Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Hopefully. The loss of James McLaughlin is huge though. Like the seniors going to battle without Shane Walsh. On the bright side he was one missing against Kerry and his replacement got man of the match. So you never know.

Yeh McLaughlin is a loss but Cian Hernon has played in the last 2 all Ireland minor finals and crime park will suit him,also was a stand out for the Bearna seniors this year,could be wrong but fancy them today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

On Sky Request-a-bet of O'Callaghan, Rock & Cillian all to score a goal @ 25/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Jfk66 wrote: »
    Dublin u20 v Galway u20

Ciaran Archer over 5.5 points 5/6
    Matthew Tiernay over 4.5 10/11

2 good bets IMO

Tierney is a serious player but just as word of warning galway manager o fatharta mentioned during week that he was touch and go whether he could start as he got injured against kerry in semi final and hasn't trained since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    PP free 5 euro bet on the game, l'll go with both teams to score a goal in each half at 9/1

Somehow I can claim there €5 bet twice so I get €10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Mayo to finally topple Dubs (9/2) F €5 PP
    Mayo +3 (15/8) F €5 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭pmurphy00

Mayo -3 @12/1

that's my bet today.
    There i've said it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

salmon1 wrote: »
    Really fancy the Galway u20 today,I know kerry were missing a few in the semi due to covid but so were Galway and they come back into the squad for today 11/8 will do for me

Scraped by 1.

I fancy Dublin over 1.5 goals at 10/11 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

Going to put on €10 as a no lose free bet. Thinking of putting it on the MOTM. I was thinking of backing 1 from Fitzsimmons, Byrne and Murchan in the hope that they will keep O Shea and O Connor fairly quiet. Any thoughts?

Not that type of day probably but Fitzsimons is always a big game performer, he has a high profile target today and at 33/1 might be a sniff of value. Won it in the replay 4 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

ianburke wrote: »
    think mayo had played 6 out of 7 weekends in a row so i'd give them the benefit of the doubt there. think they led at halftime and had no legs second half. i expect a dublin win because they always beat mayo in finals - but i think the bookies have the handicaps spot on. dublin to lift the cup at 1/4 all the way for me - at a guess i would expect a 5 point win but no more

if mayo start well i would be looking to get on the dubs -1 or 2 in running if the opportunity presents.

1/4 never in doubt. mayo 15 scores to dublins 16 but goals win finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Dublin are 4/6 for next years Sam. I thought they’d be 1/3. Seems to be an idea that a team that never loses are still beatable. Kerry having a lame duck manager even sweetens the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings Selections 19/12/2020:

Under 39.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    5pts 5-6 Paddy Power +4.17

Under 30.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    1pt 8-1 Boylesports -1

Tommy Conroy under 1.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    2pts 6-4 Boylesports +3

+6.17 for Jennings yesterday.

End of Season Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266 & Post #557):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 224.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: +18.36
    Jennings Total Selections: 100
    Jennings Total Winners: 38
    %: 38%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 127
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -14.4
    Boylan Total Selections: 74
    Boylan Total Winners: 25
    %: 33.78%

Jennings Remaining Outright Football Selections (Not included in above P&L)

Kerry to win All-Ireland title
    4pts 5-2 general

Tyrone to win All-Ireland title
    1pt each-way 22-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

Kerry-Tyrone to meet in All-Ireland final
    1pt 20-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

David Clifford Footballer of the Year
    2pts 5-1 Paddy Power

Tyrone to win Ulster
    2pts 4-1 BoyleSports

Tyrone and Cavan to meet in Ulster final
    1pt 14-1 Boylesports

Stephen O'Brien to win an All-Star
    1pt 13-2 Paddy Power

Raymond Galligan (Cavan) to win an All-Star
    1pt 50-1 Paddy Power

Ciaran Kilkenny Footballer of the Year
    5pts 2-1 Paddy Power

Boylan Remaining Outright Hurling Selections (Not Included in above P&L)

Limerick to win the All-Ireland Hurling Championship
    3pts 9-4 general

Wexford to win the Leinster Hurling Championship
    2pts 4-1 Boylesports

Name the All-Ireland Hurling Championship finalists: Limerick v Wexford
    1pt 14-1 Paddy Power

Gearoid Hegarty to win an All-Star Award
    3pts 2-1 Paddy Power

Diarmaid Byrnes to win an All-Star Award
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power

I will update the final totals once the player awards are finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

PP have the ladies football final total points at 35.5 which looks very high.Only 3 finals this century have been over that total and obv. they would have been played in September/early October.Both semis were high scoring in the semis but with the teams knowing each other so well this could turn into a dog fight.B365 have the line at 32.5 which seems closer to the correct line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think that's a bit high aswell., I'll have 30 on the unders I think. I'm expecting a close enough game with Dublin winning by 3 but I would love it to be a Cork win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finished on 21,

Never in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Does anyone know when the hurler and the footballer of the year will be announced? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Does anyone know when the hurler and the footballer of the year will be announced? Thanks

I read a couple of months ago that it was supposed to be February, but not sure if that's still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

What’s story with PP? Closed today is it

So I will have to go with unders again tonight in u21. Every game since u21 started back has been under bar Galway Laois.The pitches are just getting heavier n windy tonight too.Under 42.5 b365 line is 40 pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jfk66

Is under 40.5 worth a go if ya can’t get on 42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Thought the overs looked gettable enough tonight. Expected it a couple higher but o40.5 is a play for me. Can see at least 2-3 goals going in with these sides. Conditions look decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Poor game of hurling, overs never at the races at all tonight. Well done unders backers!

Good end to the year,reinvested a bit on Galway minus 4 v the Dubs 3rd of January but that's for another day.Happy xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Good end to the year,reinvested a bit on Galway minus 4 v the Dubs 3rd of January but that's for another day.Happy xmas.

Games not going ahead now

See PP have Dublin to meet Kerey in the All Ireland at 14s.Surely they are due to meet in semis?only reason I can make out for it being so big.

See PP have Dublin to meet Kerey in the All Ireland at 14s.Surely they are due to meet in semis?only reason I can make out for it being so big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Semi-finals are Connacht play Leinster, Ulster play Munster afaik.

I see the max stake is €28.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Semi-finals are Connacht play Leinster, Ulster play Munster afaik.

I see the max stake is €28.

Typical to have a max stake but that is a massive price in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Typical to have a max stake but that is a massive price in my opinion.

Isn’t there super eights this year though . Both teams would have to win there province win there groups and then there semi finals . Even at that still looks a decent price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

spurshero wrote: »
    Isn’t there super eights this year though . Both teams would have to win there province win there groups and then there semi finals . Even at that still looks a decent price

No super 8's, provincial winners into QF where they play qualifier winners, Munster and Leinster Champions on opposite sides of the draw, its a cracking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Where is this bet? I can’t see it..... I think it represents reasonably good value.

• Advertisement

dibs101 wrote: »
    Where is this bet? I can’t see it..... I think it represents reasonably good value.

Would you believe it's actually gone.It was in Gaa specials,under power prices.

spurshero wrote: »
    Defo somebody from powers following on here . Anytime somebody posts something up price changes very soon after .

Think so.

Any idea the dats when All Stars are announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Any idea the dats when All Stars are announced?

Back in September, it was said they would be named in February if the the Championship was finished in December as planned.

Who are your player of the years?

razorhead wrote: »
    Back in September, it was said they would be named in February if the the Championship was finished in December as planned.

Who are your player of the years?

On Kilkenny and Hegarthy double. Hegarthy is a certainty,will be close in the football I'd say with Fenton an obvious chance.

On Kilkenny and Hegarthy double. Hegarthy is a certainty,will be close in the football I'd say with Fenton an obvious chance.

Sorry 2 singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just spotted a bet on PP and thought it be worth sharing. It’s one of Mullanes picks.
    De Burca, TJ Reid, T Kelly, S Bennett & Barron all to get an all star
    That’s evens

I think that will come in
    Think TJ & Tony have done enough.
    The Waterford boys should be ok as is but if they get 7/8 out performances in the final that should seal it.
    Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Will much effort be out into the league this year ? Be hard to pick some winners !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Any tips the weekend ?🀪

These are the weekend tips Mark Boylan put up on the Racing Post. Someone in here used to track the results from the paper.

Over 3.5 goals in Kilkenny v Dublin
    2pts Evs Paddy Power

Over 4.5 goals in Kilkenny v Dublin
    1pt 9-4 Paddy Power

Tipperary + 3
    1pt 11-10 Paddy Power/BoyleSports

Tipperary +4
    2pts 10-11 Paddy Power

No Limerick goal
    5-1 1pt Paddy Power

Under 1.5 Limerick goals
    11-8 1pt Paddy Power

Under 50.5 points in Wexford v Laois
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Waterford
    2pts 11-10 general

• Advertisement

Hurling League Outrights

Tipperary to finish top of Division 1A
    1pt 4-1 general

Clare to finish top of Division 1B
    3pts 11-4 Paddy Power, Betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I should have posted it yesterday, Antrim were 8-1 to beat Clare today and +8 on the handicap. With lockdown easing quicker in the North and Antrim's past in opening league games in Div 1, I thought they had a good chance of at least covering the handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I should have posted it yesterday, Antrim were 8-1 to beat Clare today and +8 on the handicap. With lockdown easing quicker in the North and Antrim's past in opening league games in Div 1, I thought they had a good chance of at least covering the handicap.

Jaysus Corcaigh, be careful.

There's lads on this thread who totally lose their **** over anything that even approaches what they call 'aftertiming'.

Strange that some Karen hasn't mentioned it already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

There's lads on this thread who totally lose their **** over anything that even approaches what they call 'aftertiming'.

You're the only Karen here complaining about the fact people would complain...even though no one has complained!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

corcaigh07 wrote: »

:mad:grrrr aftertiming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Anyone with any info on how their counties are going etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

JeffKenna wrote: »
    You're the only Karen here complaining about the fact people would complain...even though no one has complained!

No one has complained. Okay. Must have dreamt it so.

Mod Note

If you, or any other poster, have an issue with a post report it.

Kindly don't refer to posters as 'Karens' or anything else or you will be carded and banned.

Take this as your only reminder.

Post about GAA betting, or don't post at all.

Been a while since we've had games but, as always, no aftertiming please.

Don't quote or reply to this post. Any issue, PM please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Anyone with any info on how their counties are going etc?

Peter Keane was on radio Kerry during the week and said "we have a few knocks" but didnt go into naming any players so not sure what to take from it.

Never get an easy game from Galway anyway so wouldn't have any money on Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I think these three (first two in particular) in D3 look like decent value at those prices:

Limerick @ 5/2 v Tipp
    Larries @ 9/4 v Derry
    Fermanagh @ 2/1 v Cavan

Advertisement