Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options
  • 08-10-2016 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭

Discussion of gig's that are/could be happening in Ireland in 2017

Croke Park- Coldplay confirmed to play there on the 8th July

A concert is set to take place at Slane next year

There will be a Marley Park series of concerts again. Events set to also take place in the Marquee in Cork and possibly the Royal hospital

Who will play the 3arena

Will there be shows in the Aviva Stadium, the new stadium in Cork and Nowlan Park kilkenny

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Metallica possibly, given the imminent release of their new album.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GLaDOS wrote: »

Not until Autumn at earliest apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GLaDOS wrote: »

there not touring europe in the summer (excluding 3 shows in Denmark in Feb 2017) but said they will tour europe in Autumn at the earliest. There stage design may not fit the 3arena (like the Death Magnetic tour) so i dont expect a Dublin show next Autumn but they might modify it like u2 and muse did

Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, Areosmith and Pearl Jam are set to tour europe next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Garth Brooks next July. He has said that he's in the final 20 cities of the American tour.

With the way he's been playing, it seems to be a city every two weeks, so that brings us into next summer. The perfect time for outdoor concerts here.

The residents bitter dispute has ended so I can see at least three being put on with little backlash from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The Raptor wrote: »
    The residents bitter dispute has ended so I can see at least three being put on with little backlash from them.

Thought they could only do 3 gigs, Coldplay would be 1 so if he is playing, it's got to be be 2 at most

• Advertisement

Garth Brooks next July. He has said that he's in the final 20 cities of the American tour.

With the way he's been playing, it seems to be a city every two weeks, so that brings us into next summer. The perfect time for outdoor concerts here.

Thought I read after the false cork rumours came out that he is not playing outside the US til at least 2018

Thought they could only do 3 gigs, Coldplay would be 1 so if he is playing, it's got to be be 2 at most

I really don't know how people don't know this yet. This is old news. Three concerts a year are allowed without a licence. If they want to go over that they can apply for a licence.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thought I read after the false cork rumours came out that he is not playing outside the US til at least 2018

I don't think that's true. He has said that he is on the final leg of the American tour, final 20 cities. He said this only a few weeks ago in a facebook live video. He seems to play a city every two weeks. So this means he should be free by next summer.

Edit: the timing of his tour will tie into the rumours in the Coldplay thread that the other two nights are reserved for Garth Brooks.

Another reason I think it could be him, or a totally different artist. They would have sold a second gig for Coldplay, there was demand for it. So this makes me think the other two nights are being reserved for someone else.

I don't think two nights are enough for him so I'm thinking there might be three nights in store for Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Robbie Williams announcing world tour dates in next week or two. Presumably a June date either a Friday or Saturday.

Last time in Dublin, 2013, he played the Aviva.

Anyone with inside info know if it'll be the same venue or Croker this year? Not sure he'd fill Croker at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd say metallica and green day are nailed on for marlay park.

Is it next year that's take that's 25th anniversary? If so I'd say the aviva for them, and probably michael buble as well.

I hope gnr don't play slane, I'd go but I hate the place.

The lad in the hat? Give him 2 nights in croker then ship him down the country.

I'd love to see billy joel again, he was great in the 3 arena last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Green day touring as well, probably Marlay Park,

Blink rumoured to be in Europe next summer too!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Green day touring as well, probably Marlay Park,

Blink rumoured to be in Europe next summer too!

Green day/Blink 182 co headline show would be cool

hopefully a few gigs will be announced this side of christmas so we can all get drunk on xmas day and dream of exciting days ahead :D:D:D:D

Pink is touring in 2017 so I image she will play here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Blink to play EP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

System of a Down have announced a few European festival and headline dates for June and July would love to see them add a 3 Arena show but doubt it.

Also Prophets of Rage announced they are headlining Nova Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I really don't know how people don't know this yet. This is old news. Three concerts a year are allowed without a licence. If they want to go over that they can apply for a licence.
    because what you've said isn't true.
    every large concert needs a licence. no concerts at Croke Park are allowed without a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

System of a Down have announced a few European festival and headline dates for June and July would love to see them add a 3 Arena show but doubt it.

Also Profits of Rage announced they are headlining Nova Rock

Headlining Nova? Christ there must be a dirge of headliners for the huge rock/metal fests.

Mushy wrote: »
    Headlining Nova? Christ there must be a dirge of headliners for the huge rock/metal fests.

Actually they just said they are playing Nova, My bad

Sum 41 announced a European tour but no Irish Date

14368775_10153754595892890_53599450912177650_n.jpg?oh=7b49b383d58075e05db3e0f08c6d5bb8&oe=58613CBE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This is gonna be BIG!!!!!

Drake is coming to the 3 Arena on Feb 19 next year!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This is gonna be BIG!!!!!

Drake is coming to the 3 Arena on Feb 19 next year!!!!!!

Almost certain he will play Feb 20th too .
    Tickets are saucy 84-114 euro plus fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Zardoz wrote: »
    Almost certain he will play Feb 20th too .
    Tickets are saucy 84-114 euro plus fees.

Ah jaysus that price is stupid high. Is it ideal to buy the tickets for that price as soon as they come out or is there any way around getting cheaper ones

Saw that Michael Buble is doing from Late Late show thing in a few weeks. So I imagine he will tour next summer and maybe do a Croke Park or Aviva show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Mushy wrote: »
    Not until Autumn at earliest apparently

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

Dickie Rock is confirmed for Vicar Street in March.

because what you've said isn't true.
    every large concert needs a licence. no concerts at Croke Park are allowed without a licence.

Sorry about that.

The first three are automatically given. After those three, a licence has to be applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sorry about that.

The first three are automatically given. After those three, a licence has to be applied for.
    nope, licences for every large outdoor event have to be applied for. none are automatically given.

Depeche Mode announced summer dates this morning including London and Nos Alive in Portugal

• Advertisement

nope, licences for every large outdoor event have to be applied for. none are automatically given.

This thread really isn't about licences my original point was that more than 3 can happen.

Advertisement