Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Modernisation

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Tow

hjr wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to make a payment in relation to January yet?

There is a problem with it, so it was removed earlier this morning. They hope to have it back working later today.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Tow wrote: »
    There is a problem with it, so it was removed earlier this morning. They hope to have it back working later today.

Teething problems, which is fair enough. It's a big change in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Stratvs wrote: »
    Using Thesaurus here not Micropay but the package has logs showing which PSRs were submitted and the date of submission. If there is a PSR not submitted then the option should be there in the payroll to submit it now. If your payroll has a PSR log facility and shows all submitted it sounds like a problem at the ROS end.

nearly half an hour on the phone to sage before someone picked up :(
    Anyway, got sorted.

For anyone interested it was simple enough to fix.
    Under the direct Payroll Reporting menu, you can view the list of submissions. I hadn't submitted for the week in question.

You need to log in as administrator, and it allows you to booth the week you are missing in archive mode (i'd never seen this before) then you go back into the payroll and resubmit. then back in as administrator and reload live data

essentially it is like restoring a backup. it is awkward, back and forward. there should be an easier way to just submit a particular week than having to go through the archive restore process.

also, the payroll should be programmed to not allow you to move forward each week without having your payroll submission made, that would stop any weeks being skipped in error.

furthermore, the list in ROS is organised by date of submission so unless you religiously submit on same date each week, it can be a bit jumbled. I was initially unsure as to which week I hadn't submitted. it would be much better if they listed by period date on ROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Tow

They cannot stop you running (going forward) the payroll. You would be more annoyed if you could not pay your employees just because ROS or your internet is down.
    Most other software give a list of all Payroll Runs/Submissions, their status and allow you to submit/re-submit them at will.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    They cannot stop you running (going forward) the payroll. You would be more annoyed if you could not pay your employees just because ROS or your internet is down.
    Most other software give a list of all Payroll Runs/Submissions, their status and allow you to submit/re-submit them at will.

fair point

but then they should throw a big warning flag up at you to say are you sure you want to proceed to the next period as you haven't submitted to ROS yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Seve OB wrote: »
    fair point

but then they should throw a big warning flag up at you to say are you sure you want to proceed to the next period as you haven't submitted to ROS yet.

Again, only speaking for the package I use, Thesaurus, each time you open it has a yellow banner with TO DO across it on the RPN Icon.
    Then when you've updated the payroll but before you submit to ROS you get a yellow banner with 1 O/S on the PSR icon. If you update multiple weeks but don't submit to ROS then it goes to 2 O/S etc. and this is in your face each time you open. It won't stop you updating but it is hard to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

Again, only speaking for the package I use, Thesaurus, each time you open it has a yellow banner with TO DO across it on the RPN Icon.
    Then when you've updated the payroll but before you submit to ROS you get a yellow banner with 1 O/S on the PSR icon. If you update multiple weeks but don't submit to ROS then it goes to 2 O/S etc. and this is in your face each time you open. It won't stop you updating but it is hard to ignore.

Similar to Stratvs,
    We automatically check for new RPN's every time you open a un-processed pay run.
    Then once you've actually processed the pay run, it's status only turns green once it's been submitted and acknowledged by Revenue. So its pretty obvious if the pay run has been sent and received.
    The submission history and status can be reviewed from within a separate Revenue submission page. (basically a replication of what you see via ROS).

There are really only so many ways that you can display the same information, so most software packages should be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rosquery2019

Hello,

Does anyone know if the payroll submission section on ROS can be restricted to certain users? We have one person in company who has full access to file VAT/RCT and a different person who does payroll. Under the payroll submission all employee pay details are available to view by all ROS users?

Hello,

Does anyone know if the payroll submission section on ROS can be restricted to certain users? We have one person in company who has full access to file VAT/RCT and a different person who does payroll. Under the payroll submission all employee pay details are available to view by all ROS users?

no AFAIK it can't be restricted/hidden/blocked
    this is a MAJOR flaw
    ROS users can see everything

I believe what you need to do is set up a new employer registration purely for the payroll you want to keep private.

Hello,

This was a scenario envisaged partly by of the Payroll Software Developers Association and Revenue.

In the first instance, you can create a sub user cert that only has access to PAYE-EMP functionality. Assign that cert to your payroll person. Anyone else should not have this permission. Link to a short tutorial on creating sub-user certs and setting permissions is here https://www.parolla.ie/tutorials/

The next scenario was if you wanted to limit access to certain individuals not seeing key employee PAYE info, such as owners or directors etc. This solution wasn't as tidy, it involved putting those sensitive individuals under their own Employers Number.

Link to separate employer numbers info from revenue here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/registration-of-employers-for-paye-purposes/separate-registration-numbers-for-the-same-employer.aspx

Mark
    parolla.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Word of warning - I made a payment of PAYE/PRSI/USC yesterday for month 1 of Quarter 1, by debit card, and the payment was taken 3 times. It's as if the system is confused about a monthly payment in a quarterly cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Does anyone know how to register new employees. Any new staff I've tried to add it says that no new RPN's available.

Does anyone know how to register new employees. Any new staff I've tried to add it says that no new RPN's available.
    Hi, there are a couple of ways to register a new employee.
    The easiest and cleanest is to get your employee to register the company on myAccount. Give them your Employer Tax Number and they can create their new job profile, and assign their tax credits.

OR, you can do it online via ROS:
    link to revenue guidance here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/employer-obligations-from-1-january-2019/revenue-payroll-notification.aspx

Your payroll software should also have an option to create a new RPN by submitting the employees PPSN, firstname, lastname, start date and proposed EmploymentID.

If you don't have a PPSN then the employee will need to have a date of birth and a unique employeeID (works number) that you create, and use consistently until they get a PPSN. They will go onto Emergency tax.

Regards,
    Mark
    parolla.ie

mogilvie wrote: »
    Your payroll software should also have an option to create a new RPN by submitting the employees PPSN, firstname, familyname, start date and proposed EmploymentID.

Had that this week, just set the employee up as new with name, surname, PPSN and start date (Employment ID was assigned by the software). Payroll put them on emergency. Then checked for new RPNs and it downloaded one for them and put in previous pay, cumulative credits etc. All very painless in fairness.

Had that this week, just set the employee up as new with name, surname, PPSN and start date (Employment ID was assigned by the software). Payroll put them on emergency. Then checked for new RPNs and it downloaded one for them and put in previous pay, cumulative credits etc. All very painless in fairness.
    The new system is SO much easier than the previous P45 and P45P3 process for leavers and joiners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Hi, there are a couple of ways to register a new employee.
    1) The easiest and cleanest is to get your employee to register a new job with the company on myAccount. Give them your Employer Tax Number and they can create their new job profile, and assign their tax credits/rates.

2) You can do it online via ROS:
    link to revenue guidance here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/employer-obligations-from-1-january-2019/revenue-payroll-notification.aspx

3) Your payroll software should also have an option to create a new RPN by submitting the employees PPSN, firstname, familyname, start date and proposed EmploymentID.

The last two methods cannot define how tax credits should be allocated, that's an employee decision. So if the employee has multiple employments, then they may still need to go to myAccount and assign credits between jobs.

If you don't have a PPSN, or if there is no RPN, then the employee will need to have a date of birth and a unique employeeID (works number) that you create, and use consistently until they get a PPSN. They will go onto Emergency tax.

Regards,
    Mark
    parolla.ie

I set them up on the payroll and tried doing it on ros but I get a prompt saying No new RPN's available.

I set them up on the payroll and tried doing it on ros but I get a prompt saying No new RPN's available.

That may initially be result, in which case your payroll should put them on emergency tax. The RPN's may not be created immediately, you may need to check back to see if you can download them later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bolitar

Does anybody know how to print/save a pdf version of the new PAYE return? I file and pay for others and would like to be able to email them something print friendly. Print screen isn't.

Bolitar wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to print/save a pdf version of the new PAYE return? I file and pay for others and would like to be able to email them something print friendly. Print screen isn't.

Do you mean the monthly summary ? If you are on that page and right click anywhere you should get the option "save as PDF" Then download that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bolitar

Do you mean the monthly summary ? If you are on that page and right click anywhere you should get the option "save as PDF" Then download that.

That did it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I went in to approve the January summary, and now it's showing as "Payment due" - I was under the impression that when you used to pay quarterly (as I did) that they payments would be taken quarterly under the new system as well?

Rulmeq wrote: »
    I went in to approve the January summary, and now it's showing as "Payment due" - I was under the impression that when you used to pay quarterly (as I did) that they payments would be taken quarterly under the new system as well?

You are correct. The payment frequency should not have changed. Payment may be due, but is there a due date shown?

See link to revenue page here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/employer-obligations-from-1-january-2019/returns-and-payment-due-dates.aspx

Mark
    parolla.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

You are correct. The payment frequency should not have changed. Payment may be due, but is there a due date shown?

See link to revenue page here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/employer-obligations-from-1-january-2019/returns-and-payment-due-dates.aspx

Mark
    parolla.ie

Thanks, I hit "pay later" but didn't see a due by date. I'll see how it plays out.
    Edit: I went back into ROS, it's saying due by 14/2/2019 :( I'm going to have to ring them, amn't I :(

Edit2: Ah yes on hold for 21m and then hung up on (I know, my fault for ringing close to their lunch time, right. F***king despise them)

Edit3: Wow, got through in 2 minutes this time, apparently, just ignore that date, and it will be taken in April (Lets see what happens I guess)

Thanks, I hit "pay later" but didn't see a due by date. I'll see how it plays out.
    Edit: I went back into ROS, it's saying due by 14/2/2019 :( I'm going to have to ring them, amn't I :(

Edit2: Ah yes on hold for 21m and then hung up on (I know, my fault for ringing close to their lunch time, right. F***king despise them)

Edit3: Wow, got through in 2 minutes this time, apparently, just ignore that date, and it will be taken in April (Lets see what happens I guess)

Be careful. Thought I had to pay monthly. So attempted payment by debit card. It failed with a technical error. Eventually I got it paid. Checked the bank statement. It was taken three times!

apparently, just ignore that date, and it will be taken in April (Lets see what happens I guess)

Thanks for sharing Rulmeq. Hopefully you wont be charged three times like Ally Dick. Keep an eye out for that.
    Ally Dick wrote: »
    Word of warning - I made a payment of PAYE/PRSI/USC yesterday for month 1 of Quarter 1, by debit card, and the payment was taken 3 times. It's as if the system is confused about a monthly payment in a quarterly cycle

I wrote to Revenue and was advised to request a SEPA refund (eh it's not a direct debit), or let the overpayment show as a credit in my PREM account against future payments. With no P35 anymore, to get the money back, is it safe to underpay future PAYE to compensate?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    request a SEPA refund (eh it's not a direct debit), or let the overpayment show as a credit in my PREM account
    I'm not a gambling type of person, however I'd bet that the time to submit a request for a SEPA refund and then wait for a repayment, might exceed the payment frequency.
    If it was me, and if your cashflow can accommodate it, I would be inclined to let it go as a credit.

I'm not a gambling type of person, however I'd bet that the time to submit a request for a SEPA refund and then wait for a repayment, might exceed the payment frequency.
    If it was me, and if your cashflow can accommodate it, I would be inclined to let it go as a credit.

Many thanks. I can afford to do that. I will be wary of paying by card again. I might set up a direct debit mandate, so I will have recourse to SEPA if it goes wrong again

I think what happened was that the website showed an error...but in the background it processed the payment, twice. So in future I will wait a while before retrying

• Advertisement
Advertisement