Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options
  • 03-02-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,

Just saw there are new houses for sale in Hollywoodrath, Hollystown.

Does anyone know anything about this area?

Would appreciate any opinions and advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There is no area as such. Up until a few months ago it was a farmers field. Closet place to it is Tyrrelstown. At the moment it looks like they're just about finished the show houses and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kel98

OK, I see, thanks. It might be a bit risky to buy there so since it's not obvious what kind of infrastructure and facilities will be put in there.

Have you actually gone there for a look? Probably best to do so to get an idea as to what's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kel98

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Have you actually gone there for a look? Probably best to do so to get an idea as to what's around.

Not yet, but will when I get a chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

There is no area as such. Up until a few months ago it was a farmers field. Closet place to it is Tyrrelstown. At the moment it looks like they're just about finished the show houses and that's about it.

The development is taking place in an area that is located within the townland of Hollywoodrath, which is adjacent to the townland of Hollystown.

Theses are historically recorded townland names for this specific area, which date back a number of centuries.

• Advertisement

I know exactly where it is and what the names of the townlands were before now, I'm just saying that there was nothing there apart from farming land until they started building on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I know exactly where it is and what the names of the townlands were before now, I'm just saying that there was nothing there apart from farming land until they started building on it.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm not sure if there's something getting lost in translation.

The poster asked what the area was like. I said there was nothing there apart from farm land until they started building, I wasn't implying thatit was previously a blackhole with no name.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

kel98 wrote: »
    OK, I see, thanks. It might be a bit risky to buy there so since it's not obvious what kind of infrastructure and facilities will be put in there.

It's a five minute walk from Tyrrelstown. No further from the main shopping/schools area than many parts of Tyrrelstown itself. Don't get this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

It's a five minute walk from Tyrrelstown. No further from the main shopping/schools area than many parts of Tyrrelstown itself. Don't get this post.

In addition to the above, there's a golf club nearby, a petrol station and the N2-N3 by-pass road next to the estate ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I see the new phase is launching in September. How do you walk to the schools from here?

5 minute walk if even from where the show houses currently are if/once they open a new entrance on the roundabout there, otherwise 10 minutes or so. Depends on how far back in phase 2 you're talking about but could be up to 2/2.5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I see the new phase is launching in September. How do you walk to the schools from here?

You've to go via ttown village I think unless they put a pedestrian route access beside the roundabout.

Just coming back to this quickly, drove past yesterday and they are building a road from the roundabout beside Hollywoodrath into the school.

I've read that's it's for the secondary school but no access to the primary schools. They don't own the land between the two in order to link the current roundabout at the primary schools with the new road into the secondary, and therefore presumably footpath. Although I'm sure an unofficial track will eventually be worn between the two.

Ah right, I've no idea of the layout up there, I've never actually been up near the schools and assumed you'd be able to access the primary schools from that road also. My mistake if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jack m

Just asked, and asking for 300k-380k, aircraft noise throughout the day, the flight path overhead

I'm on flight path, pretty much, and it's not as bad as you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

jack m wrote: »
    Just asked, and asking for 300k-380k, aircraft noise throughout the day, the flight path overhead
    300K for the 3 beds, 380K for the 4 beds I presume?

jack m wrote: »
    January wrote: »
    I'm on flight path, pretty much, and it's not as bad as you'd think.

Plus it's all wind depending, you can go for days without seeing one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Plus it's all wind depending, you can go for days without seeing one.

The vast majority of movements happen on runway 10/28. The other runway 16/34 is rarely used. For the most part its only used when there's essential maintenance on 10/28 or when there's a southerly wind. So we've either take offs or landings throughout most days. I cant remember a period in recent times where 16/34 has been used for a whole day never mind a couple of days. You must be the estate agent in Hollywoodrath ;)

I'll just add estate agent to the massive variety of roles I've been accused of having over the years on this site, wherever do I find the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoxyC

Hi all. We were first time buyers newly married and bought a type b1 style house off plans in phase one (3 bed semi d). We moved in August Bank holiday weekend. We are originally from Lucan and found this gem online. We view 100+ properties over the last year before finding Hollywoodrath! The house is exactly what you see. We signed within 21 days (give or take a few) and there was no issue with getting the appliances which included fridge/freezer dishwasher microwave oven and hob. The houses are spacious, finished to an extremely high standard and are unbelievably energy efficient. The estate iself has started to fill up with pleasant neighbours consisting of couples and families alike. All very nice a simple hello and wave from most or the offer to come in for a cup of tea from others. Great sense of community and security. Regency the builders and mcpeakes were all fantastic during our buying process. They always took our calls and we're very accommodating. Regency go above and beyond with their customer service and they really do go the extra mile with a welcome card and bottle of wine! Even after we bought we had more questions and Laura from regency is so pleasant and was genuinely happy for us when she rang to say sale has gone through come and collect your keys! We were greeted by paddy the forman and Patricia from Regency when we got our keys and they went through everything that comes with the house. They are both really nice fantastic people and nothing is to much trouble. We were able to get Virgin TV an alarm and panda waste collection all within a day as regency have laid the ground work with them. The houses do no come with floors except the bathrooms which is the norm so we waited until the floors were down to move in! The air tragic? OK I'm a fussy person and a light sleeper I noticed the noise once the first night and haven't noticed it since! When your in the house the noise is non existant when your in the garden which is spacious and comes with a free patio BTW! You can hear the planes but it's not that bad it lasts 30 seconds a few times a day also we are actually enjoying a bit of plane spotting when we are out pottering in the garden as does any guests we have had especially the children. The local amenities are fantastic schools both secondary and primary shops petrol stations take aways off licence lidl aldi and supervalue all within a short drive. Not to mention blanch shopping centre 10 minutes away. There is so much more doctors pharmacy barbers salons taxi rank etc... The list goes on. We commute to work near bray and with the schools being back it takes an hour either way at peak times but for us it's well worth it! We are close to out family on Lucan and the commute to work isn't that bad! Budget for tolls each month with the two of us using it each day twice a day it's 168 per month. Only traffic we ever hit is on the m50. I hope this information and our experience is useful for any potential buyers of Hollywoodrath!

Welcome to boards RoxyC Regency/McPeake/Paddy/Patricia. Next time you're singing your own praises at least have the decency to use a paragraph or two.

I use RoxyC as Roxy was my first pets name and C because it is the initial of my first name! You have no clue and a sad sad existence if you come on boards purely to pick apart peoples posts. I have no affiliate to any of the people involved with Hollywoodrath or the area. As I am new to both. I decided to check out the forum as there is an open viewing today for phase two and decided it may be beneficial to share my experience as a resident for any potential buyers. As for "singing my own praises" I posted my own personal experience from the point of view as a resident people can choose to take this hoe they wish. I do not go onto boards to pick apart people nor accuse them of being members of various businesses! What happened in your life that you are so synical negative and rude? Happy posting everyone else!

RoxyC wrote: »
    I use RoxyC as Roxy was my first pets name and C because it is the initial of my first name! You have no clue and a sad sad existence if you come on boards purely to pick apart peoples posts. I have no affiliate to any of the people involved with Hollywoodrath or the area. As I am new to both. I decided to check out the forum as there is an open viewing today for phase two and decided it may be beneficial to share my experience as a resident for any potential buyers. As for "singing my own praises" I posted my own personal experience from the point of view as a resident people can choose to take this hoe they wish. I do not go onto boards to pick apart people nor accuse them of being members of various businesses! What happened in your life that you are so synical negative and rude? Happy posting everyone else!

Generally a first post to boards that reads like an ad normally is an ad. The post reads like the inside cover of a brochure for the development. You'll have to excuse my cynicism, but I'd be quite sure the post is a fabrication.

I won't excuse anything. You are rude and negative. I am relatively young and this was my first post I genuinely wanted to share my experience as a resident of hollywoodrath. I wanted to share with potential buyers what I had believed to be excellent customer service! And as a 100% genuine owner of a house in Hollywoodrath I found the house and the process brilliant from regency mc peakes and the builders. The area is nice we walk our dog every day Explorering the new area! This is my experience that I wanted to share with others not to be accused of things! I chose to commend these people and not go online and defame the bank that gave us grief during the mortgage process or the various contractors we used that have poor service. My mother's raised me to believe that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe your guardian should have thought you the same picking apart people's post and accusing them for the Craic. What is your comments benefiting to the topic or than accusing me?

RoxyC wrote: »
    I won't excuse anything. You are rude and negative. I am relatively young and this was my first post I genuinely wanted to share my experience as a resident of hollywoodrath. I wanted to share with potential buyers what I had believed to be excellent customer service! And as a 100% genuine owner of a house in Hollywoodrath I found the house and the process brilliant from regency mc peakes and the builders. The area is nice we walk our dog every day Explorering the new area! This is my experience that I wanted to share with others not to be accused of things! I chose to commend these people and not go online and defame the bank that gave us grief during the mortgage process or the various contractors we used that have poor service. My mother's raised me to believe that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe your guardian should have thought you the same picking apart people's post and accusing them for the Craic. What is your comments benefiting to the topic or than accusing me?

You're being agressively defensive which is not normally a trait of genuine commentators.

VeVeX wrote: »
    You're being agressively defensive which is not normally a trait of genuine commentators.

I am a genuine person with a genuine opinion. Aggressively defensive no defensive yes. I am defensive because you pick apart my post acuse me of being a fake? Working for regency or the other businesses? Comment on my writing style. I woke up this morning and merely wanted to post a nice comment about our experience and you pick my comments and or characteristics apart. And all for what? What is your purpose? Please tell me why you want to pick apart a girl posting a nice comment about a nice experience she had? You are adding no value to the questions being posted on this topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,276 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

VeVeX, if you have an issue with a post then please report it, but any more badgering of other posters like this will see you taking a break from the forum. Similarly RoxyC, we prefer that posters don't respond to posts like that by attacking back, so similarly please use the report post function in future.

Advertisement