Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS vs The IRA ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I am 1000000000000.34203% sure that we should have a United Ireland. Some Northerners say they're British. I say, **** off home then.

A United Ireland would definitely reduce the amount of violence caused by the IRA. I find it ridiculous to say that. We shouldn't need to have phrases like "United Ireland". Those Brits ruined the country.
    Well if you're sure, that's it then. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Well if you're sure, that's it then. :rolleyes:

My subconscious mind ignores sarcasm. If you're trying to be sarcastic it isn't working.

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread that promotes or is at least on the topic of a United Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ISIS. They would just butcher a few villages (man, woman, and child), and video themselves executing the people.

The people at the top plan the fighting, and use the stupid people to blow themselves up. It gets rid of those afraid to fight, whilst killing the enemy.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

the_syco wrote: »
    ISIS. They would just butcher a few villages (man, woman, and child), and video themselves executing the people.

The people at the top plan the fighting, and use the stupid people to blow themselves up. It gets rid of those afraid to fight, whilst killing the enemy.

You seem to know a lot about ISIS. Should I be worried? :eek:

Congratulations, my 69th post was made in response to you. Lucky you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I am 1000000000000.34203% sure that we should have a United Ireland. Some Northerners say they're British. I say, **** off home then.

A United Ireland would definitely reduce the amount of violence caused by the IRA. I find it ridiculous to say that. We shouldn't need to have phrases like "United Ireland". Those Brits ruined the country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

the_syco wrote: »

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings. Plus I don't know how ISIS would manage to land such a large force in Ireland. The IDF vs ISIS or Hizbollah vs ISIS would be a more fair fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I propose we airlift the entire membership of the IRA / ISIL and all who sail with them to the great continent of Antarctica. We can sell the PPV rights to SKY (BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!) and make a financial killing. Whoever wins this fight to the death gets a free polar bear to cuddle up with. Or a penguin....whichever.

....ps ...the airlift is one-way Ryanair. Michael O' Leary and Rupert Murdoch have already expressed interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Don't think Liverpool will win any cups for a while ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I propose we airlift the entire membership of the IRA / ISIL and all who sail with them to the great continent of Antarctica. We can sell the PPV rights to SKY (BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!) and make a financial killing. Whoever wins this fight to the death gets a free polar bear to cuddle up with. Or a penguin....whichever.

....ps ...the airlift is one-way Ryanair. Michael O' Leary and Rupert Murdoch have already expressed interest.

No polar bears in Antarctica, the penguins killed them all.
    Penguins vs IRA / ISIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Go home, Ted. You're drunk.

• Advertisement

Instead of a long winded campaign each side should send in their crack troops. That would reduce it to the pilot burners v the child rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Simon2015 wrote: »
    If ISIS had to fight the IRA who would win ?

God..

God would win, he's strike both of them down with righteous fury and lay waste to their armies.

Either that or the winner would rape all the men and enslave all the women...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings

You sound like you have a hard on writing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

What if isis invaded leitrim ?

fergus1001 wrote: »

They'd look around and wonder what sick and twisted bunch laid waste to the place before they arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

fergus1001 wrote: »

They'd approve of it: religious fundamentalism, beards, incomprehensible accents; mindless violence, inbreeding etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings. Plus I don't know how ISIS would manage to land such a large force in Ireland. The IDF vs ISIS or Hizbollah vs ISIS would be a more fair fight.

So the IRA could bomb civilians in ISIS Land?

Where would that be, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

So the IRA could bomb civilians in ISIS Land?

Where would that be, exactly?

Clonskeagh. Or Iraq and Syria, they're so hard to tell apart for morons like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the IRA were beaten ISIS wont be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

the IRA were beaten ISIS wont be

They were not lad

• Advertisement

They were not lad

Did they drive the Brits out?

Wooohooooo! I missed it! A Nation once again!

Enda Kenny Vs A Kitten

Who would win.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings.
    So? You hit random places in the Middle East, and ISIS gets more followers. Pretty much any action against ISIS gets them more followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

I've never heard of an IRA member blowing themselves up for their cause...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

The IRA have not a patch on ISIS in terms of barbarity. ISIS are just out to murder any non muslims or infidels where the IRA were fighting for freedom for the beaten down people of NI. This doesn't excuse many of their atrocities and murder of innocents of course.

ISIS v The IRA is not even comparable tbh and anyone who thinks so is incredibly naive. Would you ever see the IRA sending children into crowded areas to blow themselves up unexpectedly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Reoil wrote: »
    A lot of them did. Unintentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Reoil wrote: »

They preferred to blow up other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

FalconGirl wrote: »
    The IRA have not a patch on ISIS in terms of barbarity. ISIS are just out to murder any non muslims or infidels where the IRA were fighting for freedom for the beaten down people of NI. This doesn't excuse many of their atrocities and murder of innocents of course.

ISIS v The IRA is not even comparable tbh and anyone who thinks so is incredibly naive. Would you ever see the IRA sending children into crowded areas to blow themselves up unexpectedly?

Rose tinted glasses are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Do ISIS sympathisers get tattoos of dead martyrs on their arms? Or an outline of the Islamic State? Do they go on holidays to dreadful resorts in Spain to sit around drinking lager and listening to their equivalent of the Wolfe Tones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Do ISIS sympathisers get tattoos of dead martyrs on their arms? Or an outline of the Islamic State? Do they go on holidays to dreadful resorts in Spain to sit around drinking lager and listening to their equivalent of the Wolfe Tones?

Jihad Tones, favourite band of infidel haters the world over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement