Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abdur Rashid refuses to apologise to 6 year old that he abused.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Gravelly wrote: »
    Are mosques in Ireland Garda vetting those who teach children? Did this guy pass? If he returns to the mosque will he be allowed to “teach” again?

Are churches? That's not whataboutery, I just don't know. I'd imagine that if churches are mosques are.

I know that to be employed in some professions you need to be checked but i don't know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are mosques in Ireland Garda vetting those who teach children? Did this guy pass? If he returns to the mosque will he be allowed to “teach” again?
    Grayson wrote: »
    Are churches? That's not whataboutery, I just don't know. I'd imagine that if churches are mosques are.

I know that to be employed in some professions you need to be checked but i don't know about this.

Anybody with access to children is required to be vetted.

https://www.volunteer.ie/volunteers/garda-vetting/

The work or activities where people working with children and vulnerable adult will require vetting include:

Promotion of religious beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Grayson wrote: »

If you work with children in a church in Ireland you have to be, just like any club or profession.

I'd like to know if this is the case with mosques.

If you work with children in a church in Ireland you have to be, just like any club or profession.

I'd like to know if this is the case with mosques.

why do you think it wouldn't be?

why do you think it wouldn't be?

Because I understand some of those teaching in mosques here aren't in the country long enough to pass a Garda vetting check, and come from countries where the Gardai are unable to check their previous history.

I would love to know if this guy passed a Garda vetting.

• Advertisement

Because I understand some of those teaching in mosques here aren't in the country long enough to pass a Garda vetting check, and come from countries where the Gardai are unable to check their previous history.

He has been in the country since 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

[HTML][/HTML]

Sure, there are lots of sex offenders that would pass Garda vetting even those with convictions abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tbh it makes no difference to me. Is that what you took from the article yes? anything else to add?

it's a huge difference in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

After Hours really is turning into a cesspit of manipulative infowarfare.

He has been in the country since 2001.

I know. But lots of others haven't. And I wonder what his record is. Paedos don't usually suddenly start in middle age apparently.

• Advertisement

I know. But lots of others haven't. And I wonder what his record is. Paedos don't usually suddenly start in middle age apparently.

There was no mention of a previous record after his trial. If he had a previous record it would have been mentioned in sentencing.

There was no mention of a previous record after his trial. If he had a previous record it would have been mentioned in sentencing.

Only if he'd been convicted.

Only if he'd been convicted.

If he had a previous record he would not have passed vetting.

If he had a previous record he would not have passed vetting.

That's why I asked if he had been vetted....

That's why I asked if he had been vetted....

And i go back to my original question of why do you think he would not be vetted? it is a requirement for anybody who comes in contact with children. I have to get garda vetted and i dont even have any contact with children but i do have access to their data. Why do you think that people working in mosques are exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RiseitekiMind

After Hours really is turning into a cesspit of manipulative infowarfare.

The admins really need to filter Russian IP's

And i go back to my original question of why do you think he would not be vetted? it is a requirement for anybody who comes in contact with children. I have to get garda vetted and i dont even have any contact with children but i do have access to their data. Why do you think that people working in mosques are exempt?

The reason I think it might be the case is that I am involved in a sports club, and a guy who couldn't get Garda vetted to coach with us is supposedly involved in teaching religion to kids in the local mosque. I've only heard this secondhand so am not claiming it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The admins really need to filter Russian IP's

best answer selected is:
    ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Racist

The reason I think it might be the case is that I am involved in a sports club, and a guy who couldn't get Garda vetted to coach with us is supposedly involved in teaching religion to kids in the local mosque. I've only heard this secondhand so am not claiming it to be true.

then perhaps you should inform the authorities.

then perhaps you should inform the authorities.

Inform them what? They vetted him and didn't pass him, so they know more about him than I do. He claimed to a fellow coach that he teaches in the mosque. I'm sure the SWAT team will break down the door if I ring the Guards up and tell them that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

I know this guy in the country since 2001, but have we any way of knowing if he had similar convictions from when he lived in Bangladesh?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Inform them what? They vetted him and didn't pass him, so they know more about him than I do. He claimed to a fellow coach that he teaches in the mosque. I'm sure the SWAT team will break down the door if I ring the Guards up and tell them that.

You're withholding information

You're withholding information

What information? The Gardaí vetted him, not me.

Perhaps try tusla instead of the guards. Tell them what you know. somebody who failed garda vetting with working with access to children.

Perhaps try tusla instead of the guards. Tell them what you know. somebody who failed garda vetting with working with access to children.

It was on his vetting application. If you think Tusla would act on vague secondhand information from me, when the Gardaí already vetted the guy, you are deranged.

It was on his vetting application. If you think Tusla would act on vague secondhand information from me, when the Gardaí already vetted the guy, you are deranged.

I really dont think you know anything at all. If you did you would do something about it.

I really dont think you know anything at all. If you did you would do something about it.

I think it is strange that you believe that I am responsible for the Gardaí doing their job and a mosque abiding by the law, based on secondhand information I heard.

I think it is strange that you believe that I am responsible for the Gardaí doing their job and a mosque abiding by the law, based on secondhand information I heard.

You dont think you have a responsibility to report somebody who has failed garda vetting and is still working with children?

You dont think you have a responsibility to report somebody who has failed garda vetting and is still working with children?

Did you actually read my posts?

The Gardaí know that he claimed to teach in the mosque.
    I don't know whether he does or not, as I only heard it secondhand.

I'm struggling to understand what you are missing? Our club has a child protection officer who would have passed all that info to the Gardaí. The Gardaí didn't pass him. It could be simply because he is not in the country long enough or it could be more serious, I don't know why they didn't pass him, they do.
    I have absolutely no responsibility here - do you think I should rock up to the mosque and accuse him of being a paedo? How do you think that would end?

• Advertisement

Did you actually read my posts?

The Gardaí know that he claimed to teach in the mosque.
    I don't know whether he does or not, as I only heard it secondhand.

I'm struggling to understand what you are missing? Our club has a child protection officer who would have passed all that info to the Gardaí. The Gardaí didn't pass him. It could be simply because he is not in the country long enough or it could be more serious, I don't know why they didn't pass him, they do.
    I have absolutely no responsibility here - do you think I should rock up to the mosque and accuse him of being a paedo? How do you think that would end?

then why bother posting about it?

Advertisement