Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

Probably but just remember she’s older prob set in her ways and will be missing a lot of people from her own life at this time of year so count to ten and make her feel welcome

Naw I am mid fifties, with the benefit of hindsight doing the eight years would have been the better end of the bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having a drink, worrying about somebody I'm fond of.

I'm having a drink thinking about somebody I'm fond of.
    Problem is they aren't fond of me !! Hmmmm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sleepy time, sweet dreams all x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Til next year folks...

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

Sleepy time, sweet dreams all x

Goodnight mon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It all over :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy St Stephens day :) and Grem Happy Christmas :D

Night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hope they'll be ok Harry .

Hope so too mammy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gway you Auto :P I think i'm making new years dinner for the missus though, perhaps that counts?.

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm having a drink thinking about somebody I'm fond of.
    Problem is they aren't fond of me !! Hmmmm

I dunno if there fond of me neither, but I'll be awake all night worrying

• Advertisement

I dunno if there fond of me neither, but I'll be awake all night worrying

Ach, well i'm here for the night Harry if ya want to sh1te talk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In bed now, feeling a little melancholy at the fact that Christmas is over. Such a build up and then it’s over so fast. Had a lovely day and everything, ate plenty and spent time with family but it’s always a bit sad when it’s over I guess

Hope everyone here had a lovely day, whatever way you chose to spend it x

honeybear wrote: »
    I have to ask ... where is Mum?

She left about a half hour ago....

Ach, well i'm here for the night Harry if ya want to sh1te talk :)

Shy talk grem.. it would be a long drawn out conversation.. coincidentally, shythawk is one of me favourite insults. Still worried about me pal tho. I won't sleep till I know she's ok

Poor ould Harry

Poor ould Harry

I'm ok grem, just suffer from anxiety as I'm sure many posters do, whether they admit it or not. I was talking to a pal that was down in the dumps, shared some dark thoughts with me and then went off the radar. Of course I'm gonna worry

I'm ok grem, just suffer from anxiety as I'm sure many posters do, whether they admit it or not. I was talking to a pal that was down in the dumps, shared some dark thoughts with me and then went off the radar. Of course I'm gonna worry

Oof, me too and have been in that situation, anxiety can really take the ball and run with it.. Pig of an affliction

Nearly home time, bed calling me.......

An hour or so to go here, we can do it Bubbly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Bedside, waiting for the bathroom to be free so I can have a shower, then going to have a nice fry. Then we will be heading homeside, hope the traffic isn't too bad. Have a good day one and all:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Kids up early today. They wanted to see if santy came again last night! Anyways they are happy out here playing with their toys and I'm waiting to go back for my second sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, took the mutt to the vets, he has an eye infection so has lots of drops for the next 5 days.

Had our party at a friends house last night, so no cleaning up to do :):)

Nearly home, tea, toast and into the cot for me, some painting to be done later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Walkies Tick
    Cats fed Tick
    Hangover Tick
    Strong coffee Tick

Morning All!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Nearly home, tea, toast and into the cot for me, some painting to be done later.

I read that as panting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am up and coffeeing and trying to think of ideas to entertain the troops on a cold wet windy day.

Hope your buddy resurfaced ok Harry.
    Hope everyone else has a mild hangover and a happy tummy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee number 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Anyone else have family members try to kill you yet. Standing in the kitchen chatting to my sister and her hubby hands her a bag. Chatting then notice her shaking nuts out of the bag onto her hand.

Being deathly allergic it scared the ****e outta me. Really fed up of my family's total disregard and having nuts in the house. Feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy St Stephens day :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Brilliant!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Our traditional St Stephen's Day Family Hill Trek is deferred to tomorrow due to the weather. So, a gang of our children and grandchildren are heading this direction with board games in hand. I have copious amounts of coffee brewing, kettle boiling, mince pies, pudding, etc lined up.

Just putting a match to the fire now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Autosport wrote: »

Don’t you mean Happy Stephensssss Day😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Planning two surprises for two someones.
    Second coffee. This morning was the worst endometriosis / adhesions pain I've had in months. I had to go back on the strong painkillers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Planning two surprises for two someones.
    Second coffee. This morning was the worst endometriosis / adhesions pain I've had in months. I had to go back on the strong painkillers.

Sorry to hear you are in pain.

Sitting at one of the most depressing places in Ireland as voted by the good people if AH.... Monaghan bus station.

Waiting to see if eldest gets a seat to the airport before he continues to Laois to see his dad, Stepmom and sisters.

Youngest is going tomorrow as he wants to stay with his gf for tonight.

He's on. Am away home me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭gifted

Captains Log....12pm....26th Dec.

Got the crew up and decided on healthy breakfast....had a fruit bowl with yogurt.....since then there has been a comeback by the Lindt chocolate brigade..also the cheeseboard has been attacked.....also the Cadbury heroes chocolate tub has also been raided ...turkey and ham has also been pilfered.....so it's fairly safe to say that the healthy eating plan has been well and truly kicked into touch......also put a space scooter together and cleaned and lit the stove.....I'm off to bed, see ye next year....lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Wrapped in my new giant dressing gown and eating apple tart while waiting for the annual new DVD viewing to begin. For the 11th consecutive year my choice has lost the sibling vote by four votes to one. I blame santy for never bringing me the sister I repeatedly requested as a child

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Wrapped in my new giant dressing gown and eating apple tart while waiting for the annual new DVD viewing to begin. For the 11th consecutive year my choice has lost the sibling vote by four votes to one. I blame santy for never bringing me the sister I repeatedly requested as a child

That brings back memories! Here’s a Honeybear tip bolgbui41 ...
    In our house, girls outnumbered the boys 2:1 so my brothers used to bring over their friends to skew the voting when we wanted to watch a “Darcy film” (i.e a period drama)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just waiting on son and family to arrive for dinner .

Harry , I hope you hear from your friend soon ,.

Anxiety causes "catastrophising". If you already have naturally strong instincts your radar will start going haywire when there's a sign of something being not quite normal. Conversely it can make you doubt your correct first instincts about a person or situation.

I'm sorry you've been left to worry.

Oof, me too and have been in that situation, anxiety can really take the ball and run with it.. Pig of an affliction

Wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy grem. I was diagnosed with pstd at 17, and with that comes the anxiety.. I'd be fine for months, years even and then it just hits like a ton of bloody bricks. Back on topic, I'm going to visit me ma today and there will be drinks had. Many drinks. I didn't lick it off the stones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

In cork, visiting my granny in a nursing home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just in from a trip to kiliney to see the fancy houses.
    And a walk.
    And a nerve steadier.

Balmed out on the couch watching gold finger and eating ham sandwiches, god I wish I was as smooth an operator with the ladies as bond is 😏😏

😃😸

If that's Daniel Craig, I never saw the attraction. He looks so humourless and po faced.

If that's Daniel Craig, I never saw the attraction. He looks so humourless and po faced.

No Sean Connery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No Sean Connery.

That's the Sssh-ctottish accent.

Couchside, back from a 5k run.

After having some trifle, might go for seconds soon.

Gone on an involuntary trip down memory lane..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is there any limit to the amount of Brussels sprouts that you can eat in one day ?

Been put to bed, feel like Ive been run over. Bloody weak and dizzy and shivering today. It's much like stepping onto dry land after a month at sea. I hate to lose the best part of a day feeling useless. Time for my trusty hairdryer. Targeted pain relief!

Gone on an involuntary trip down memory lane..

Hope theyre the comforting, rather than troubling kind?. Lately I've been ambushed by dreams and memories of someone I had and still have very confusing feelings about. It is just like you say, involuntary. I attribute it to the time of year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement