Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

New bakery opening on Albert Walk soon by the looks of it. Its where the chinese take away "sing yeng" used to be.

If i ever won the lotto, i'd buy out that strip and restore it into an old Victorian strip mall. That little walk deserves better than the crap and dereliction thats there and the chinese guys leaving their cigarette butts outside their own bloody shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

What happened to the Gala on the main st. Is it gone for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

I was told it was. It just vanished, was in good nick, good staff, no sale sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

That little walk deserves better than the crap and dereliction thats there and the chinese guys leaving their cigarette butts outside their own bloody shops.

It's not only the Chinese guys leaving their butts there - outside Players is worse. And at least they bring some life to the area and they sell some pretty good stuff in the market.

Other openings - Platform Pizza and the bakery on the Main St.

Went to Mt Everest of Kathmandu there yesterday for the first time. Very nice early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Any more new shops? How does one join the Council?

Run in next Junes elections

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

The new bakery is open on Albert Walk, HALF PRICE goods today. I bought a scone and a pastry for €1.30. Just had the scone and it was lovely. Nearly twice the size of some others i've bought before too.

Well, Oli's is gone, heard a Burrito place is opening there? Great, 2 take-aways beside each other. Just what the area needs.

That little bakery has stopped doing their scones, but still have some seriously nice stuff in. Seems to change all the time, got 10 little mini jam filled crossants this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I don't think the Burrito place is just a takeaway. Run by the Oli's people.

The Cinnamon whirls from the bakery are very good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Costcutter in Little Bray is Closing Today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Really?! I go in there quite a bit and thought it was doing okay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Candeela

What's going to happen to the post office in the Cost Cutter shop? I find that really handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Post office staying open in the interim. Bad news about Costcutters. That building seems to be cursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Don't think the post office will be staying open for long. Can't see the unit being taken over as a shop/newsagents again as its too big so the post office may need to be moved elsewhere. Only part of the shop that seemed to make money was the off licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I see apache pizza is opening on the Main Street. Does anyone know what's going in where foundation was??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

danois wrote: »
    I see apache pizza is opening on the Main Street. Does anyone know what's going in where foundation was??

Yes i think its a Apache/Lams same as in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

danois wrote: »
    I see apache pizza is opening on the Main Street.
    Whereabouts exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Whereabouts exactly?
    right beside Hollands, pretty sure it was an estate agent there beforehand.

Oli's is gone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Whereabouts exactly?

Beside Holland's... just what we need, another takeaway. :rolleyes:

Oli's is gone?!

Its now a mexican takeaway

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,426 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Its now a mexican takeaway
    Yes, got a flyer through the door yesterday ... called the 3 Amigos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Oh Mexican you say? Can't wait to get a flyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,426 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Preusse wrote: »
    They have a website www.3amigos.ie and a Facebook page (3amigosbray), but there's no useful info on either as yet.

It's TexMex really, i.e. Burritos, Chimichanga, Fajitas, Tacos and Salsas.

I could easily scan and post up the flyer, but not sure if that's allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Why did the town council allow more takeaways esp on the main street

Don't think the council get much of a say on who landlords let shops to. Also in my opinion its better than it being idle

Don't think the council get much of a say on who landlords let shops to. Also in my opinion its better than it being idle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

A shop or bank requires a change of use to become a takeaway from the planning authorities.

Shame on the local councillors. There's no shortage of fast food on and around Bray Main street.

A shop or bank requires a change of use to become a takeaway from the planning authorities.

Shame on the local councillors. There's no shortage of fast food on and around Bray Main street.

Local councillors do not decide on planning applications!

Terry Pratchet

Preusse wrote: »

Oli's still running the show there.

I got some fajita there and thought it was pretty gank, but everyone should try it just to see anyway.

• Advertisement

Local councillors do not decide on planning applications!

http://braytowncouncil.ie/pages/planning.php

Then who does? :confused:

Advertisement