Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Modernisation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bolitar

lashes34 wrote: »
    We are having problems connecting our certs too. Waiting on our software provider to figure it out. Its painful. Have to pay and submit on Friday.

Oh so it is most likely the software providers fault then... ? Update when ya get news, I ve payroll to do Friday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Yes its the software providor. They got it working today on a test PC using Windows 10 so looking to get that installed first thing and hopefully get the file off early tomorrow. We have 2 payrolls, about 1100 people, cant get RPNs in because of the connection issue, were told to manually add them. Its a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Took the best part of an hour to try and find where the bloody digital cert is saved on my pc! Once I found it, the payroll software connected fine to get RPN’s.

Many people finding errors with RPNs? So far I’m finding proprietary directors with no earned income tax credits allocated to them and employees missing from the RPNs, some who were included on the submitted employee lists and others commenced after the list submission but before the end of 2018.

lashes34 wrote: »
    Yes its the software providor. They got it working today on a test PC using Windows 10 so looking to get that installed first thing and hopefully get the file off early tomorrow. We have 2 payrolls, about 1100 people, cant get RPNs in because of the connection issue, were told to manually add them. Its a pain in the hole
    I am glad it is not our fault, my payrolls are for a fraction of that. You poor thing! Manually adding USC is painstaking, tax bits not so bad. The other option would be to zero each deduction and let the cumulative sort it out the next time, for those not on week 1. What software do you use?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Took the best part of an hour to try and find where the bloody digital cert is saved on my pc! Once I found it, the payroll software connected fine to get RPN’s.

Many people finding errors with RPNs? So far I’m finding proprietary directors with no earned income tax credits allocated to them and employees missing from the RPNs, some who were included on the submitted employee lists and others commenced after the list submission but before the end of 2018.

What software did you use? Regarding the directors they probably need to claim the tax credit through revenue my account. No reason for missing employees if their PPSN match . Glad to see more fun awaits after I get those RPNs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

Bolitar wrote: »
    Not a good day here. I couldn't get the RPN today (2nd Jan). I used sage micropay and the digital cert for ROS and it said there was problem with the cert. Can't remember the exact wording but wondered was it because I am an agent (accountants office) and not the employer. I've always done their payroll though. Waiting call back from micropay. Does anybody know?

I had that problem earlier. What had happened was that for some reason our TAIN had not copied across from 2018 to the 2019 file. Go to Company/payroll and tax agent details and make sure info is in there.

ismat wrote: »
    I had that problem earlier. What had happened was that for some reason our TAIN had not copied across from 2018 to the 2019 file. Go to Company/payroll and tax agent details and make sure info is in there.

I don't think the TAIN was ever entered, I never noticed it in previous years. So it could be something as simple as that....I will let ye know, talking about micropay ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

Bolitar wrote: »
    I don't think the TAIN was ever entered, I never noticed it in previous years. So it could be something as simple as that....I will let ye know, talking about micropay ya?

Yeah micropayThat’s the problem then. I called ros as to why that one wouldn’t work as we probably ran 60 payrolls with no problem before that. TAIN was in for all of these. The guy on the help desk suggested this straight away so I’d say it’s a common enough problem

A quick note to say entering the TAIN worked for me, I have my first RPN downloaded, cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Tow

Error 1011, is a missing TAIN number or the Certificate does not have the required access rights to payroll functions on ROS. Tax Agent Numbers were never used in payrolls before. So where required, must be entered.

If the RPNs are wrong, it is the employee's responsibility to have them corrected. Revenue expects employees on log on to MyAccount or ROS, via the apps or web and amend their own RPNs!! Revenue can fine employers 4K per employee for changing them. The RPN information is sent back to Revenue in each Payroll Submission, so they know if modified.

If your payroll software works on a Standard PC, but does not work on your Network/Citrix/Thermal Server/VM etc. Then is a problem with one or more of your system's Access Rights, User Profile type, Anti Virus or Firewall etc etc. It will be up to the IT staff who manage the running of your systems to find and fix the issue(s). If they cannot fix it then the payroll will have to be run on the standard PC.

BTW. TAIN Numbers are only required by Tax Agents, such as accountants and payroll bureaus etc

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

We're a payroll software provider. The most common certificate related issues we see are:

Operation timed out: typically means that the Revenue ROS servers are busy. They increased the wait time from 60 to 90 seconds recently.

Cert is not active: Typically means that the ROS cert has never been used before. To clear this error you need to log into the ROS portal using this certificate in order to activate it.

Could not open cert: typically means that the ROS cert password is incorrect. Check that your caps lock is not on, and that the password is correct. You can check the password on the cert in ROS under the admin tab. Look at the cert row and click on the padlock icon in the System Password column.

Unauthorised request: Invalid ROS Digital Certificate provided. Wrong cert.

Invalid format Employer Registration Number: Typically means that the Employer Registration Number doesn't have the correct amount of numbers and letters. It should be 7 numbers, followed by 1 or 2 letters. The two end letters are a checksum, so the whole combination needs to be correct.

Unauthorised request: Employer Registration Number and ROS Digital Certificate must be linked. Typically means that the supplied revenue registration number doesn't match the company that the digital certificate is authorised to access.

No active link between Agent TAIN and Employer Registration Number: typically means that the agent digital certificate provided doesn't have permissions to view this company. Check that the Employer Registration Number is correct and that the agent TAIN is correct.

We would recommend everyone to create sub-user certs, and not just give your admin cert to your payroll provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

The problem with jumping from wk 51 to wk 1, without running wk 52 is that the p60 will show 51 insurance weeks.
    Anyone out there going into each employee record and increasing the insurance weeks to 2 for wk 51?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    The problem with jumping from wk 51 to wk 1, without running wk 52 is that the p60 will show 51 insurance weeks.
    Anyone out there going into each employee record and increasing the insurance weeks to 2 for wk 51?

I didn't bother anyway.
    I just left the payroll at EOP after week 51.
    Did the p35 yesterday and it uploaded fine to ROS.
    Haven't sent the P60s yet, I'll do them next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Seve OB wrote: »
    I didn't bother anyway.

Surely this will be source of future complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Ohhh yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I didn't bother anyway.

Surely people will be entitled to have 52 weeks prsi contributions for 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

So as P60s aren't received anymore I used my last payslip totals for total pay and tax paid to do a P21 statement was expecting refund in the order of 2k having married (lower salary) early in the year but got hit with underpayment of 1k? I must've entered details incorrectly. Annoying as went to revenue office to talk to someone about end of year taxes but the receptionist insisted on taking in the slips and accessible spouse form and "sending it upstairs" Inefficient effieciency

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

So as P60s aren't received anymore I used my last payslip totals for total pay and tax paid to do a P21 statement was expecting refund in the order of 2k having married (lower salary) early in the year but got hit with underpayment of 1k? I must've entered details incorrectly. Annoying as went to revenue office to talk to someone about end of year taxes but the receptionist insisted on taking in the slips and accessible spouse form and "sending it upstairs" Inefficient effieciency

So you input wrong details and now blame someone else's "inefficiency"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

The 2018 p60's are due to be issued by your employer as the old regs still apply to 2018.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/transitional-arrangements/p35-and-p60-2018.aspx

It's one of the busiest times of the year for Revenue in normal circumstances but far more so with PMOD. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    So you input wrong details and now blame someone else's "inefficiency"?

I’m assuming wrong details were entered as I wouldn’t expect my payroll dept in a large company to deduct the wrong tax. Getting no postal record of a potential underpayment and having to check revenue to see if they’ve updated is a PITA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

You will get a p60 for 2018.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

So as P60s aren't received anymore I used my last payslip totals for total pay and tax paid to do a P21 statement was expecting refund in the order of 2k having married (lower salary) early in the year but got hit with underpayment of 1k? I must've entered details incorrectly. Annoying as went to revenue office to talk to someone about end of year taxes but the receptionist insisted on taking in the slips and accessible spouse form and "sending it upstairs" Inefficient efficiency

1) you will get a P60 for 2018. P60s will not be available for 2019 onwards.

2) You cannot perform a year of marriage review yourself via a P21.

3) Your final payslip is not the same as a P60 and will often result in errors where used in place of same for a review.

4) Revenue have to do the year of marriage review for you with your spouse's details etc and for that they will need to wait until both your P35s are in. They're under no obligation to take slips from you, the "inefficient" receptionist who insisted on helping you didn't have to do anything for you at all.

It's the 2nd week of january. Most employers will not have issued P60s yet and Revenue will not have most people's pay and tax details until March, in a lot of cases. And this is an extremely busy time of year for Revenue.

You jumped the gun by trying to do a year of marriage review yourself (you can't) and now you've ended up with an underpayment instead of the refund you were expecting. So it's a bit rich to say you're annoyed by someone else's "inefficiency" when they are trying to fix your mistake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I’m assuming wrong details were entered as I wouldn’t expect my payroll dept in a large company to deduct the wrong tax.

Believe me, it does not matter who you work for. Payroll simply input the tax credit cert details from Revenue into their payroll software - they don't usually examine them. If the tax cert details are wrong, you will be deducted the wrong tax until such time as you notice and tell them. It's actually more likely to happen with a big company. Payroll staff in a smaller company can take the time to check the credit cert looks correct.
    Getting no postal record of a potential underpayment and having to check revenue to see if they’ve updated is a PITA

If you did your P21 via MyAccount then you will have received it in your MyAccount documents. You can view this any time you like on your laptop or phone. You'll get an email when the new P21 is issued, you don't have to keep checking. How exactly is this a PITA?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Believe me, it does not matter who you work for. Payroll simply input the tax credit cert details from Revenue into their payroll software - they don't usually examine them. If the tax cert details are wrong, you will be deducted the wrong tax until such time as you notice and tell them. It's actually more likely to happen with a big company. Payroll staff in a smaller company can take the time to check the credit cert looks correct.

If you did your P21 via MyAccount then you will have received it in your MyAccount documents. You can view this any time you like on your laptop or phone. You'll get an email when the new P21 is issued, you don't have to keep checking. How exactly is this a PITA?

Sometimes big companies don't even bother, especially if the payroll is outsourced!

+1 re Myaccount for ease of access, especially if you are NOT on ROS

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

Hi starting from scratch here with this new system & with Payroll in general. Using the Sage system. Can someone please tell me how do I link the digital cert to the payroll system and how do I request the RPNs through ROS? TIA

treascon wrote: »
    Hi starting from scratch here with this new system & with Payroll in general. Using the Sage system. Can someone please tell me how do I link the digital cert to the payroll system and how do I request the RPNs through ROS? TIA

your best bet is to ring sage and they ill talk you though it
    i can't remember as i'm not at my desk now (thankfully :) ) but if you look through the menus there is a button to click and it walks you through it, pretty simple really

Just got an email with my monthly statement for January
    It's wrong.
    I'm pretty sure I followed the procedure each week, but there is a week which has not uploaded. I guess it is possible that I did not do it. But I guess it is also possible that I did and it just didn't go through properly. I printed the submission report for week 1 but didn't bother after that. I guess I should make sure to do that in future.

So anyone know how I can submit the missing report.
    I'm using Micropay.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Just got an email with my monthly statement for January
    It's wrong.
    I'm pretty sure I followed the procedure each week, but there is a week which has not uploaded. I guess it is possible that I did not do it. But I guess it is also possible that I did and it just didn't go through properly. I printed the submission report for week 1 but didn't bother after that. I guess I should make sure to do that in future.

So anyone know how I can submit the missing report.
    I'm using Micropay.

Using Thesaurus here not Micropay but the package has logs showing which PSRs were submitted and the date of submission. If there is a PSR not submitted then the option should be there in the payroll to submit it now. If your payroll has a PSR log facility and shows all submitted it sounds like a problem at the ROS end.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

So the process with submissions is that your payroll software should submit a file to Revenue.

However, if something in an individual payslips doesn't validate against the Revenue schema then they mark that payslip as invalid, or failed. Any payslips that were successful are marked as Active. Only active payslips are included in your monthly period return.

I'm assuming that you did actually submit the payslips, in which case it is most likely an invalid submission.

You can log into ROS and view all your payslips submissions. Including those that are marked as invalid and subsequently not accepted. The ROS page will tell you the reason why the payslip was rejected.

The most common reasons that we've seen for invalid submission are:
    1) Incorrect PPSN/employmentID combinations.
    2) Incorrect date format (there was a period there when Revenue's date format was inconsistent with what they told software providers that it was supposed to be)
    3) Non compliant Pension Board number on pension contributions.

I would suggest that you look for any updates that may have been published for Sage. The first month saw most of us having to update our software in one way or another. Once you've run any updates, try resubmitting the missing payslips that you found when logged into ROS.

Check ROS again, if they're still not showing as Active, then you will need to contact Sage directly. Make sure you record the error reason.

Mark
    parolla.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Has anyone tried to make a payment in relation to January yet?

Everytime I try to make a payment I get the following message:

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

Advertisement