Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen Rewards changing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

In relation to AppleGreen rewards, how to the points actually accumulate?

I have a card for the past few years that I use occasionally but when purchasing petrol yesterday the assistant advised they were no longer scanning loyalty cards and that all points had to be spent by 4th Oct.

Logged into my account to see what great rewards were available and on recent activity I can see all my fuel purchases with the balance showing as 2,231pts. On my home page however it says I only have 493 points which looks less than useless in terms of a swap. No means of transferring points to another member so is only option donating them to charity in 100 point lots.
    jomalone14 wrote: »
    I have the same issue so I’ll be ringing them tomorrow.
    On my home page it says I have 865 points. My transaction page last week, it showed 1175 points. Now the same page is showing 775 and nothing for a couple of transactions I made last week before the deadline.
    I know a colleague of mine let a few thousand points accumulate for years or so he thought. When he went to spend them last year, he was told that some had expired. Not sure of the outcome.

Did you ever get an explanation.
    Logged in again to find my balance at 1,362 which at least matches my home page now. No record showing of the 2,231pts balance that was in my recent activity last week but at least now it looks consistent. Quite a surprising variation in the rate you appear to earn points at, early on it was averaging at nearly 80% so on a €80 spend you got 64pts but this year rates were as low as 66% so the same €80 spend only earned 53pts. Never used the account previously but quite beneficial being able to see all your fuel purchase details.

What’s the actual expiry date, some sections of their website say 04-Oct-19 while other sections show 11-Oct-19 and that any points not spent prior to this date will be converted into in-store rewards. No details of what those in-store rewards might be but can they not at least have consistent information on their company website.

Jees, the rewards are terrible, anything of value such as a €10 gift card is 2,300pts. A single cinema ticket is 1,400pts and while the SSE Airtricity €10 discount for 1,000pts is best I'm not with SSE Airtricity so useless to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Did you ever get an explanation.
    Logged in again to find my balance at 1,362 which at least matches my home page now. No record showing of the 2,231pts balance that was in my recent activity last week but at least now it looks consistent. Quite a surprising variation in the rate you appear to earn points at, early on it was averaging at nearly 80% so on a €80 spend you got 64pts but this year rates were as low as 66% so the same €80 spend only earned 53pts. Never used the account previously but quite beneficial being able to see all your fuel purchase details.

What’s the actual expiry date, some sections of their website say 04-Oct-19 while other sections show 11-Oct-19 and that any points not spent prior to this date will be converted into in-store rewards. No details of what those in-store rewards might be but can they not at least have consistent information on their company website.

Jees, the rewards are terrible, anything of value such as a €10 gift card is 2,300pts. A single cinema ticket is 1,400pts and while the SSE Airtricity €10 discount for 1,000pts is best I'm not with SSE Airtricity so useless to me.

I called them today as I wanted to get it sorted before the deadline tomorrow. It now appears they've extended the deadline for points spend until Friday 11th October.
    The girl on the phone told me the reason the home page points amount doesn't tally with the transaction page amount is that they are refunding expired points to users accounts. She said for some unknown reason the home page isn't updating accordingly.
    I'm a little puzzled as in my case, I always spent my points every 2 months once the total rose to 1,000 and received 10 euro off my Airtricity bill. I never have let points accumulate and expire.
    Anyway, the nice girl on the phone gave me a few extra points to bring my balance up to 1,000 and I've just claimed my reward....for the last time.

The new points scheme, when announced, will only be for spend in-store. No fuel apparently. This ends my days of loyalty, filling up solely with Applegreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

What phone number did you use. There not answering 01 5124884, left several messages in the last week also emails. No response. Not very loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

koura wrote: »
    What phone number did you use. There not answering 01 5124884, left several messages in the last week also emails. No response. Not very loyal.

That’s the number I used and got through to them. I had left a message asking for a call back also but they didn’t return the call. I’d say they’re probably inundated with queries so keep persisting.

Advertisement