Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2018, 17:30   #166
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Isn't it legal in some states in the US to marry a child?
Go back to the first reply on this. A reference was made to 'backward' countries by that poster The issue is child abuse (example being child marriage) and widespread cultural acceptance of same in countries like Bangladesh.

Examples given in links above .... read them.

Last edited by gozunda; 29-11-2018 at 17:40.
Advertisement
29-11-2018, 18:08   #167
suicide_circus

if I was trying to maintain my innocence or genuinely believed I didn't do it, I wouldn't apologise either
Thanks from:
30-11-2018, 19:20   #168
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
if I was trying to maintain my innocence or genuinely believed I didn't do it, I wouldn't apologise either
I get what you are saying. However this guy admits to touching / handling the child intimately but still claims he did nothing wrong. This despite being convicted of said offence. Btw afaik it was only the journalist in the linked newspaper report who asked him was he going to apologise. Highly unlikely he would imo.
30-11-2018, 19:53   #169
mynamejeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
His solicitors and barrister were not able to create even a reasonable doubt as to his innocence.
He was found guilty and all if any appeals failed.

He doesn't feel he did anything wrong to his culture religion or morality .

That is not the same as being innocent
Thanks from:
30-11-2018, 22:14   #170
yoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamejeff View Post
His solicitors and barrister were not able to create even a reasonable doubt as to his innocence.
He was found guilty and all if any appeals failed.

He doesn't feel he did anything wrong to his culture religion or morality .

That is not the same as being innocent
Someone convicted of murder who maintains his innocence would also say the same, I mean how can they apologise without admitting guilt?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-11-2018, 22:21   #171
mynamejeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoke View Post
Someone convicted of murder who maintains his innocence would also say the same, I mean how can they apologise without admitting guilt?

and it generally mean that they serve the full term ,ir no remission early release espically for sex offenders
06-12-2018, 17:24   #172
John Sacrimoni

Seems the locals in D7 dont want this guy anywhere near them, hes been ran out by a few "gentlemen".

Keep the b*stard moving and looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.
06-12-2018, 17:51   #173
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sacrimoni View Post

Seems the locals in D7 dont want this guy anywhere near them, hes been ran out by a few "gentlemen".

Keep the b*stard moving and looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

All that happens in those cases is the Gardaí lose track of them because they keep moving around and trying to keep a low profile.
06-12-2018, 17:54   #174
Bobtheman

Whether we like it or not we don't have a justice system that gives life imprisionment to child rapists. We should or at least minimum sentencing .
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 18:55   #175
John Sacrimoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
All that happens in those cases is the Gardaí lose track of them because they keep moving around and trying to keep a low profile.
Your point was discussed on the show and you are correct in what you are saying. Its hard to see where a solution is going to come from on this.

The public want to know the location of paedophiles and i believe its being discussed in the Dail this week, however i dont see any change coming in that regard because it would cause more problems than anything, youd have mobs marching on the homes, it would be mayhem.

I
07-12-2018, 01:23   #176
yoke

It’s obvious we need to re-vamp the punishment system.
If it costs too much to imprison people, then find ways to fine criminals on top of the prison system - if the criminal is broke, then reduce state payments until the fine is paid off.
This should reduce the prison population enough so that those who we really need to lock up, remain locked up.
If the person’s state benefits aren’t enough to cover the fine, and they refuse to work for the state in menial jobs to pay off the debt, then give them a longer sentence.
The idea would be that you would be punishing those that refused to work with the system harder, but with the extra prison space given up by those who are working with the system, it should hopefully break even in terms of cost.

Last edited by yoke; 07-12-2018 at 01:30.
07-12-2018, 17:46   #177
Bobtheman

Prison full of drug addicts. I wonder how good treatment is ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion