Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machete murder in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Mikenesson wrote: »
    A lot of it's just the rags printing anything for a headline

That should have said 3 years ago, not 3 weeks.

My mistake, glad I'm not a reporter.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

While they thanked the public for their assistance to date, gardaaid they wished to continue to appeal to taxi and hackney drivers who were working in the Maglin, Ballincollig, Ballinora and Waterfall areas on the night of the murder.
    They have also expressed a desire to speak to a taxi driver who picked up three women at a pub in the Wilton area of Cork through a booking on a taxi app and drove to Waterfall, dropping two of the women along the way

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-investigating-murder-of-mikolaj-wilk-seek-taxi-driver-1.3533698

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

There'll be a record of the driver if done through an app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This has to be one of the most shocking things that's happened in the country. Its very hard to understand why news reports don't include some sort of identifying information when describing suspects. I've read that they spoke very good English but did they have any accent? How is anyone going to be caught with such vague info. I wouldn't expect the woman to have much recollection but anything she did say to Gardai should surely be in the public domain.

There'll be a record of the driver if done through an app

Hmm you're right. That's very strange. I wonder if that guy has gone to ground, seen something and been seen himself so is now afraid and not contactable? It should be easy to trace him if it was via the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Brae100 wrote: »
    There's a name going around. Fella who got done trying to import RPGs for the Dundons. Originally from Cobh, moved to Ballincollig.

Will the Gardai be able for the likes (if it is on this scale)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

this murder is well up there with the most brutal we have had. they really made absolute ****e out of him. if it’s true (from rumours around the city) that they made the kids watch then its brutal. i dont believe for one second that this is irish, its not the typical MO. the only thing is that where the car was left suggests that whoever did this knew the area or was given advice on the area. over the years plenty cars have been burnt out there and you know if you keep going you’re in west cock and away and hosed.

Specialun wrote: »
    this murder is well up there with the most brutal we have had. they really made absolute ****e out of him. if it’s true (from rumours around the city) that they made the kids watch then its brutal. i dont believe for one second that this is irish, its not the typical MO. the only thing is that where the car was left suggests that whoever did this knew the area or was given advice on the area. over the years plenty cars have been burnt out there and you know if you keep going you’re in west cock and away and hosed.

I don't think they made the kids watch according to reports

Im thinking he had dangerous foreign acquaintances,but merely speculating

Possible the wife is in fear and putting the gards off the scent,who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Surprised no one has been mentioning on boards.ie about murderer Willie Moran being let out for days with his family, roaming around the town where the murder happened and where the family are. No word of warning to the family either and they were informed if they wanted to be ‘let know’ their sons/brothers/ murderer was roaming around town freely that they had to be on a ‘list’

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Specialun wrote: »

Coked up nomad with his pride hurt I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Look further North and a Limerick connection. His name was mentioned here and he lives in the area of the attack.

As for the motive. No idea. But someone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I don't think they made the kids watch according to reports

Im thinking he had dangerous foreign acquaintances,but merely speculating

Possible the wife is in fear and putting the gards off the scent,who knows

report claiming they did want kids to watch

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/killer-gang-wanted-children-to-witness-fathers-murder-wife-of-machete-murder-victim-tells-priest-37018964.html

It sounds like the victim was completely uninvolved in anything like this. As for the perpetrators if they aren't Irish it's possibly difficult to trace just who might have a violent past. I had a bit of a shock a few months ago when a foreign couple I've known for years had an argument and his wife was ranting about him and blurted out that the name everyone knows him under is actually a false name and that he's not from the country he claims to be from, all his papers are falsified. I had never even thought to suspect a thing of either of them and from his demeanour and based on the country he is from I'd feel sure he had his reasons for the deception. It gave me pause for thought though! I'd say it's easier to do that I would've thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

The wife said they spoke English with Cork accents. She has lived here long enough to be able to recognise local accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

The wife said they spoke English with Cork accents. She has lived here long enough to be able to recognise local accents.

I'm wondering if they told her what to say, put them off the scent or else we'll come back for you and yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

The perpertrators spoke with local Cork accents. They chopped off his hands. There were rumours a few years ago that the deceased was involved in theivery. A serious lunatic from Cobh had moved to the area and who got a serious sentence for trying to import RPGs, but who is out now.

Polish lad maybe did something to cross this psycho. Off their tits on coke their retribution went too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

The perpertrators spoke with local Cork accents. They chopped off his hands. There were rumours a few years ago that the deceased was involved in theivery. A serious lunatic from Cobh had moved to the area and who got a serious sentence for trying to import RPGs, but who is out now.

Polish lad maybe did something to cross this psycho. Off their tits on coke their retribution went too far.

Not being one bit smart here, but do you think you should tell the Gardaí that information? They might not a have a clue about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The last time I heard about machetes in Cork before this murder was from this story last September.Scroll down through the article and look at all the weapons on display.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/watch-irish-travellers-scary-call-11127267

And they are all only a few short miles away but they might have absolutely no connection.

Another thing,I don’t think his wife would know the difference between a Cork,Kerry,Limerick or Traveller accent in my opinion.

I hope the case doesn’t run dry and they catch the Psychos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

SSr0 wrote: »
    Not being one bit smart here, but do you think you should tell the Gardaí that information? They might not a have a clue about it.

they'll know alright, he probably would have been one of the first people they suspected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope they are close to catching the killers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Gardai can't find any motive at all, even after scouring the victims social media accounts, phone, emails etc. Anyone else think this might be racially motivated or a mistaken identity perpetrated by absolute pschyopaths?

Wailin wrote: »
    Gardai can't find any motive at all, even after scouring the victims social media accounts, phone, emails etc. Anyone else think this might be racially motivated or a mistaken identity perpetrated by absolute pschyopaths?

where did ya hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Heard the same locally
    *One theory locally is its Russian mafia related, and was a message to someone else, rather than him being punished.
    (*Could well be total b0110xs)
    Its strange, theres been very little gossip/speculation. People seem shocked.

Hope they corner the fcukers, and they die in a hail of bullets from the ERU.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Heard the same locally
    *One theory locally is its Russian mafia related, and was a message to someone else, rather than him being punished.
    (*Could well be total b0110xs)
    Its strange, theres been very little gossip/speculation. People seem shocked.

Hope they corner the fcukers, and they die in a hail of bullets from the ERU.

Russian Mafia with Cork Accents:confused:

I Could be totally wrong but cant see it being that. But I have no clue so what do I know:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Theres a Fund page setup for the family for anyone wishing to donate.

There's no way this was committed by an Irish person, we value children to much. If it was I’ve lost all hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

JJJJNR wrote: »
    There's no way this was committed by an Irish person, we value children to much. If it was I’ve lost all hope.

Jesus christ, of all the places to say this about, Ireland is NOT one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One theory that has been suggested is that it might even be mistaken identity ie. the killers targeted the wrong house or went after the wrong person. They might have been acting on behalf of someone else and not realised they were attacking the wrong man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

The poor man and his family. Absolutely shocking crime and I hope they get the ****ers. Not looking likely though.

• Advertisement

The poor man and his family. Absolutely shocking crime and I hope they get the ****ers. Not looking likely though.

Vehicles seized and properties been searched

Presumably the Garda have a theory so

Convictions still prob unlikely

Advertisement