    Best of luck with your work.

• Advertisement

Honestly I don't know. I certainly haven't classified any non covid death as covid. Had a few patients with bad heart failure that had Covid when they died and if I think the covid was the acute cause of death then I put covid first and heart failure as the chronic background illness.
    If they die of heart failure and test positive for covid but I don't think covid was the cause of death I put heart failure as the cause of death.

What have those medical professionals said? I'm genuinely interested.

Respiratory illnesses have been the straw that break the camels back for frail older people since the beginning of time. Many many nursing home residents unfortunately have pneumonia as their terminal illness and that goes as the cause of death on the cert because that is the acute illness that kills them. Their many underlying illnesses are mentioned but are not the primary cause of death. Covid does the same.

Yes or no. Are post-mortem covid tests being carried out on people who were admitted to hospital for other reasons?

The other poster asked you what those medical professionals said.

Why can't you say what they were outraged about?
    There were three, or more, can you not remember? or did you make that up?

Yes or no. Are post-mortem covid tests being carried out on people who were admitted to hospital for other reasons?

You have ignored questions asked of you and instead just come back demanding more answers, how about replying to the posts that asked you a question before harassing a poster who already answered you?

You have ignored questions asked of you and instead just come back demanding more answers, how about replying to the posts that asked you a question before harassing a poster who already answered you?

My question was my answer. If I ignore questions it's probably because the poster is on ignore.

My question was my answer. If I ignore questions it's probably because the poster is on ignore.

As a reminder, here is what you wrote:

Here's my question for that:

"Who did you speak to exactly and what were their comments?"

You're clearly not on ignore, feel free to repeat what I asked

• Advertisement

OK

OK

I wasn't talking to you. And now you're on ignore.

Wow, the shenanigans and dishonesty going on here are next level. Anyway the question is open

Great. That's now clarified. No need to call you any title whatsoever, not 'Doctor', not 'Consultant', just a Guy.

I've always thought these HSE doctors, consultants, advise only as political HSE loons. They withhold advice from public patients until the public patient themselves say a diagnosis, and then hym and haw, as to whether the public patient is correct.

They are the perfect 'contract' to 'contract' HSE hirelings that will obediently oversee populations reduction, and... death.
    With loons like these [whoops, Guys], the Hippocratic Oath is obsolete.

No I'm not, we both know I'm not, but I suppose that's a handy way of avoiding answering questions when pulled up for telling lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Great. That's now clarified. No need to call you any title whatsoever, not 'Doctor', not 'Consultant', just a Guy.

I've always thought these HSE doctors, consultants, advise only as political HSE loons. They withhold advice from public patients until the public patient themselves say a diagnosis, and then hym and haw, as to whether the public patient is correct.

They are the perfect 'contract' to 'contract' HSE hirelings that will obediently oversee populations reduction, and... death.

But you have thought a lot and have proven to be wrong every single time. Where is your proof in what you say now?

I can barely understand this, are you suggesting Irish medical professionals are in some conspiracy to reduce the Irish population?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I can barely understand this, are you suggesting Irish medical professionals are in some conspiracy to reduce the Irish population?

Yes and that they are all liars etc. No evidence but load of random words thrown together. How many people do we have working for and contracted to the HSE that must be in on it? 100’s of thousands?

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Don't worry, with private patients they are cloyingly sweetness and light (even though th VHI at one time was nationalised?).
    With private patients they probably urgently give multiples of diagnoses and urgent tests.
    For anyone else, a sooner death.

Foreign consultants (+ Irish) in the HSE, take their que from the financial Fianna Fail HSE.

Don't worry, with private patients they are cloyingly sweetness and light (even though th VHI at one time was nationalised?).
    With private patients they probably urgently give multiples of diagnoses and urgent tests.
    For anyone else, a sooner death.

Foreign consultants (+ Irish) in the HSE, take their que from the financial Fianna Fail HSE.

Sorry, this is borderline incoherent. Consultants take what cue from a political party to do what exactly?

Aren't you getting a bit ridiculous now!
    How are we supposed to have a reasonable discussion with that sort of stuff.

The unfortunate part is that you likely believe it, and think like that!!

From my experience the world is far from perfect, and there certainly are what you might call bad people.
    However the vast majority, despite individual imperfections, are good people, who help others, and want good for others, etc.
    I do hope, for your own sake, you can see that some day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: Cut it out, discuss civilly or not at all..

That goes without saying for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aren't you getting a bit ridiculous now!
    How are we supposed to have a reasonable discussion with that sort of stuff.

The unfortunate part is that you likely believe it, and think like that!!

From my experience the world is far from perfect, and there certainly are what you might call bad people.
    However the vast majority, despite individual imperfections, are good people, who help others, and want good for others, etc.
    I do hope, for your own sake, you can see that some day!

you only think they are getting ridiculous now????

Yes, every critical admission has a covid test. But it only goes as the main cause of death if that is the most likely cause of death and only if Covid is a likely dominant contributing factor. If someone falls from a ladder and has a brain bleed, no. And if it was it woudlnt be on the death cert as cause of death.

Ok mate. Whatever you fancy. I don't do private work. I only work with public patients. You come to the hospital with a heart attack and I'll do my best to save you, couldn't care less if youre public or private or whatever. Makes no odds to me.
    If it makes you feel better to post incomprehensible nonsense like that knock yourself out. What a deranged post.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Can somebody explain to me why, when someone brings up notions of "the great reset" or " Biden stole the election" or "we're being ruled by lizards" or whatever else there may be in Current Affair or After hours, they're pretty much immediately booted off there and told "The sane, rational adults are talking here - take that sh!t over to Conspiracy Theories"

So you come over to Conspiracy theories to see what people are saying and instead of finding an open non-judgemental discussion by people who believe in these things, its infested with a whole bunch of sceptics and naysayers, who spend their entire time playing whack a mole with people who want to discuss these things?

If you don't believe in any of this crap then maybe just shag off? If you want to have "sane, rational" conversations with other "sane rational" people then I would have thought, conspiracy theories isn't for you?

Why don't the mods here apply the same policy they do in Current Affairs etc. If conspiracy theorists can't debunk the official narrative over there, why can the smug chin stroking "I'm intellectually superior" types be given free reign over here?

You're creating a safe space for one narrative but its open season on another? Or at least rename this section to Scepticism?

"Aw, does the conspiracy theorist want a safe space from the mean people, who use pesky things like facts and logic?"

No but why do you get to have one and these people don't? Give a safe space to both or a safe space to none.

I mean I'm not a regular poster. I've just dropped back into boards for the last few months after a five year absence and won't be staying long due to crap like this. It just seems weird to me, if you want to grow engagement, that you allow only one side be protected and promoted unchallenged? Legacy media is dying because of this. You want boards to go the same way? OK.

I mean its no skin of my nose but please think of the sad types who are on here every day, debunking this and challenging that. We all know who they are. What will they do when no-one bothers posting here?

Won't you please think of the debunkers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement