Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options
  • 28-06-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭

going to kick this thread off earlier than expected, same as last time rumours of any irish gigs in 2018 start here

2017 thread- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057656959

who will play Croke Park, The Aviva, Slane, 3arena and other venues in 2018 ???

Ed Sheeran has confirmed he is doing an irish tour in may 2018 as part of his European and UK tour
    May 4th/5th 2018- Pairic Ui Choamh Cork
    May 9th 2018 - Boucher Playing Fields Belfast
    May 12th/13th 2018- Pearse Stadium Galway
    May 16th/17th 2018- Phoenix Park Dublin

Taking Heads are rumoured to be reforming and may do a world tour in 2018
    Foo Fighters have a new album out in Sep 2017 and may play here in 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can see Foos doing a show somewhere.

Nice to see an act do a loop of Ireland, wish more bands were in that position.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac touring, could do more dates around Ireland hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

also add to the rumours of Bruce Springsteen returning in 2018
    https://www.joe.ie/music/bruce-springsteen-return-ireland-early-next-summer-592397

of course theres rumours of himself returning after the 2014 disaster. I wish he would come here in 2018 and play so we can put the 2014 debacile too bed

2017 has been a very very good year for concerts in Ireland so 2018 has a lot to live up too

we cant forget the annual Coronas, Natan Carter and Christy Moore shows in the Marquee in Cork in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully get a Pearl Jam show, Eddie knows he wants come back. Can't see them doing two big gigs though, so would be a Dublin only affair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Skid Row announced for The Academy March 2nd. Tickets on sale Thursday, 30 euro approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to kick this thread off earlier than expected, same as last time rumours of any irish gigs in 2018 start here

2017 thread- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057656959

who will play Croke Park, The Aviva, Slane, 3arena and other venues in 2018 ???

Ed Sheeran has confirmed he is doing an irish tour in may 2018 as part of his European and UK tour
    May 4th/5th 2018- Pairic Ui Choamh Cork
    May 9th 2018 - Boucher Playing Fields Belfast
    May 12th/13th 2018- Pearse Stadium Galway
    May 16th/17th 2018- Phoenix Park Dublin

Taking Heads are rumoured to be reforming and may do a world tour in 2018
    Foo Fighters have a new album out in Sep 2017 and may play here in 2018

Where are you hearing this?

• Advertisement

Ah right, the ones from last year. They were fairly quickly poo-pooed by Jerry Harrison & Chris Frantz as being false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Ah right, the ones from last year. They were fairly quickly poo-pooed by Jerry Harrison & Chris Frantz as being false.

AFAIK the latest is that Chris/Jerry/Tina are on for it but DB is the stuck in the mud.

Best dance/funk band of all time IMHO but given how stellar the SMS era was, such a moment in time in memory, one wonders could a reforming be anything other than a letdown.

AFAIK the latest is that Chris/Jerry/Tina are on for it but DB is the stuck in the mud.

Best dance/funk band of all time IMHO but given how stellar the SOS era was, such a moment in time in memory, one wonders could a reforming be anything other than a letdown.

Yeah it's obviously David Byrne resisting, the others would jump at the chance. I don't think he's one to be swayed by cash either, rumours that he's working on a new solo record atm too so maybe we could get a tour for that.

As for it being a letdown you'd never know, but his set at Electric Picnic 2013 with St Vincent was incredible, lots of Talking Heads classics included.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Mushy wrote: »
    Hopefully get a Pearl Jam show, Eddie knows he wants come back. Can't see them doing two big gigs though, so would be a Dublin only affair.

He has being saying that since 1996 ..............
    And we know how that ended up .... :rolleyes:
    (7 years waiting now ............ )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I reckon shows here next summer by Foo Fighters, the Killers, possibly another U2 show, Roger Waters, Taylor Swift and maybe the long awaited return of Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Rolling Stones for Croker is one to watch for 2018

hawkelady wrote: »

Love it but I doubt it as it was supposably planned for this summer but they band wanted more money but the promoters said no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Any chance The Cure might do one? Hopefully not at EP this time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Love it but I doubt it as it was supposably planned for this summer but they band wanted more money but the promoters said no

I wouldn't blame the promoters ,have you seen the price of their tickets on the continent,absolutely outrageous .
    I wouldn't cross the road to watch those geriatrics .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame the promoters ,have you seen the price of their tickets on the continent,absolutely outrageous .

Love the Stones but this year was the year it should have happened given the Blue & Lonesome album being out. Saw them in Hyde Park in 2013 and they weren't as good as Slane 2007. The moment has passed for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zardoz wrote: »

Great band but I'm with ya, good at Slane 10 years ago but nothing out of this world they were nearly a busted flush then. Not a band I'd go out of my way for a repeat show and certainly not at those prices.

Hi , I believe they will have a new album in the works before next summer , I'm led to believe it was for tax/financial reasons that they aren't playing U.K./Ireland but have suggested that they will play those gigs in 2018. Tickets pricey alright but they still get full stadiums ..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hi , I believe they will have a new album in the works before next summer , I'm led to believe it was for tax/financial reasons that they aren't playing U.K./Ireland but have suggested that they will play those gigs in 2018. Tickets pricey alright but they still get full stadiums ..

Would they still sell out 80,000 people in Ireland? I thought they would be more suited for the Aviva

Would they still sell out 80,000 people in Ireland? I thought they would be more suited for the Aviva

Their fan base can well afford to travel so they won't have fans coming from the states , U.K. And Europe. I'd say it would sell out , add a decent support and job definitely done

• Advertisement

* will have fans.

For 2018 id gladly take Rolling Stones, Garth Brooks, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters shows. Thats who left on my bucket list. I was almost certain Ed Sheeran was a cert for Croke Park shows in 2018 but no

Hard too knw if Bruce Springsteen will tour Europe next year, Metallica may do the euro summer festival circuit and might play a warm up show (although its very doubtful). We will knw who touring, who maybe, who wont be by christmas this year

entropi wrote: »
    Skid Row announced for The Academy March 2nd. Tickets on sale Thursday, 30 euro approx.

Didn't knw the original Dragonforce singer is now lead singer of Skid Row

No interest in the gig tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Any thoughts or rumours about slane act for 2018?

deise76 wrote: »
    Any thoughts or rumours about slane act for 2018?

My guess would be one of

Foo Fighters
    Pearl Jam
    The Rolling Stones
    U2
    Oasis (never knw but very very doubtful)

Might not be a Slane next year. Hard too knw what big acts will be touring in 2018 ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Didn't knw the original Dragonforce singer is now lead singer of Skid Row

No interest in the gig tbh
    Yeah ZP Theart took over vocals, and although he's quite a good singer, people are usually expecting Bach and it'll never happen again in that regard.

entropi wrote: »
    Yeah ZP Theart took over vocals, and although he's quite a good singer, people are usually expecting Bach and it'll never happen again in that regard.

yeah although ZP is a great singer nobody will nail 'I remember you' and 'Youth gone wild' as good as bach

The new GAA championship calender will come into play next summer which could possibly mean the annual concert slots could be affected for Croke Park

Expect a lot of games too take place there in July/Aug 2018. Concerts will prob take place in May/June 2018 now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think so, you have to remember the last time was Slane, this would not have even been considered an option for lots of older fans. A lot of others would rule out slane too, just look at the amount of people you see saying "gig was great, but jaysus, never again -NEVER" in almost all slane threads.

So the last time the stones played an easily accessible venue here was was the point in 2003.

The inevitable high price would put me off seeing them if it were to be in say croke park, and the fact its in croke park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

rubadub wrote: »
    A lot of others would rule out slane too, just look at the amount of people you see saying "gig was great, but jaysus, never again -NEVER" in almost all slane threads.

You've people saying the same about every concert venue around the country. They still pack them in every time.

Advertisement