Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Jennings Selections 6/12/2020

Mayo -4 (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    4pts 10-11 general +3.64

Mayo over 1.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    3pts 6-4 Boylesports, Paddy Power +4.50

Mayo over 2.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    1pt 9-2 Boylesports, Paddy Power +4.5

Mayo over 3.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    1pt 14-1 Boylesports +14

Full house for Jennings, 4 excellent shouts & +26.64 points today.

Updated Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266 & Post #557):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 216.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: +12.19
    Jennings Total Selections: 97
    Jennings Total Winners: 36
    %: 37.11%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 116
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -13.68
    Boylan Total Selections: 67
    Boylan Total Winners: 22
    %: 32.84%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

dobman88 wrote: »
    Handicap -6 for the final? Seems like a gift

-5 with B365, max bet for me and hopefully the line moves and can cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Handicap -6 for the final? Seems like a gift

Handicap opened up at -4 with Boyles and -5 with Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Handicap opened up at -4 with Boyles and -5 with Powers
    There are probably a huge number of mayo fans backing them or at least with the handicap so it keeps the margin down. If you were to ask the bookies to predict the actual result I'm sure they'd go with 8-10+

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

-4 looks very tempting - 4/5 still with B356. Know Dublin have this record of the finals always being tight but think this team will have that as one of their targets.

Unknown at this point is the weather - who knows what it would be like on the day.

• Advertisement

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    -4 looks very tempting - 4/5 still with B356. Know Dublin have this record of the finals always being tight but think this team will have that as one of their targets.

Unknown at this point is the weather - who knows what it would be like on the day.

I am generally very reluctant to commit to handicap betting or overs/unders without knowing the conditions. However in this instance I cant see it having an effect, if its 'good' weather then Dublin can rack up a big score - looking at the 9 goal chances (not including the cynical pull downs) that Tipp were given, can you imagine Rock, O'Callaghan, Small etc. not taking at least half of those - and on the flip side if we get proper 'winter' conditions then Dublin are a much bigger and more physical team who will bully the Mayo backs in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I think -4 is an absolute gift. They've hammered Tyrone and Kerry last 2 years. I like the look of this Mayo team and I really think they will be the ones to have a proper crack off Dublin but its definitely a year too early for them.

As I posted previously, I was expecting it to be -6 and even that I'd expect to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I think -4 is an absolute gift. They've hammered Tyrone and Kerry last 2 years. I like the look of this Mayo team and I really think they will be the ones to have a proper crack off Dublin but its definitely a year too early for them.

As I posted previously, I was expecting it to be -6 and even that I'd expect to be covered.

It is -6 with Paddy Power. I'll be happy with a one point win as that's what is usually is against Mayo in semi finals and finals. I dont like betting on big matches with my county involved. Enough stress as it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

It is -6 with Paddy Power. I'll be happy with a one point win as that's what is usually is against Mayo in semi finals and finals. I dont like betting on big matches with my county involved. Enough stress as it is :)

Should be working for them :pac:

That's understandable. You're already emotionally invested. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I am generally very reluctant to commit to handicap betting or overs/unders without knowing the conditions. However in this instance I cant see it having an effect, if its 'good' weather then Dublin can rack up a big score - looking at the 9 goal chances (not including the cynical pull downs) that Tipp were given, can you imagine Rock, O'Callaghan, Small etc. not taking at least half of those - and on the flip side if we get proper 'winter' conditions then Dublin are a much bigger and more physical team who will bully the Mayo backs in particular.

But can we take yesterday as Mayo's defensive standard. Did they not go out to blitz Tipp, surely they can't play as open again. They know to beat the Dubs they need goals, but they know if they concede 3-4 they as done for. If yesterday was Mayo's standard, then the evens on Dublin scoring over 1.5 is like finding money in the street, and 11/4 over 2.5 is max bet territory as well. I will wait for inplay for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

Boyles opening Dubs at 2/5 and the handicap at 4 was short lived. Got a bet on -3 at 4/6.

Cillian o connor anytime goal at 11/10 is up with the worst prices I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

CorkeryABU wrote: »
    Boyles opening Dubs at 2/5 and the handicap at 4 was short lived. Got a bet on -3 at 4/6.

Cillian o connor anytime goal at 11/10 is up with the worst prices I’ve ever seen.

That is an embarrassing quote. Such a pity they dont offer not to score a goal markets.

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    That is an embarrassing quote. Such a pity they dont offer not to score a goal markets.

They used to and got caught a few times, I know I had an account closed for it, a certain prolific forward named to start at 14, but I had gotten word on the Friday that he was starting centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

CorkeryABU wrote:

Random stat:

Lee keegan has found the net against Dublin in his last 3 championship games against them.

Random stat:

Lee keegan has found the net against Dublin in his last 3 championship games against them.

Would love to get a price on Keegan getting a black/red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

CorkeryABU wrote: »

Shocking price I mean have Dublin even given up a goal chance so far this year?

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Shocking price I mean have Dublin even given up a goal chance so far this year?

Ah they have to be fair - Westmeath had a shot cleared off the line, Laois hit the post and Meath defintely had a few half chances early in the game. And I would say none of those carry even remotely close to the attacking threat that Mayo do.

O'Connor has 5 goals scored and is by far the most likely Mayo goal scorer, PP are the biggest at 9/4 so will be interesting to see if that holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Pogue eile wrote:
    Ah they have to be fair - Westmeath had a shot cleared off the line, Laois hit the post and Meath defintely had a few half chances early in the game. And I would say none of those carry even remotely close to the attacking threat that Mayo do.

Pogue eile wrote:
    O'Connor has 5 goals scored and is by far the most likely Mayo goal scorer, PP are the biggest at 9/4 so will be interesting to see if that holds up.

Also, he's the penalty taker, but i wouldn't touch the 11/10 myself.

Re: Anytime Goalscorer prices, this isn't an isolated incident, Boyles are very rarely top price in the Anytime Goalscorer market.

Re: Anytime Goalscorer prices, this isn't an isolated incident, Boyles are very rarely top price in the Anytime Goalscorer market.

I have accounts with 8 different firms and bet across 3 sports in general. In the first 6 months this year less than 2% of my bets were with Boyles - they are pretty much never best price on anything - some of those 2% were simply to keep the account open by taking prices that could be got somewhere else.

• Advertisement

I have accounts with 8 different firms and bet across 3 sports in general. In the first 6 months this year less than 2% of my bets were with Boyles - they are pretty much never best price on anything - some of those 2% were simply to keep the account open by taking prices that could be got somewhere else.

I only really punt on GAA and YTD ~25% of my bets have been with Boyles. I usually only get involved in match odds, handicaps, total points & total goals markets and they aren't as far out of line in those. I'm very price sensitive.

I guess it depends on what markets you punt on :confused:

I only really punt on GAA and YTD ~25% of my bets have been with Boyles. I usually only get involved in match odds, handicaps, total points & total goals markets and they aren't as far out of line in those. I'm very price sensitive.

I guess it depends on what markets you punt on :confused:

Yeah that's true, I bet on 3 sports and volume wise GAA would be third - and most of my GAA betting would be on club matches where invariably PP and B365 are the most competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jfk66

Max bet for me this evening
    Galway u20 v Laois u20 hurling championship
    Galway -12 5/6 with paddy power
    Same line is -14 with BoyleSports expect this to come in

Jfk66 wrote: »
    Max bet for me this evening
    Galway u20 v Laois u20 hurling championship
    Galway -12 5/6 with paddy power
    Same line is -14 with BoyleSports expect this to come in

On paper that looks a great bet, considering Galway's pedigree and how the respective counties faired in the corresponding minor championships.

Not in Ireland at the moment, what is the weather like, its about the only factor that I think might dissuade me from this one.

On paper that looks a great bet, considering Galway's pedigree and how the respective counties faired in the corresponding minor championships.

Not in Ireland at the moment, what is the weather like, its about the only factor that I think might dissuade me from this one.
    Weather is dry probably be a shower or 2 before throw in -14 now with paddy and -15 with boyles probably still expect either to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Defo somebody from powers following on here . Anytime somebody posts something up price changes very soon after .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

You can still select -14 at 4/5 on Boyles - thanks for the heads up lads - expect this to come in.

-13 10/11 with b365 is worth getting the hammer out for

I'm nearly sure paddy opened Galway Laois at 11s.

• Advertisement

Game is on TG4 YouTube.

Advertisement